U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:24 PM

2,436 posts, read 516,665 times

Advertisements

She looks fine to me: a respectable, classy appearance. Does she really need to look like a fashion model?

Old Today, 06:18 PM

8,331 posts, read 3,603,266 times
Sounds like teenaged snickering behind someone else's back. Don't most adults lose interest and grow out of this behavior eventually? She is free to present herself to the unwashed masses however she likes.

Old Today, 07:29 PM

19,044 posts, read 23,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I agree.
I don't think the OP meant that in a derogatory or negative way. It did not come across that way to me anyway.

I believe people could offer their advice without being mean. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Honestly, I had no idea what Karen Pence looked like until this evening. She's attractive and her very dark hair is distinctive. Sometimes very dark hair, even when natural, is hard to pull off when a woman is over 35.

Usually, I feel the same way about monochromatic hair. Highlights and ballyage (sp) are softer choices for most women.

Old Today, 07:49 PM

2,141 posts, read 4,064,528 times
I think it's a fair post to make in this forum

First Lady fashion and gossip has been a popular topic since forever. Not sure why it would be any different for the Second lady.

Personally, I think Karen Pence has gotten an image and fashion upgrade over the past couple years. She looks younger and much more sleek and modern now. It's like she's already gotten a makeover. And she managed to pull that off and still look age and position appropriate. Job well done, I'd say.

In the first pic posted, I'd shorten the length of her hair up a tiny tiny bit. Maybe tweak her makeup slightly (a stronger lip) but that's about it. I like her outfit and that skirt. I think she looks great.

Old Today, 08:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 1,784,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Goodness...I'm surprised to get such a harsh response since (again) this is the Fashion and Beauty forum. The "good" is that I/someone else could get some ideas as to how to look one's best. This ain't a matter of national security.
If Karen Pence asked for ideas then I’d agree with you, or if she was in the business of being a fashion model but otherwise nah! Staying away from this.

Old Today, 09:58 PM

40,661 posts, read 15,522,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think you misunderstand. The Fashion and Beauty forum isn't for nitpicking an individual's appearance.
Exactly. See the F&B forum rules in the Sticky thread. This thread is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty