U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 PM

37,232 posts, read 43,559,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
That's why society is in deterioration mode. And everyone wonders why kids are violent, bullying, etc. in schools.
Pretty sure adult novelty tees aren't actually the culprit, here.

It's pretty well-established and obvious that it's all due to rock n' roll music and smoking the devil's lettuce.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:57 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,521,291 times
Rather than the shirts causing the deterioration (although I believe it to be a cumulative effect of many things), rather, I think it's more of a symptom of said deterioration.

And for the record, I've seen people out and about with these types of shirts (and the F bombs on them) on occasion in the stores, malls, festivals and I'm not amused. If a member of my family tried to wear one of these in public, I'd knock them upside the head and more.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 AM

1,857 posts, read 477,089 times
I remember in high school when Van Halen was touring in support of their 1984 album. The next day, several students showed up sporting Van Halen Kicks Ass! t-shirts. The administration first reached for their smelling salts, then made all those students either cover up their shirts or turn them inside out.

And thus, our high school was saved! But from what, I don't know...

Anyway, it is clear that these shirts to which this thread pertains were created ironically for adults to wear.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:05 AM

762 posts, read 1,065,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Rather than the shirts causing the deterioration (although I believe it to be a cumulative effect of many things), rather, I think it's more of a symptom of said deterioration.

And for the record, I've seen people out and about with these types of shirts (and the F bombs on them) on occasion in the stores, malls, festivals and I'm not amused. If a member of my family tried to wear one of these in public, I'd knock them upside the head and more.
Maybe the deterioration is caused by people thinking it is okay to assault each other because of the clothing they wear.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:32 AM

11,856 posts, read 5,540,406 times
The most shocking t-shirt I wore in my 20's said in large letters:

I AM A VIRGIN and then in tiny letters underneath it said:

but this is a very old t-shirt.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:05 PM

2,497 posts, read 1,086,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Are these the kinds of t-shirts they're actually selling these days for kids to actually wear?! I'm specifically talking about the one that says, "Let's Sacrifice Toby" showing a child about to plunge a knife into another kid while a third child holds him down. There are other similar disturbing pictures and sayings on other shirts.

What has this world come to?!

(Tried to fix the sideways view.)
They wouldn’t be selling them if there wasn’t a demand for them. The disturbed ones are the people lining up to buy this garbage.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:04 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,521,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Maybe the deterioration is caused by people thinking it is okay to assault each other because of the clothing they wear.

Doubt it.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:44 AM

1,007 posts, read 230,316 times
Get over yourself; they're shirts for adults. I love them and might buy a few of them myself. Don't like them? Don't wear them. Problem solved.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:12 AM

5,916 posts, read 770,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
This is how I know I'm getting old....

In my 20s the said shirt wouldn't have bothered me. I would have just smirked and just blown it off.

Now in my 60s, the graphics on some of these t-shirts are cringe-worthy and alarming. It makes me wonder what messages we're presenting to our kids, and where we're going as a civilization.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 AM

11,613 posts, read 16,716,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
These kinds of artistic clothing aren't new. So asking "What has this world come to?!" doesn't really make sense to me.

People will sell anything that is in demand.

demand is CREATED, not appearing out of nowhere. Someone seeds and cherishes it, until it gets momentum to roll on its own.
Those shirts - what a shame - are another Overtone Window. Just, this time, they target more than vulnerable developing mind under complete tolerance from mindless adults.

NOTHING is "just fun" or "harmless toy" for developing child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty