Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Attractive?
Yes. 68 45.64%
No. 40 26.85%
No, but I think I am. 9 6.04%
Yes, but I think I'm not. 13 8.72%
Other. 19 12.75%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:07 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times

Advertisements

It all comes down to how you feel about yourself that exudes attractiveness.

When I'm in the mood and put myself together, yes, I think I am attractive and people notice. For a recent company function, I wore a black dress that was almost tailor made for me. My hair and makeup were on point. I looked good.

When I'm feeling withdrawn/tired/etc., then I disappear. I wear clothes that don't pop and do anything for me. My hair is in a boring ponytail. Which is what I want when I feel that way. And people don't pay much attention. Though I am tall, and that garners attention just because.

I think this applies to many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 10:25 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,019 times
It does seem that the majority of compliments are always being given to women.
How nice they look today, that's a pretty dress you're wearing today, cute haircut...etc.

So guys, when I compliment you...that color shirt looks good on you, or nice smelling cologne you're wearing...would you think I'm hitting on you?

I know this could go for both sexes.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:28 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
It does seem that the majority of compliments are always being given to women.
How nice they look today, that's a pretty dress you're wearing today, cute haircut...etc.

So guys, when I compliment you...that color shirt looks good on you, or nice smelling cologne you're wearing...would you think I'm hitting on you?

I know this could go for both sexes.
I always let my man know that he is the hottest piece of a$$ around. Am I the only one?

Old 10-31-2019, 10:42 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always let my man know that he is the hottest piece of a$$ around. Am I the only one?
Nope.

Men and women love to feel desired.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:55 AM

21,880 posts, read 12,930,704 times
There's also "I used to be very good looking, but now I'm aging and...not so much." Just as a child seems to change into an entirely different person when grown up, a young adult changes once again into an entirely different person when old.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:03 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
There's also "I used to be very good looking, but now I'm aging and...not so much." Just as a child seems to change into an entirely different person when grown up, a young adult changes once again into an entirely different person when old.
That scares me

I have a tenant, a nice older man. He showed me his portfolio yesterday. He was a model back in the day and on many magazines. He was extremely handsome, sexy and wow, my jaw dropped, I would have never guessed.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:31 AM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
I am not hideous.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:33 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
That scares me

I have a tenant, a nice older man. He showed me his portfolio yesterday. He was a model back in the day and on many magazines. He was extremely handsome, sexy and wow, my jaw dropped, I would have never guessed.
This happens more than one would think. Was watching a show on TV the other night, a former surfer being interviewed (probably in his 60s, very aged, kind of "shlubby". They showed photos of him when he was a young surfing champ and OMG - he was drop dead kind of gorgeous - tan and buff with piercing blue eyes and thick blond hair! You would never in a MILLION YEARS recognize him. I see this happen with men and women alike, but many men seem to age earlier, and worse than women.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:35 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not hideous.
That’d make a great country song title

Old 10-31-2019, 11:37 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
That scares me

My sister's father-in-law died a few years ago, and the family had one of those running videos of pictures from over the years at the funeral parlor.

I only knew him as a toddling nice old man who was sliding down into dementia. I was surprised when I saw the photos of him as a young and middle-aged man. Very handsome, sharp dresser. Age is a game-changer.

The young woman who does my hair works out of a shop in a town with a lot of retirees. She said one woman comes in to get her hair done regularly. She's taken there by a caregiver because she has dementia. The stylist said that the last time she came in, she was very bright and animated, saying not to worry about getting paid because her husband will pay when he comes in later. The caregiver just gave the stylist an amused look, because the husband has been dead for years. When she was done, the stylist, not thinking, gave her hand mirror to look at herself. She said the woman stared at her reflection, and then said, "That's not me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty