U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM

10,784 posts, read 8,658,481 times

Advertisements

Strange that an industry so focused on youthful appearance is filled with so many chain smokers, alcoholics, and drug addicts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 04:58 PM

13,062 posts, read 7,894,089 times
Correction: Eileen Kramer is not 104 years old. She just turned 105.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/eilee...o-105-c-547124

My heart...

Old 11-26-2019, 07:32 PM

10,342 posts, read 8,186,472 times
What about Romeo & Juliet's Olivia Hussey? Who is in her late 60s...

Source: IMDb.com

Old 11-26-2019, 08:59 PM

897 posts, read 271,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Correction: Eileen Kramer is not 104 years old. She just turned 105.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/eilee...o-105-c-547124

My heart...
She is lovely. I hadn't heard of her before.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:01 AM

996 posts, read 1,625,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I just saw the movie "Wild Rose" (which I enjoyed very much), and I was pleasantly surprised to see how good Julie Walters looked with silver hair.
I love Julie Walters.
Not that she's "old" but at 50 years old - Jennifer Lopez looks pretty amazing! I am a year younger than her and I am NOT looking like her!

Old Today, 08:52 AM

457 posts, read 613,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Honestly I kinda hate the obsession with youth.

I don't care if men think that women age 14-25 are the hottest because "fertility." I'm not a damn baby factory. As I've aged, I've only become more wise, more layered, more interesting, compassionate, polished my sense of humor, gained more perspectives on practically everything...I've become a better and better version of ME. The only appeal I can think of for younger me, was she was dumb enough to be easy for users and abusers to take advantage of. Maybe that was beautiful to them. It wasn't beautiful to me. I feel that some of those people would take my habit of guarding myself better, keeping myself safer, as some kind of cynicism or "baggage" because I won't simply trust them and let them walk all over me. They prefer the "beauty" of naivete and compliance.

The years have a way of burning away the bullcrap. Refining the soul. Show me THAT, ladies, because in my eyes that's where the real beauty is.

I love older people. I've become interested in this Australian woman, Eileen Kramer. A famous dancer and choreographer, and at 104 years old still dancing. She published a book last year. Watching videos of her makes my skin tingle and brings tears to my eyes. There is something so pure about her. So delicate and perfect.

I guess if people want to make changes to their faces and bodies, I support anyone's right to do that, but I just wish people would give themselves permission to love themselves at any age.
Great post, Sonic_Spork. Totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty