Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 1,979 times

Advertisements

I have never tried any whitening strips, what brands would u recommend?
Thanks for sharing in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 04:33 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
I don't know what's changed, but I used to use them and also an on the go whitener and it really worked. I think it was more the on the go one that worked. Of course the one I loved is no longer available. They were whitening pens. I have tried some others but nothing seems to work as well.
https://www.amazon.com/BriteSmile-Go.../dp/B00VQTNVQ4 was what I had been using and the difference was really noticeable.
Does anyone have any to suggest? I have tried about 2 other brands and while there is nothing negative they just did not seem to work as well. The whitening pens were great. I would use them when I got in the car, knowing it would be at least 30 minutes and no food or drink. I used it randomly but about 2 times a day. Within weeks I saw a difference and so did my husband.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 643 times
Default Both Work, Dentist a little better.

I've tried both teeth whitening strips from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00336EUTK and from my local dentist https://dentist-bend.com/. IMHO the system my dentist used worked a little better, there was a special tray he fitted to my teeth and then you load the tray with these special syringes that have this weird bleach stuff. It was quite a bit more expensive for the dentist version but it did (and does) work. If you're broke you could just go with Amazon, it's just not quite as good.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:13 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
I've used the Crest teeth whitening strips on and off since March and today when I was in sunlight I had a hand held mirror with me and I noticed a noticeable difference.

Because the strips are shaped to be used just for the front rows of the teeth, the molars (that don't have the strips) are not as white, thus I saw the difference. I haven't changed my brushing habits or techniques, just put the strips on once in awhile since getting them.

Others feel these strips are overall pretty effective? Guess that is why they are locked up at the stores (when you want to buy them, the clerk has to get them from the case).

I believe they are locked up because they are expensive. My dentist said they are most effective after you have had your professional dental cleaning which is when I use them.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:25 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Keep in mind that if you have sensitive teeth or gums that some of these whitening methods may make it worse. My dentist told me this when I was asking about getting my teeth whitened a bit.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:02 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Teeth whitening of any kind is only good for natural teeth. If you have any crowns or caps or porcelain fillings they will remain the unwanted color. I wanted to whiten my teeth and asked my dentist when I was getting a crown, which is made to match the current color of one's teeth, if whitening would work with the crowns I have in my mouth. She said "No", which does make sense.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:51 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Crest dissolving white strips are good if you are on the go. No need to take the strips out and rinse your mouth. These just dissolve and freshen your breath at the same time. Takes about twenty minutes and I use them when I'm driving.

People drink so much coffee these days so teeth whitening is needed more often

Old 01-24-2020, 04:59 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
I can't use most commercial whiteners- they make my teeth super sensitive. My dentist told me I can make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and brush with that. OMG - it totally works, especially if you use it several times a week.

Just an FYI for those who can't use the whitening strips. It's also a lot cheaper.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:10 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I can't use most commercial whiteners- they make my teeth super sensitive. My dentist told me I can make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and brush with that. OMG - it totally works, especially if you use it several times a week.

Just an FYI for those who can't use the whitening strips. It's also a lot cheaper.
You can use that instead of toothpaste, too. Prevents gum disease

Old 01-25-2020, 07:10 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post

That's what I use. Also add a little salt as an abrasive. Then I rinse for a few minutes with peroxide.

I bought a large box of Crest whitener strips from my dentist but I couldn't see that they made much difference. And I don't know what it is about the way I put them it but they never stay in place - wander all around my mouth. Gave up on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty