Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 04:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol...who are Little Lulu & Tubby? IMO they can make whatever they want to make.........I never get it anyways Lol.......so I doubt kids do either. They don't have to buy it IMO........I don't.............
The names alone are wack. Old, reeeally old, cartoon (mostly comic book) characters.
https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Li.../dp/B000VZRFA2

Old 12-17-2019, 04:38 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The names alone are wack. Old, reeeally old, cartoon (mostly comic book) characters.
https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Li.../dp/B000VZRFA2

Oh...Ok...ty. I didn't get Let's Sacrifice Toby at 1st either.......Lol.....

Old 12-20-2019, 04:59 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
The basis of these t-shirts was clearly something along the lines of this:

'Let's rile up the social reactionaries who never stop looking for confirmation of their certainty that the world is going to hell in a handbasket!'

It worked. That's why these t-shirts sell. The producers know it. The consumers know it.

I'm being quite serious. Humor is inextricably linked to discomfort. Usually, the link is subtle. In this case, it's so over the top that it seems incredible that anyone would be reeled-in to being offended by it - but let's be honest, nothing is ever too obvious for that. The 'joke' here is the faux pas of the sentiments being expressed (or, in modern parlance, their political incorrectness).

Old 12-21-2019, 04:42 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
The basis of these t-shirts was clearly something along the lines of this:

'Let's rile up the social reactionaries who never stop looking for confirmation of their certainty that the world is going to hell in a handbasket!'

It worked. That's why these t-shirts sell. The producers know it. The consumers know it.

I'm being quite serious. Humor is inextricably linked to discomfort. Usually, the link is subtle. In this case, it's so over the top that it seems incredible that anyone would be reeled-in to being offended by it - but let's be honest, nothing is ever too obvious for that. The 'joke' here is the faux pas of the sentiments being expressed (or, in modern parlance, their political incorrectness).
My son is too old for that nonsense. I remember it. He tried to offend everyone that he possibly could all of the time. Sigh.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:17 PM

202 posts, read 429,417 times
These are for adults but sold at a store whos demographic is 10-20. If you check steven rhodes instagram you can see hes posted a bunch of satanic art. It goes beyond the “humor” because propaganda and lies is often laced in humor along with a sliver of truth. This is called paychological manipulation. All this clowns “art” has demonic and satanic connotations depictinf evil and pentagrams etc. basically its trash. And spencers gifts is trash. And anyone who approves of this crap is trash.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:58 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
These are for adults but sold at a store whos demographic is 10-20. If you check steven rhodes instagram you can see hes posted a bunch of satanic art. It goes beyond the “humor” because propaganda and lies is often laced in humor along with a sliver of truth. This is called paychological manipulation. All this clowns “art” has demonic and satanic connotations depictinf evil and pentagrams etc. basically its trash. And spencers gifts is trash. And anyone who approves of this crap is trash.

it's not funny to me, nor do i actively 'approve'. But at the same time, it doesn't bother me one bit and as such I don't actively disapprove. It's not 'trash', it's simply something you don't like.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:19 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
Glad someone understands along w/ a couple others of you (& several who PM'd me in approval).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
it's not funny to me, nor do i actively 'approve'. But at the same time, it doesn't bother me one bit and as such I don't actively disapprove. It's not 'trash', it's simply something you don't like.
Well, this sure isn't anything good. It serves no purpose in any positive way to society.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:04 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Well, this sure isn't anything good. It serves no purpose in any positive way to society.

Lots of things don't serve any purpose tho..........shrugs.........we all have different likes & dislikes....& different humor IMO.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:40 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Back in the '70s I once saw I guy at the county fair with a T-shirt that read, "Mustache Rides, 5 cents"

Holy Jesus have mercy on us all.

Old 01-04-2020, 03:58 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
WTH, that seems quite grizzly............for little Kiddies?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty