U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Status: "Traveling to the Yaeyama Islands" (set 4 days ago)

29 posts, read 6,609 times

Advertisements

Chanel's Chance eau tendre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 01:25 AM

9,965 posts, read 19,289,893 times
Jasmine oil (food additive) with a touch of dragon's blood (an oil scent mix). Or just plain amber, the resin sort.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:19 AM

6,672 posts, read 3,806,201 times
Recently I bought a bottle of Vera Wang and I absolutely love it. It's a gentle floral blend of lily and gardenia with aftertones of sandalwood, suitable for day or evening and long lasting scent.

Many of my favorites have long been discontinued. In the Sixties Jovan made a summer perfume called Grass Oil. I've looked for years for that with no luck.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:12 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,318,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Recently..........In the Sixties Jovan made a summer perfume called Grass Oil. I've looked for years for that with no luck.
Have you searched sites like www.fragrancex.com and www.fragrance.net ?
Try www.Parfumo.net see forum/site someone there might know.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:22 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,318,021 times
I have several favorites and lately been using several ZARA fragrances: Dear Blossom, Dear Lilac, Dear Iris & Red Vanilla.
I am on Parfumo.net forum username Nerys part of my collection can be viewed there still adding things I have or used to have. Some of the prettier empty bottles I display in bathroom window which is long and low in height catches morning sunlight so is pretty sparkly bottles to view in the morning.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:06 AM

3,406 posts, read 5,217,221 times
I think it's rather interesting that, as a guy, I have always disliked perfume. Maybe it's because my mom never wore any so I wasn't used to it? But it was almost always an immediate turn off back when I was single and dating.

And note, I'm not judging at all, nor do I care what other women are doing who are not my wife (and I realize that, just like fashion, not everyone is wearing cologne or perfume just to appeal to the opposite sex - many people do it for themselves). Just, for whatever reason, the enjoyment of perfume and cologne has always evaded me for whatever reason.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:28 AM

2,148 posts, read 484,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
I think it's rather interesting that, as a guy, I have always disliked perfume. Maybe it's because my mom never wore any so I wasn't used to it? But it was almost always an immediate turn off back when I was single and dating.

And note, I'm not judging at all, nor do I care what other women are doing who are not my wife (and I realize that, just like fashion, not everyone is wearing cologne or perfume just to appeal to the opposite sex - many people do it for themselves). Just, for whatever reason, the enjoyment of perfume and cologne has always evaded me for whatever reason.

It’s not just because you are a guy....women can be hyper sensitive to smells or perfume too....hyperosmia is a heightened sense of smell & there are also perfume sensitivities & allergies.......

Lots of men wear cologne too....& that’s more for us ofc than it is for them. I love a man that smells good A N D looks good....but a “clean” smell or woodsy masculine smell on a guy is better IMO......

Old 10-11-2019, 10:08 AM

3,917 posts, read 9,471,402 times
Bobbi Brown Beach
Clean fragrances (I wear alot of them, so don't have a favorite)

Old 10-11-2019, 11:38 AM

12,193 posts, read 20,782,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post

That’s why I’ve always been a believer that scent should be personal. For you to get a whiff of my cologne, you have to be in my personal space. And if I don’t know you, you ain’t gettin’ that close.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:10 PM

2,856 posts, read 755,609 times
Shalimar... My first recollection of this perfume is from 65 years ago as my mother kissed me goodnight at the door, for an evening out with my father. I was 5 years old. I can still see her dress and jewelry when I splash it on or get a whiff at an unexpected moment. She wore the pure extract parfum, I believe, but I have been wearing the Eau de Parfum since I was 18 years old. It is a romantic and enchanting fragrance. I have never tired of it.

Shalimar by Guerlain:

Four centuries ago, in India, Emperor Shah Jahan fell hopelessly in love with Princess Mumtaz Mahal. He had the enchanting Gardens of Shalimar built for her and dedicated the Taj Mahal to her as well, one of the seven new wonders of the world. This incredible tale sparked the imagination of Jacques Guerlain, who created Shalimar, the first oriental fragrance in history, in 1925.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty