U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 10:27 AM

2,243 posts, read 507,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
This is kind of like asking what type of nose or chin you prefer and seems almost discriminatory against people who don’t have full lips. You get what you’re born with.

Do you prefer people with a handicap or without ? Offended? Well as someone with smaller lips so am I.

IMO.....comparing thin lips or full lips to somebody with a handicap or getting offended.....is wayyyyy out there......

It’s not being discriminatory.......unless somebody says they won’t hire due to lip size.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 10:56 AM

11,190 posts, read 14,835,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Not just men, women too. Thinning lips happens to everyone as they get to middle age and older. Everyone. So by the time they've reached old age in some people the lips have shrunk down to such a thin line that is sunken in towards the mouth that the lips become invisible and the whole face is altered.

The lips get smaller while the nose and ears get bigger. LOL.
Hoping by the time that happens, 'sultry' won't be the look the oldster is going for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I don’t worry about wrinkles in the future either.....BUT I never heard of anyone worrying about lips...Lol...
Honestly that surprises me and makes me wonder if smoking/vaping aren't a concern among younger women, because they do create lip lines as you age.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Honestly that surprises me and makes me wonder if smoking/vaping aren't a concern among younger women, because they do create lip lines as you age.

I don’t know. I don’t smoke or vape....& don’t know anyone that does.......but I would guess if they are smoking & not thinking about the health or aging risks, they aren’t thinking about their lip lines either..........

Old 11-23-2019, 11:41 AM

4,297 posts, read 1,845,528 times
I'm more about taking stuff out rather than putting more in. But that's just me and my bod.

Tried lip filler but all that temporary stuff just seem pointless. What DID work really well is permanent makeup. 15 years later and my lips (such as they are) still have good color and shape (including lip liner) and my brows and eyeliner are still there too.

Plastic surgery can be wonderful and if done correctly, no one knows you did it. Life-changer for me.

Agree that Scarlett J. has the perfect lips. And face, and bod....I DO look at lips and everything else, but it's just part of the package. Hate it that lips thin out with age. Thin-lipped is not a good look, but oh well.

There's a documentary on Netflix about diagnosing rare diseases and the lady doctor is so thin-lipped it distracts me. I don't think she's all that old but it makes her look old.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Tried lip filler but all that temporary stuff just seem pointless. What DID work really well is permanent makeup. 15 years later and my lips (such as they are) still have good color and shape (including lip liner) and my brows and eyeliner are still there too.

Permanent lip liner can be a nice option for asymmetry & does restore “youthfulness” & the washed out appearance for some patients as they age ....but it’s not permanent...it fades over time....about 3 yrs. It’s used for different reasons than fillers IMO......

Old 11-23-2019, 12:29 PM

18,720 posts, read 24,113,525 times
Lips are one of the best parts of women

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

15,378 posts, read 13,816,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Hoping by the time that happens, 'sultry' won't be the look the oldster is going for.
You can get the same wrinkles drinking from bottles of water.

https://www.surgery.org/consumers/pl...-mouth-1051878

Quote:
Repetitive motions, such as constantly squinting at the sun or sucking on a cigarette, can also make you more likely to develop wrinkles. In a recent article, The Inquisitr identified another potential cause of facial lines: water bottles.

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

11,190 posts, read 14,835,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You can get the same wrinkles drinking from bottles of water.

https://www.surgery.org/consumers/pl...-mouth-1051878
Well then, that's it for me, only mason jars from here on out!

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

12,581 posts, read 3,226,845 times
Watching Maria Bartiromo today on Sunday Morning Futures I noticed her lips have shrunk a bit. She was always so overfilled and never needed it, in my opinion, that it affected her speech.

Old Today, 05:59 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,409,688 times
I don't really pay much attention to lips as long as they are natural. My own lips are probably my least attractive facial feature; my top lip disappears when I smile and is smaller than my bottom lip.

The only lips that are a turnoff to me are the ones that are filled with the injectibles and look like they were stung by a wasp or they look like a demented fish. Lisa Rinna in particular looks horrible with those awful inflated lips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty