U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:00 PM

45,709 posts, read 43,931,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
On another forum, I've been enjoying a thread where someone posted pictures of a room in her house and asked for suggestions to improve the room's look. So, this morning, I came across this picture of Karen Pence. Ignoring anything/everything political about her and hers (this is the Fashion and Beauty forum), I'm interested to hear what suggestions people would make regarding a Karen Pence makeover.

I'll start. I think she should trim her hair to between shoulder and chin-length and go lighter in color.
LOL she's apparently already had a makeover.

She looked the way you suggested back in 2016:

Old Today, 01:06 PM

10,674 posts, read 5,576,008 times
Quote:
Goodness...I'm surprised to get such a harsh response since (again) this is the Fashion and Beauty forum. The "good" is that I/someone else could get some ideas as to how to look one's best. This ain't a matter of national security.
I think you misunderstand. The Fashion and Beauty forum isn't for nitpicking an individual's appearance.

Old Today, 01:16 PM

979 posts, read 378,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I think the issue is that it is sure to bring judgment about a person's physical appearance. She did not ask for, or consent to such judgement. It isn't just because she is a political figure, the same thing would apply to an actor, the guitar player in a rock band, or a random person you saw at the grocery store. If you wanted to post photos of yourself for other people to judge and criticize there wouldn't be an issue.
Exactly. I have no love for her husband politically, and know nothing about her at all, other than that she's a human in the public eye. Who hasn't asked to have her appearance critiqued.

Old Today, 01:32 PM

7,467 posts, read 13,097,549 times
Quote:
Goodness...I'm surprised to get such a harsh response since (again) this is the Fashion and Beauty forum. The "good" is that I/someone else could get some ideas as to how to look one's best. This ain't a matter of national security.
Quote:
True, she certainly can.

Maybe I look a lot like Karen and wanted to use her current look as a jumping off point for myself.
But if those things are true (especially the 2nd), then as someone else suggested, just post a photo of YOURSELF and ask the forum members to critique YOU. You don't need to criticize someone else's looks in order to get feedback about yourself.

Old Today, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
But if those things are true (especially the 2nd), then as someone else suggested, just post a photo of YOURSELF and ask the forum members to critique YOU. You don't need to criticize someone else's looks in order to get feedback about yourself.
Technically that would be against forum rules.

Old Today, 01:54 PM

7,467 posts, read 13,097,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Technically that would be against forum rules.
Really? I didn't realize that. She could certainly post a photo in her own album and refer people to that.

In any case, I think she got the point.

Old Today, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Really? I didn't realize that. She could certainly post a photo in her own album and refer people to that.

In any case, I think she got the point.
It's not the posting of a photo that is the problem, it's asking for input on appearance ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...ease-read.html

Old Today, 03:33 PM

19 posts, read 4,985 times
Quote:
Actually, I rather like her outfit, including the skirt.

I'll go away now. I guess bringing up a fashion and beauty related question on this forum was a bad idea. Who knew?

Immer please post a flick of yourself so we can compare like some others i am appalled that you would post that,specially since this good Christian woman isn't here to defend herself. Moderator note: This is not permitted. Please read the Sticky thread.
got a suggestion for you why don't you post this to her in care of a White house web site and let us know if Mrs Pence agrees with you.. we already know some here do not .......

Last edited by PJSaturn; Today at 10:01 PM..

Old Today, 03:35 PM

3,615 posts, read 1,870,172 times
Quote:

I agree.

Old Today, 04:14 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,118,978 times
Quote:
I understand the goal was not to insult. It's a common thing for women to dish over celebrity women's fashion & hair & makeup.

If she cut her hair & lightened it, she'd look cookie cutter middle aged political wife. And that's not good. Biden's wife is naturally blonde; she keeps her hair sometimes below shoulder length. Many mature actresses keep their hair longer. It all depends on the face & hair.

That look in that picture is fine. That pic is the best I've seen her look. The dress is structured & slims her. I think the hair is fine. She has a full face, so longer hair probably helps it appear thinner.

She'll probably lighten her hair later. As more gray grows in, it gets easier to cover it, if the hair is lighter. I've read that lighter hair is more flattering to the aging face. (Note that I am over 60, so I'm not being critical at all of older women.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty