U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 04:15 PM

2,085 posts, read 778,118 times

Advertisements

Whipped Shea Butter and Virgin Coconut Oil. You skin will drink up either or both.

Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. Early research shows that applying coconut oil to the skin twice daily can improve skin moisture in people with dry skin. It is effective for eczema and psoriasis.

Shea butter is a complex fat that in addition to many nonsaponifiable components contains the following fatty acids: oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, linolenic acid and arachidic acid.

Shea butter melts at body temperature. Proponents of its use for skin care maintain that it absorbs rapidly into the skin, acts as a "refatting" agent, and has good water-binding properties. People apply shea butter for acne, arthritis, burns, dandruff, inflamed skin, dry skin, eczema, insect bites, muscle soreness, scaly and itchy skin (psoriasis), rash, a skin infection caused by mites (scabies), scars, sinus infection, skin breakages, stretch marks, wound healing, and wrinkled skin.

They are also both used for cooking.

I use this for all my personal cleansing needs - even shampoo.

https://www.vitacost.com/nutribiotic...adid=927000470

Last edited by ComeCloser; 11-04-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 10:29 PM

1,053 posts, read 288,003 times
CeraVe for moisturizing, especially the eye cream

Cetaphil liquid for face washing

ELF has a good makeup remover wipe that I especially like when traveling.

All of these are pretty inexpensive and can be found at Walgreen, Target, Walmart, Ulta, etc.

Old 11-06-2019, 05:13 PM

11,770 posts, read 16,833,312 times
I learned this from my patient.
Cocoa butter. Makes skin radiant.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:54 AM

1,903 posts, read 680,214 times
Cetaphil lotion.

The cetaphil that comes in the small tub with lid is the best lotion I have ever used for my eczema.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:24 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,391,266 times
Bought in the sales online KikoMilano Sicilian Notes energizing face moisturizer and Sicilian Notes energizing cleanser been using it now for a week. Very lovely sicilian lemons scent and works well. The moisturizer is a gel and non-greasy. Sales price moisturizes euro 8.00 and cleanser euro 3.50. I look up USA site and sale is there for usd 10.00 and usd 5.00 for the items. I use pea size amount and I think jar will last few months.

https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-us/...sicilian+notes

Old 02-02-2020, 07:08 AM

15,409 posts, read 13,231,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
Looking for Skin moisturizer for my face and facial cleanser that aren’t too expensive and not filled with A lot of chemicals.
I use doublebase really cheap with no perfumes.. you can add some vit E from a capsule and put it through it ..if you wanted to.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:16 AM

21,801 posts, read 31,799,342 times
If looking to avoid the chemical soup found in the typical drug store brands checkout Alba Botanical products. They're usually available at Target (maybe Walmart?) and are quite affordable with a list of ingredients that are about entirely plant-based. You can also purchase online at varying websites too. The Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser is fabulous https://www.albabotanica.com/en/prod...-enzyme-8floz/ as is the Hawaiian Oil-Free Aloe and Green Tea Moisturizer. https://www.albabotanica.com/en/prod...green-tea-3oz/

Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 AM

6,719 posts, read 3,077,605 times
Cleaner: Ivory soap.

Lotion: Oil of Olay.

Old 02-03-2020, 07:34 PM

32,961 posts, read 61,572,030 times
You cannot go wrong with oil of Olay's original formula.

Cleanser: Basis soap. Cleans without drying.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:54 AM

11,224 posts, read 13,951,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Buy a very small jar of pure shea butter and a cheap salt server with spoon (it's a teeny tiny bowl that holds just a few pinches of salt).

Use the salt spoon to scrape a pea-sized bit of shea butter from the jar, and mix with 3 or 4 drops of olive oil from the kitchen cupboard.

Use a few drops to coat your face, and wipe it off with a dry cotton wash cloth. Then rinse the wash cloth, use hand soap if needed to clean all the makeup and dirt off the cloth, and wipe the rinsed, wet cloth over your face again. If you removed too much of the oil/butter mixture just add a single drop from whatever is left over in your salt dish.

You have just removed all your makeup and moisturized your skin with 2 ingredients, no soap at all, no chemicals or artificial anything, at the cost of around 50 cents per week.
This is similar to my cleansing method. Various types of oils work great for this, plus the washcloth exfoliates. However, I do this in the shower, since the heat helps liquefy the oil.

I do follow up with cleanser afterward. I've been using Bela Pure Goat Milk & Honey bar soap for the past year. Love this soap, no sting and smells nice.

For moisture, I'm on my 2nd jar of egyptian magic all purpose skin cream. This has easily become a staple in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty