U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Attractive?
Yes. 68 45.64%
No. 40 26.85%
No, but I think I am. 9 6.04%
Yes, but I think I'm not. 13 8.72%
Other. 19 12.75%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 12:38 PM

16,925 posts, read 13,659,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This happens more than one would think. Was watching a show on TV the other night, a former surfer being interviewed (probably in his 60s, very aged, kind of "shlubby". They showed photos of him when he was a young surfing champ and OMG - he was drop dead kind of gorgeous - tan and buff with piercing blue eyes and thick blond hair! You would never in a MILLION YEARS recognize him. I see this happen with men and women alike, but many men seem to age earlier, and worse than women.
Because women use make up and color their hair. Men may not even have hair left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 12:43 PM

2,470 posts, read 1,442,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always let my man know that he is the hottest piece of a$$ around. Am I the only one?
No, not the only one. I do the same. I want to make the man I am seeing/dating feel good

Old 10-31-2019, 12:49 PM

59,783 posts, read 57,247,841 times
Quote:
Because women use make up and color their hair. Men may not even have hair left.
This is true, but sometimes it can backfire.

I saw a woman in the supermarket not long ago. Pitch-black dyed hair, heavy makeup around the eyes, bright red lipstick. She had to be somewhere in her 70s and was heavily lined and obviously still doing her hair and makeup in a way that had worked for her 40 years ago. It made for a harsh appearance.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:49 PM

987 posts, read 302,689 times
My gut reaction was to say "No, but I think I am". I waited a few days and checked the numbers again, still only one person voted this until I just did.
Maybe it depends upon question interpretation?

The reason this is my gut reaction is because sitting here staring at my computer, in my mind, I look like Jennifer Anniston or Cameron Diaz, and anyone who walks in my office is tripping over themselves to be near me. Then I get up to go to the ladies room, and while washing my hands, glance up at the mirror, and only see my mother looking back at me.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
My gut reaction was to say "No, but I think I am". I waited a few days and checked the numbers again, still only one person voted this until I just did.
Maybe it depends upon question interpretation?

The reason this is my gut reaction is because sitting here staring at my computer, in my mind, I look like Jennifer Anniston or Cameron Diaz, and anyone who walks in my office is tripping over themselves to be near me. Then I get up to go to the ladies room, and while washing my hands, glance up at the mirror, and only see my mother looking back at me.
I used to see my mother looking back at me, too, but lately, Dad's been showing up.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:49 PM

16,925 posts, read 13,659,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I used to see my mother looking back at me, too, but lately, Dad's been showing up.
you guys scare me

Old 10-31-2019, 03:02 PM

8,483 posts, read 4,776,498 times
Quote:
you guys scare me
You think it won't happen to you. But it will.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:08 PM

11,177 posts, read 10,737,666 times
My mother is 71 and I'd still consider her conventionally attractive. She's aged, is all.

I hope that when I look in the mirror I do see my mother

Old 10-31-2019, 04:01 PM

My Mom will be 91 on November 12, and she actually looks pretty good. So did her mother, who made it to 94. Maybe we get better with age in my gene pool.

I was talking one day with my S.O. about Jessica Tandy and what a beautiful woman she was in her later years. I said, "That's my goal. I want to be a beautiful old lady."

He said, "You ARE a beautiful old lady."

Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 PM

15,791 posts, read 9,172,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is true, but sometimes it can backfire.

I saw a woman in the supermarket not long ago. Pitch-black dyed hair, heavy makeup around the eyes, bright red lipstick. She had to be somewhere in her 70s and was heavily lined and obviously still doing her hair and makeup in a way that had worked for her 40 years ago. It made for a harsh appearance.
My mother in law does that. She is 76, dyes her hair jet black, leavibg no grey at all, and still wears bright red lipstick. It does not look natural; only harsh. There is a fine line between enhancing one's beauty and denying our inevitable aging process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or