U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Attractive?
Yes. 68 45.64%
No. 40 26.85%
No, but I think I am. 9 6.04%
Yes, but I think I'm not. 13 8.72%
Other. 19 12.75%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 04:10 PM

4,979 posts, read 2,151,599 times

Advertisements

could it have been a Halloween costume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 04:39 PM

4,450 posts, read 1,925,559 times
This is fun, reading these answers.

I did get the blond hair (long), blue eyes, long legs and considerable bosoms but I think my face is average.

Never teased, had enough dates but those dates were from non-corporate guys who were on the fringy side, which makes sense since I am too.

When I look up "How does 64 look", I think I'm doing pretty well comparatively. Probably time for another face-lift, heh.

I look good in the mirror IF I'm not wearing my reading glasses, LOL. Or slightly out-of-focus pictures like on my driver's license. Def NOT photogenic AT ALL. On my passport I look like I've risen from the grave!

Someone asked where the profile pic is. Moab, Utah at the dump. Must be the loveliest dump in the world.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:49 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,069,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
My gut reaction was to say "No, but I think I am". I waited a few days and checked the numbers again, still only one person voted this until I just did.
Maybe it depends upon question interpretation?

The reason this is my gut reaction is because sitting here staring at my computer, in my mind, I look like Jennifer Anniston or Cameron Diaz, and anyone who walks in my office is tripping over themselves to be near me. Then I get up to go to the ladies room, and while washing my hands, glance up at the mirror, and only see my mother looking back at me.
I also voted "No, but I think I am."

If we're going with RELATIVE attractiveness then I'm nowhere near the top due to being a short guy and of a race that's not the most desirable, though I've always been pretty muscular.

However, there are times I do think I'm attractive.

I also considered 'other' meaning that I really don't care how attractive I am, because it doesn't mean a lot to me, and it doesn't mean a lot to me how attractive YOU are, in a physical sense for me to get to know you. I'll be honest, I don't think about how attractive I am very often. When I was young, it was a daily ordeal.

I think either way, it's a healthy attitude.

What you do NOT want is "I'm not attractive and attractiveness matters a lot..."

Old 10-31-2019, 07:06 PM

2,084 posts, read 764,866 times
I chose other. I know of no finer specimen of what I am.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:48 AM

11,880 posts, read 22,127,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
When you look in the mirror, you can control your features. Pics are taken at odd moments. I tend to have squinty eyes and a gummy smile when I smile for pictures. If I try to not smile and keep eyes open, I tend to look like a sad sack.

The last time I liked a photo of myself was at age 21 or so.

I'm not losing any sleep over it though.
I used to take great pictures but now all they show is pain on my face from being in pain 24/7 from a failed fusion. I haven't allowed pics of myself to be taken in 10 years because of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I love "older" people. There is an astrologer named Cal Garrison, and you know, they usually say that we have to keep out of the sun, but I love how her dark sun-kissed skin and her silvery white hair contrasts. I find her very beautiful!

And in the extreme of older beauty, there is Eileen Kramer. She is 104 years old. A dancer and choreographer from Australia. Just looking at a photo of her brings tears to my eyes and chills to my skin. She still dances!! (Though a lot of it is flowing motions from a sitting position now. STILL THOUGH.)

A thought came to me when I first saw a video and article about her. There is a point in old age where a different kind of beauty is there, it seems like all of the bullcrap has been burned away by the years, and she is nearly a being of pure spirit.

LOL I re-read this and feel I lose all credibility as a rational thinker, having mentioned an astrologer and talked about pure spirit...I truly do view most of the woo-woo stuff as just quaint and fun, not serious. But when it comes to Eileen Kramer, I mean it. It's just the only way I can describe her.

Oh, and last year, at age 103, she wrote and published her autobiography.
Eileen Kramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This happens more than one would think. Was watching a show on TV the other night, a former surfer being interviewed (probably in his 60s, very aged, kind of "shlubby". They showed photos of him when he was a young surfing champ and OMG - he was drop dead kind of gorgeous - tan and buff with piercing blue eyes and thick blond hair! You would never in a MILLION YEARS recognize him. I see this happen with men and women alike, but many men seem to age earlier, and worse than women.
My hub got better looking with age. I see pics of him when he was younger with brown hair, it did nothing for him. He looks like a totally different person with grey hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is true, but sometimes it can backfire.

I saw a woman in the supermarket not long ago. Pitch-black dyed hair, heavy makeup around the eyes, bright red lipstick. She had to be somewhere in her 70s and was heavily lined and obviously still doing her hair and makeup in a way that had worked for her 40 years ago. It made for a harsh appearance.
I knew a woman, Gloria that wore black wigs and full face make up. She would never let anyone see her without being made up. She was the only one I knew that could pull it off. Gloria looked like Elizabeth Taylor, but was more beautiful then Taylor. She also had a beautiful personality.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:43 AM

670 posts, read 344,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I don't think so but I'm not attracted to husky black men!!!

But other people think I am attractive. I had this woman, on her wedding day, stating that I look better than LL cool J...right next to her newly wedded husband. lol.

Should've gone for it. You know what they say about women at weddings!

Old 11-01-2019, 08:44 AM

25,709 posts, read 19,118,776 times
Probably a 5.

I think I have an attractive face. I'm a bigger guy with a pot belly but am a regular weightlifter, and most people don't think I am as heavy as I am.

My hairline went back about 20, and I kept trying to keep it relatively long for years, so that looked really stupid. I keep it buzzed now.

I generally dress like a bum, but if I know I'll be doing something important, I'll make myself presentable.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:00 AM

8,455 posts, read 4,768,734 times
I guess what I would say, in all honesty, is that I could still be good-looking (even at my age) if I worked at it, but as I was always a natural beauty -- if I do say so myself -- who was very low-maintenance, fussing with hair, makeup, clothes, and even diet aren't really my "thing." I could make more of an effort, but I don't. My appearance just isn't that important to me at this stage of my life.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:42 AM

15,775 posts, read 9,162,760 times
Love these answers! The acceptance of ourselves as humans with flaws, that's so cool. The endless pursuit of unrealistic standards of external beauty is a losing battle and one guaranteed to make us miserable.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:19 AM

987 posts, read 300,861 times
So now I want to know what everyone looks like!
Considering a "who would play YOU in a movie" thread to get an idea, but not sure which forum to post that in.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or