Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 01:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

I notice large lips, never positively. Nobody likes very thin lips. I wasn't consciously noticing whether a Cupid's bow is present, but having read up for this subject, the lack of one ruins lips for me (picture an oval or straight line). I can think someone's lips are slightly unattractive but still like that person's face.

Last edited by goodheathen; 11-19-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 01:14 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This is totally shallow of me, but I am disturbed by people with very horsey teeth behind their lips.
The correct term is excessive gingival display. I think most people who have those are probably a little self conscious too.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
I think fuller lips on women look better. I know a lot of people don't like lip filler, but I've gotten mine done several times in the last year and a half and love the way they look. They don't look overdone at all and really go with my face shape. If you go to someone who knows what they're doing and don't overdo the filler, it can look really good.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:19 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I definitely notice and I care a lot. I prefer fuller lips on women and men. Symmetry matters.

And negative on fillers.
I notice if the proportions are not right, too thin or too thick.

Also for men, I think a big or even crooked nose makes a man look more masculine.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:49 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Very thin lips.
Unlike Mick Jagger, John Cleese always had thin lips.

https://browse.startpage.com/do/show...7683&t=default

Old 11-19-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
for men, I think a big or even crooked nose makes a man look more masculine.

I love a long, elegant nose on a man. Very aristocratic
https://www.expressandstar.com/resiz...P23H73RVVU.jpg

Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
The correct term is excessive gingival display.
That is 'gummy smile' where you see too much of the gums. A horsey smile is like Carol Burnett's teeth. Protruding. Interestingly, Carol has gotten lip filler as she's aged and her lips look as full as when she was young.
https://browse.startpage.com/do/show...9293&t=default

https://browse.startpage.com/do/show...8a77&t=default

In some cases a gummy smile is cheaply and easily corrected by Botox in the muscles below the nose which causes the lip to relax and lower. I'd be sure to find a doc who knows what to do because you want to be able to talk afterwards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREoKecY7_I

Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I had a "gummy smile" because people would insist you have to smile really big in your photographs so I did, but it didn't look good. I look better when I smile slightly.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I think fuller lips on women look better. I know a lot of people don't like lip filler, but I've gotten mine done several times in the last year and a half and love the way they look. They don't look overdone at all and really go with my face shape. If you go to someone who knows what they're doing and don't overdo the filler, it can look really good.

It’s just lip filler....but....IMO it is sad to hear other women don’t like parts of their bodies & need to change them. It starts with lips....& then? I know I’m not perfect....but I love myself & my body......& I wouldn’t surgically change with any procedure. I stay fit & dress fashionably to accentuate the best parts......& I apply makeup in different ways to enhance what I have. There are a couple of really good cosmetic lip products to use....like Too Faced....AND lots can be done with a lip liner too!!! Love yourself 1st IMO.....& you will love your lips too.....

Old 11-20-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
it is sad to hear other women don’t like parts of their bodies & need to change them. It starts with lips....& then? I know I’m not perfect....but I love myself & my body..... Love yourself 1st IMO.....& you will love your lips too.....
Using your line of reasoning, women who dye their hair a different color must hate themselves. Maybe they are brazen hussies like my granny believed.

Whatever others want to do to their bodies doesn't affect my body so I don't worry about it. This extends to food nazis who want to control what others put into their own bellies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty