U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Are You Attractive?
Yes. 68 45.64%
No. 40 26.85%
No, but I think I am. 9 6.04%
Yes, but I think I'm not. 13 8.72%
Other. 19 12.75%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2019, 04:47 PM
 
Location: DFW
987 posts, read 301,401 times
Reputation: 1696

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I look pretty damn good and I'm not afraid to say it! I didn't feel this way as of a few years ago.

I'm a 24 year old, 6'2" dude with a slightly muscular build. I'm mostly black (I have some Native American and Irish ancestry mixed in), have a light-to-medium skin tone, light brown eyes, and a head full of nice hair. I have a mouth full of white teeth (some people say I have the whitest smile they've seen and ask for my dental care tips) and prominent dimples when I smile. If we're using the "x/10" scale, I'd say I'm an 8. My biggest fault is that I'm skinny-fat: I look good for my height in clothes, but I have large sizable fat deposits in my stomach, sides, and thighs, despite the fact that I'm very active and (try to) eat as healthy as possible.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not afraid to say that I'm attractive, as I didn't always feel this way. I've been overweight and/or obese for the vast majority of my life. In 2016, during my sophomore/junior year of college, I hit 300 pounds for the first time. At that point, I realized that I either needed to make a lifestyle change or pass away early. Over the span of 18 months, I ended up losing 104 pounds, bringing me down to 196. Admittedly, I gained 73 pounds back between August 2017 and February 2019, mainly attributed to the stress of my senior year of college. As of February, however, I've lost a maximum of 42 pounds before suffering a bad ankle injury in August. Now that I'm fully recovered, I can't wait to fall below 200 pounds again in 2020!
Good for you working hard to lose that weight.
And you do sound hot actually! (but could be my son- LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2019, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
7,966 posts, read 4,363,771 times
Reputation: 19513
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I been told I look like the “Rock”

From really far away! Lol
And I’d look like Penelope Cruz, if ya hung me upside down.... naked.

Last edited by Sydney123; 11-04-2019 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2019, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Southern California
12,517 posts, read 11,085,847 times
Reputation: 34576
I'm simply marvelous, or so my wife and mom tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2019, 08:37 AM
 
Location: SoCal again
16,925 posts, read 13,645,943 times
Reputation: 33546
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I look pretty damn good and I'm not afraid to say it! I didn't feel this way as of a few years ago.

I'm a 24 year old, 6'2" dude with a slightly muscular build. I'm mostly black (I have some Native American and Irish ancestry mixed in), have a light-to-medium skin tone, light brown eyes, and a head full of nice hair. I have a mouth full of white teeth (some people say I have the whitest smile they've seen and ask for my dental care tips) and prominent dimples when I smile. If we're using the "x/10" scale, I'd say I'm an 8. My biggest fault is that I'm skinny-fat: I look good for my height in clothes, but I have large sizable fat deposits in my stomach, sides, and thighs, despite the fact that I'm very active and (try to) eat as healthy as possible.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not afraid to say that I'm attractive, as I didn't always feel this way. I've been overweight and/or obese for the vast majority of my life. In 2016, during my sophomore/junior year of college, I hit 300 pounds for the first time. At that point, I realized that I either needed to make a lifestyle change or pass away early. Over the span of 18 months, I ended up losing 104 pounds, bringing me down to 196. Admittedly, I gained 73 pounds back between August 2017 and February 2019, mainly attributed to the stress of my senior year of college. As of February, however, I've lost a maximum of 42 pounds before suffering a bad ankle injury in August. Now that I'm fully recovered, I can't wait to fall below 200 pounds again in 2020!
Finally someone who thinks he is good looking and doesn't just claim to be a former hottie. I find mixed races are the most beautiful people.

Now work off that chub my friend!!! Skinny fat is not pretty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM
 
8,228 posts, read 3,014,991 times
Reputation: 18903
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yeah, look at the photos Nick Nolte when he was in his early 30's and look at him now! I doubt very many people would EVER guess that he used to be a hunk. However, as far as men aging worse than women, I think that just depends on the individual. Look at Kathleen Turner for a female version of this, going from "hottie" to blowsy and drab.

I truly do think that keeping fit one one's weight down has a lot to do with physical attractiveness up to a point.

In Kathleen Turner's defense, she's been dealing with RA for years now. I assume she's on steroids. Steroids WILL change your appearance. You get a moon face, your skin gets bad, hair grows in funny places...


My sister in law had a kidney transplant when she was 19 yrs old. She's been on anti-rejection meds forever practically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2019, 02:21 PM
 
Location: City Data Land
15,777 posts, read 9,162,760 times
Reputation: 30960
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Finally someone who thinks he is good looking and doesn't just claim to be a former hottie. I find mixed races are the most beautiful people.

Now work off that chub my friend!!! Skinny fat is not pretty!
Agreed. The skin tones are so lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2019, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Colorado
13,243 posts, read 8,027,950 times
Reputation: 23882
I agree about mixed race people. I've heard some complain politically that one day Americans (or all people?) will all be mixed race, and I'm like "but is that a bad thing?"

One of the most strikingly attractive people I know, is a blend of black, white, Puerto Rican, Native American, and something else I can't even recall. The one thing he isn't, is one thing people assume: Mexican. I guess because he has light brown toned skin and black hair (when he doesn't dye it various colors.) But what makes me weak in the knees, he's got stunning green eyes, and a wicked gorgeous smile. He's also one of the most intelligent people I know. He's studying biochemistry right now, and he speaks at least a dozen languages. He learns them for fun. Also he spins fire.

So yeah. That genetic diversity has produced one hell of an impressive human being, in my estimation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2019, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Virginia
2,618 posts, read 2,860,658 times
Reputation: 2073
On a scale.from 1 to 10 I am like a -2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2019, 08:16 AM
 
8,228 posts, read 3,014,991 times
Reputation: 18903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I agree about mixed race people. I've heard some complain politically that one day Americans (or all people?) will all be mixed race, and I'm like "but is that a bad thing?"

One of the most strikingly attractive people I know, is a blend of black, white, Puerto Rican, Native American, and something else I can't even recall. The one thing he isn't, is one thing people assume: Mexican. I guess because he has light brown toned skin and black hair (when he doesn't dye it various colors.) But what makes me weak in the knees, he's got stunning green eyes, and a wicked gorgeous smile. He's also one of the most intelligent people I know. He's studying biochemistry right now, and he speaks at least a dozen languages. He learns them for fun. Also he spins fire.

So yeah. That genetic diversity has produced one hell of an impressive human being, in my estimation.

I think it'll be a good thing. When everyone has brown little babies, and brown little grandchildren, people are going to get along a lot better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2019, 11:28 AM
 
Location: South Florida
4,889 posts, read 5,646,387 times
Reputation: 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I've been overweight and/or obese for the vast majority of my life. In 2016, during my sophomore/junior year of college, I hit 300 pounds for the first time. At that point, I realized that I either needed to make a lifestyle change or pass away early. Over the span of 18 months, I ended up losing 104 pounds, bringing me down to 196. Admittedly, I gained 73 pounds back between August 2017 and February 2019, mainly attributed to the stress of my senior year of college. As of February, however, I've lost a maximum of 42 pounds before suffering a bad ankle injury in August. Now that I'm fully recovered, I can't wait to fall below 200 pounds again in 2020!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top