Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2019, 09:44 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times

Advertisements

I really like the this sweater:
and overall like the colors and some of the patterns this online store offers.

Big problem though--the site gets horrible reviews calling it a scammer site, etc. and people complain about the quality of the clothes (although looking at the prices I wouldn't expect top quality).

Anyone know of a legitimate place to find similar styles/colors? I'm so tired of the boring colors in most stores. If I see another gray or black sweater.....

Although I don't necessarily prefer it, most of my shopping is done online so a website is fine. Local options are limited and I don't often have the time to drive an hour or more for better options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 10:40 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
There are some colorful cardigans on Etsy. Some of the prices are high, but not unreasonable for the hours of work that went into the garments.

It really is a shame that the website you posted about is a scam, since they've got pictures of such lovely things.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:11 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Here’s the thing, scammer sites usually steal images of real catalog clothing. So, google how to do an image search on a picture and you might be able to find it, although it may be a pattern. I’d do it for you, but it’s a pain on an iPhone.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:29 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Thanks for both of the suggestions. I'll spend some time on Etsy. I'm not sure why I didn't think of google images. Unfortunately there are a bunch of sites that are identical to the site linked above so I'm sure those are scam sites too.

Old 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times
Some of the styles reminded me of Coldwater Creek. There's also Sundance Catalog. They are both more expensive though.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
Some of the styles reminded me of Coldwater Creek. There's also Sundance Catalog. They are both more expensive though.
I thought of Coldwater Creek when I saw the pic of the sweater. CC is moderately priced, IMO. Quality is decent. But the sweater you desire might be year’s model of any one of a number of catalogs. It might be fun to search for it though.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:19 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Yep, I've seen some nice clothing I've liked on a few certain sites, but I wouldn't dare buy from them due to the scammy, negative reviews.

Maybe if you were going to actually try buying from the site, buy a prepaid card & use that to buy on there, maybe.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:02 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
The problem with the site is not that they do anything bad with your credit card info, it's that the clothes they send out are cheap fabric with low quality images of handmade clothing printed on them, like basically a t-shirt printed with the image of the sweater rather than an actual knitted sweater, at least according to many, many reviews.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I really like the this sweater:
and overall like the colors and some of the patterns this online store offers.

Big problem though--the site gets horrible reviews calling it a scammer site, etc. and people complain about the quality of the clothes (although looking at the prices I wouldn't expect top quality).

Anyone know of a legitimate place to find similar styles/colors? I'm so tired of the boring colors in most stores. If I see another gray or black sweater.....

Although I don't necessarily prefer it, most of my shopping is done online so a website is fine. Local options are limited and I don't often have the time to drive an hour or more for better options.
z Let me guess; is it one of those Chinese sites? They seem to lift photos from catalogs and online sites and magazine ads, and post them as their own product, then produce a horribly cheap knock-off. But we have someone on this forum who buys from LilyGirl, and likes the products. So, YMMV, but don't expect any refunds if you don't like what any of those companies send you. Since their prices are ridiculously low, just figure you can afford to risk throwing away $29 or you don't like the top, or whatever it is.

Old 12-17-2019, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
These Chinese rip off companies are especially cruel to creative types who create or repurpose garments or other items for sale. These unscrupulous people use the creator’s own photo as bait, and then send an orderer a cheaply printed copy of what was supposed to be a handmade garment. Remember that an artisan might have many hours tied up in the creation of a a garment. He or she will need to sell at a higher price because of this. But the Chinese company simply steals the online image and pretends to sell a duplicate cheaply.

So the creator/artisan and the customer are both ripped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty