U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 01:40 PM

996 posts, read 1,625,912 times

Advertisements

Meryl Streep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 02:04 PM

15,535 posts, read 31,871,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I saw her on Law and Order a few years back and didn't recognize her. Google SS plastic surgery to see befor and after. She might look good but aging gracefully (no PS) she is not.
I totally disagree. I just looked up several up close photos of her from 2019. She is stunning, and has wrinkles and totally natural. Maybe she was "made up" to look less than pleasing on the show? I wish I looked as good as her.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:07 PM

47,290 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Yes, Meryl Streep and she looks fantastic.

So does Brooke Shields and I don't believe she's had any plastic surgery.

Jodi Foster and Julianne Moore also eschew plastic surgery as well as the FANTASTIC Emma Thompson. And also Isabella Rossellini.

Judi Dench and Lauren Hutton both are au naturale as well and look great.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM

47,290 posts, read 38,098,960 times
A few years ago I decided to let my hair be it's natural color. I didn't even know what color it was! Turns out it's salt and pepper - mostly salt on top and mostly pepper around the bottom edge. I LOVE IT.

It just hit me one day - why am I dyeing my hair? Is it to look younger? Because I doubt seriously that anyone really thinks I'm not in my 50s. I mean, people I KNOW know I'm in my 50s. People who don't know me - why would I care what they think about me? I DON'T. So I went with my natural color and now I get compliments on it nearly every day. And it's super healthy.

I'm not saying all that to talk about me - I'm just saying that I applaud these women for embracing their age. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:26 PM

996 posts, read 1,625,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes, Meryl Streep and she looks fantastic.

So does Brooke Shields and I don't believe she's had any plastic surgery.

Jodi Foster and Julianne Moore also eschew plastic surgery as well as the FANTASTIC Emma Thompson. And also Isabella Rossellini.

Judi Dench and Lauren Hutton both are au naturale as well and look great.
It's funny because Emma Thompson was always regarded as the "ugly sister actress" in the UK but she has aged beautifully. Olivia Coleman too.
I think Katie Couric looks pretty amazing for 62 (not that 62 is old).

Old 11-07-2019, 03:01 PM

23,922 posts, read 15,444,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Gayle King is 64. Robin Roberts 58. Hoda Kotb is 56. It's not like they're just using the young ones.
Are their faces natural?

Old 11-07-2019, 03:08 PM

10,718 posts, read 5,619,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Are their faces natural?
I don't know enough about Gayle or Hoda to know. Robin doesn't strike me as the plastic surgery type. And she's been a little busy battling cancer and having a bone marrow transplant to worry about such things.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:27 PM

4,022 posts, read 2,168,810 times
Keanu Reeve’s partner Ali Drucker recently said (about herself):

It matters to see a woman who possesses physical attributes that
dermatologists, hair colorists and targeted adds on Instagram have long told me to change,
cover up or prevent before they get worse.”

Old 11-07-2019, 09:19 PM

897 posts, read 271,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Linda Hamilton in the new Terminator movie, and Jane Seymour in The Kominsky Method, are two actresses I’ve noticed lately who have good mature faces, seemingly without plastic surgery. I hope this is a trend that continues in show biz land.

I do not think tight fake faces are as attractive as those which are aging gracefully.
As a large segment of the population ages, we'll see a lot more opting for the natural look over the fake. It's a great time to be a senior as we enter the age of genuine human being.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:55 PM

15,291 posts, read 20,232,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't know enough about Gayle or Hoda to know. Robin doesn't strike me as the plastic surgery type. And she's been a little busy battling cancer and having a bone marrow transplant to worry about such things.

The sad truth is that these women, and almost all women (and men) who want to have a TV career, HAVE to get some work done on their faces, whether it be just Botox or a mini-lift.

The smart women and men get the most expensive procedures by the most expensive plastic surgeons to leave them looking like they've never had anything done so people comment on how gracefully they're aging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty