U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Attractive?
Yes. 68 45.64%
No. 40 26.85%
No, but I think I am. 9 6.04%
Yes, but I think I'm not. 13 8.72%
Other. 19 12.75%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:21 AM

33,659 posts, read 21,359,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, if they're hitting you up for sex, rather than for a convo and/or coffee, one tends to draw a certain conclusion. But you're right; it's possible she's just curvy and gorgeous, even when bundled up in a winter coat. OK, I take back my earlier comment.
Men are pigs. (OK, I do NOT mean that literally, I like men).

I held it together through my 40s pretty well, still got hit on by younger guys and such.

But my 50s? The aging bus may not have run me over, but is has certainly grazed me and left me limping.....

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 12:48 PM

8,757 posts, read 6,368,806 times
I don't know how good looking I am. I'm still in the process of refining myself and actualizing my style. I estimate myself as average in everything except for height. 6'0"

I'm struggling with my weight which does not do my looks a favor.

I still believe in my potential. And i'm not entirely sure how good my potential looks.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:50 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,274,028 times
Almost everyone thinks they are better looking than they really are.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You are definitely attractive! But what matters is how you feel about yourself. If you don't feel attractive, no one else's opinion matters.
Definitely agree. 100%

Old 11-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Almost everyone thinks they are better looking than they really are.
Crap.

...So in actuality I am below average. Now, I think I'm below average, so this means I'm ugly. Now I think I'm ugly so I guess I'm unreasonably hideous...

...You can't go lower than...

Oh, crap!!! I just did.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:42 PM

729 posts, read 319,780 times
I've never really judged myself. But it does feel good when a woman would look at me and give me a smile. My wife ignores it. She used to be bothered by it but I told her that I only have eyes for her. I love her. I mean...She puts up with my jokes and supports me when I'm having a terrible time and listens to me when we have a fatality I have to work or other terrible incident. Besides, she taught me how to love again!!

Old 11-03-2019, 05:23 PM

1,629 posts, read 839,182 times
Well, at almost 58 it's getting more and more difficult to be okay looking, let alone good looking. It's depressing to look in the mirror but I suppose aging is better than the alternative, at least for now.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:27 PM

15,593 posts, read 32,046,381 times
Remember folks, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". No matter WHAT you look like there are those out there who will dig it and find you attractive. Seriously, no matter what.

And to answer the question, I think I look good for a healthy, reasonably fit 70 y.o. woman. I have reasonable expectations of my looks considering age, and am happy to be mostly fit and able to do what I like. If anyone thinks I am attractive or not is of zero consequence to me. My husband thinks I am great, and that is the only person's opinion that I care about.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:32 PM

33,659 posts, read 21,359,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Remember folks, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". No matter WHAT you look like there are those out there who will dig it and find you attractive. Seriously, no matter what.

And to answer the question, I think I look good for a healthy, reasonably fit 70 y.o. woman. I have reasonable expectations of my looks considering age, and am happy to be mostly fit and able to do what I like. If anyone thinks I am attractive or not is of zero consequence to me. My husband thinks I am great, and that is the only person's opinion that I care about.

Couldn't agree more!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-03-2019, 05:37 PM

57,125 posts, read 76,134,673 times
I did not get this far without a few scars still clean up well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or