Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 04:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times

Advertisements

This guy was in a rut for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmsnTgBfWo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 04:59 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
That was a good makeover. I'd encourage others in his shoes to get makeovers, too.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:05 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Personality can come into play a lot here.

A lot of girls like long hair, or at least they used to when i was younger before rock and roll, leather jackets, binge drinking, and cigarette smoking died a slow and agonizing death.

But I would still say, the key is to attract a match.

And if your hair/tats/nose ring is part of your personality, then keep 'em.

The goal is not IMO to spruce yourself up to attract as much @ss as possible, it's to attract the right @ss.

(Though I will admit, most people are puppets and do have a fairly generic sense of attraction).

I love the au naturale look on women. I don't like makeup. I think this woman looks better before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3LMcziBvVo

Old 10-03-2019, 05:13 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Yeah, it totally depends on who you want to attract. If you go from long hair (on a guy) to a more conventional cut, you will, I expect, attract more conventional women. Who your parents, if they are still around, will probably like better, but, will YOU like them better?

Old 10-03-2019, 05:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

A lot of girls like long hair, or at least they used to when i was younger before rock and roll, leather jackets, binge drinking, and cigarette smoking died a slow and agonizing death.

The goal is not IMO to spruce yourself up to attract as much @ss as possible, it's to attract the right @ss.

(Though I will admit, most people are puppets and do have a fairly generic sense of attraction).

I love the au naturale look on women. I don't like makeup. I think this woman looks better before...

I think she looks great with the makeup. And she looks great before! Sometimes you just want to project a different vibe with makeup, and that is fine!

Old 10-03-2019, 05:31 PM

972 posts, read 542,287 times
Depends on the man's priorities.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think she looks great with the makeup. And she looks great before! Sometimes you just want to project a different vibe with makeup, and that is fine!
To me, with that much makeup, it projects almost an M.O.

So. If I saw both women (it's the same woman ), I'd more attracted to the one without makeup.

That said, like most men ... Mod cut. like would never be a deal breaker for me or even close...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-03-2019 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:23 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

She's pretty okay-looking before makeup. Not everyone is that pretty.

I know people who have to wear makeup just to look healthy... maybe they're really pale, and without blush and/or lipstick they look dead, or without mascara and eyebrow pencil they look like they don't have eyebrows/eyelashes (the "I'm having chemo" look), or they have something like rosacea that makes their face look really red and like they're really hot or embarrassed all the time and some foundation smooths it out and keeps people from asking them if they're okay.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:31 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
currently, i am wearing makeup, and i am male.

skin cancer treatment on my face is doing its job,
and it does not hurt, but it does make the side of
my face look like i fell off a bicycle without a helmet.
sort of: road rash, like that. so makeup makes my face
presentable in public. i have done it before,
and i expect this time to be like the last few times.
burn "look" to scabs to small scars.
which is better than cancer.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:20 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I liked the guy better before the make-over; I think he looked more masculine. But apparently that is not the look that young women are going for these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty