U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 05:28 AM

298 posts, read 165,002 times

Advertisements

I just got mine today, my 39th birthday.

I expect for most women it was their engagement ring, but when I got engaged 20 years ago I wanted my birthstone instead. Over the years my jewelry has mostly been amber or sterling silver; we haven't been in a place to afford gems. Then a few weeks ago the stone fell out of my engagement ring and I wasn't able to find it, so I was pleased to see the wrapped ring-sized box this evening. :-)

The ring is in the shape of a dragonfly, with tiny white and black diamonds set in the wings. I doubt they come up to half a carat combined, but they sure are sparkly! I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding diamonds and synthetic ones are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing these days, but it still feels like a rite of passage. Happy birthday to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 10:52 AM

2,294 posts, read 522,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaAma View Post
I just got mine today, my 39th birthday.

I expect for most women it was their engagement ring, but when I got engaged 20 years ago I wanted my birthstone instead. Over the years my jewelry has mostly been amber or sterling silver; we haven't been in a place to afford gems. Then a few weeks ago the stone fell out of my engagement ring and I wasn't able to find it, so I was pleased to see the wrapped ring-sized box this evening. :-)

The ring is in the shape of a dragonfly, with tiny white and black diamonds set in the wings. I doubt they come up to half a carat combined, but they sure are sparkly! I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding diamonds and synthetic ones are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing these days, but it still feels like a rite of passage. Happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday AlaskaAma!

My first diamonds were small mixed around a ruby....my birth stone....in a ring that I got from my parents when I graduated from college ......

It wasn’t that expensive....but I still love it.....

Old 11-30-2019, 12:32 PM

14,059 posts, read 25,815,522 times
My father gave me diamond earrings for my 16th birthday. I still have them.

Happy Birthday AlaskaAma!

Old 11-30-2019, 08:25 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,381,428 times
I was married with a gold band. Ten and a half years later, at the birth of my son, my husband gave me a two and a half carat pear shaped diamond ring. My first diamond. That was almost 37 years ago. It will go to my granddaughter next.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 PM

3,917 posts, read 7,010,355 times
Congratulations, AlaskaAma! My first diamond was in an engagement ring from a man I don't marry. Too young....now I have a three quarter carat marquise set in a halo setting. Very sparkly.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:15 PM

37,174 posts, read 43,166,008 times
A tiny diamond pendant from my parents for my 18th birthday.

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

1,729 posts, read 3,242,323 times
I was given a pearl necklace with a diamond clasp when I turned 13 (because every young lady needed a good string of pearls).

I was then given diamond earrings on my 16th birthday. They are so beautiful as are my pearls.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

2,408 posts, read 1,173,540 times
A cute flower ring I bought myself. I was 23 and it was the first piece I bought after I started selling jewelry.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

3,453 posts, read 2,808,063 times
Happy Birthday, AlaskaAma!

My first diamonds were a pair of small diamond stud earrings from my Dad when I was a teenager. Don’t remember exactly how old.

Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM

2,013 posts, read 936,018 times
My first diamond was a baseball diamond...

The first diamond I bought was for my now wife's engagement ring. I had too much money, and she ended up with a 2.75 ct emerald cut diamond, with emeralds on either side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty