Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:54 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The sad truth is that these women, and almost all women (and men) who want to have a TV career, HAVE to get some work done on their faces, whether it be just Botox or a mini-lift.
No, they don’t have to any more than the women in movies that we’ve been discussing in this thread. Just because they’re on TV doesn’t mean they’re getting work done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 06:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The sad truth is that these women, and almost all women (and men) who want to have a TV career, HAVE to get some work done on their faces, whether it be just Botox or a mini-lift.

The smart women and men get the most expensive procedures by the most expensive plastic surgeons to leave them looking like they've never had anything done so people comment on how gracefully they're aging.
Just about everyone in television and films gets work done whether it's a little or a lot.

There are amazing plastic surgeons and bad ones and that can make a huge difference. For an amazing surgeon, Instagram search Dr.Subbio if you want to see the difference a fantastic plastic surgeon makes.

His before and afters are amazing. If you can tell you've had work done, you've got a bad doctor. All most all these women at the very minimum get their necks done.

Look at old photos of Candace Bergen before and after neck photos.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:52 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Honestly I kinda hate the obsession with youth.

I don't care if men think that women age 14-25 are the hottest because "fertility." I'm not a damn baby factory. As I've aged, I've only become more wise, more layered, more interesting, compassionate, polished my sense of humor, gained more perspectives on practically everything...I've become a better and better version of ME. The only appeal I can think of for younger me, was she was dumb enough to be easy for users and abusers to take advantage of. Maybe that was beautiful to them. It wasn't beautiful to me. I feel that some of those people would take my habit of guarding myself better, keeping myself safer, as some kind of cynicism or "baggage" because I won't simply trust them and let them walk all over me. They prefer the "beauty" of naivete and compliance.

The years have a way of burning away the bullcrap. Refining the soul. Show me THAT, ladies, because in my eyes that's where the real beauty is.

I love older people. I've become interested in this Australian woman, Eileen Kramer. A famous dancer and choreographer, and at 104 years old still dancing. She published a book last year. Watching videos of her makes my skin tingle and brings tears to my eyes. There is something so pure about her. So delicate and perfect.

I guess if people want to make changes to their faces and bodies, I support anyone's right to do that, but I just wish people would give themselves permission to love themselves at any age.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:00 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
No one will ever grace aging as well as sophia loren.
That lady has it in spades. Stunning. Just stunning.
She is still beautiful

Old 11-21-2019, 02:40 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We can say that, but would you really like to look at an aging, though witty and informed, old lady every morning on Today or Good Morning America?

I might not mind, after the initial shock, but I imagine most people would not.

I am happy that some older actresses are getting parts. Helen Mirren has a new movie out with Ian McKellan, which I definitely want to see!

I enjoy watching Judy Woodruff on PBS every evening. She is smart and she is old and I enjoy watching her, what she is wearing, her hair. Yes.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:37 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,530,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Linda Hamilton in the new Terminator movie, and Jane Seymour in The Kominsky Method, are two actresses I’ve noticed lately who have good mature faces, seemingly without plastic surgery. I hope this is a trend that continues in show biz land.

I do not think tight fake faces are as attractive as those which are aging gracefully.
Great topic! My family talks about this all the time. It's hard to watch a movie these days because we are always tripping on how weird or unnatural many actresses are looking these days. Someone needs to tell Hollywood that a natural take on aging is a better look than most going under the knife!

Old 11-22-2019, 09:04 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Linda Hamilton in the new Terminator movie, and Jane Seymour in The Kominsky Method, are two actresses I’ve noticed lately who have good mature faces, seemingly without plastic surgery. I hope this is a trend that continues in show biz land.

I do not think tight fake faces are as attractive as those which are aging gracefully.
All people I know said WTH happened to Linda .... which is so unfair. Just because she doesn't follow the plastic surgery trend doesn't give people the right to bash her. I live in CA, so that's maybe why ... we aren't allowed to age here.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:11 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
No one will ever grace aging as well as sophia loren.
That lady has it in spades. Stunning. Just stunning.
She had stuff done. Maybe not a full on facelift but she had not even one wrinkle on her forehead in her 60s. There were some fillers and nips and tucks. Just nothing drastic.

So have most of the other mentioned people - they just did not overdo it like almost everyone else.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:50 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Honestly I kinda hate the obsession with youth.

I don't care if men think that women age 14-25 are the hottest because "fertility." I'm not a damn baby factory. As I've aged, I've only become more wise, more layered, more interesting, compassionate, polished my sense of humor, gained more perspectives on practically everything...I've become a better and better version of ME. The only appeal I can think of for younger me, was she was dumb enough to be easy for users and abusers to take advantage of. Maybe that was beautiful to them. It wasn't beautiful to me. I feel that some of those people would take my habit of guarding myself better, keeping myself safer, as some kind of cynicism or "baggage" because I won't simply trust them and let them walk all over me. They prefer the "beauty" of naivete and compliance.

The years have a way of burning away the bullcrap. Refining the soul. Show me THAT, ladies, because in my eyes that's where the real beauty is.

I love older people. I've become interested in this Australian woman, Eileen Kramer. A famous dancer and choreographer, and at 104 years old still dancing. She published a book last year. Watching videos of her makes my skin tingle and brings tears to my eyes. There is something so pure about her. So delicate and perfect.

I guess if people want to make changes to their faces and bodies, I support anyone's right to do that, but I just wish people would give themselves permission to love themselves at any age.
I totally agree, and going in a different direction from most of the names here I have always admired Kathy Bates as a woman who seems quite comfortable within herself. I think she was, and still is, a very beautiful and talented woman.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:53 AM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I just saw the movie "Wild Rose" (which I enjoyed very much), and I was pleasantly surprised to see how good Julie Walters looked with silver hair. I think the British actresses have the right idea, and there are so many of them that prove that being older doesn't necessarily mean one has to have plastic surgery to continue looking attractive. (Helen Mirren and Judi Dench are also examples of this, I think.)

Btw, I do think it is unfair how older blacks generally keep their youthful looks much longer than whites do, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty