Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:11 AM

6,850 posts, read 4,847,655 times

Advertisements

Did you see Earringtom's picture? His earrings look good on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 09:29 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I don't like it when men wear ONE earring & a stud type at that...much less 2 & hoops or big hoops.

But of course people out there do it.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:09 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I don't like it when men wear ONE earring & a stud type at that...much less 2 & hoops or big hoops.

But of course people out there do it.
lol

Old 04-23-2021, 01:39 AM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Not a look I'd want to see myself but you do you I guess

Old 04-26-2021, 12:48 AM

356 posts, read 284,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
No, no no.

This looks incredibly tacky on men, so unless you're a drag queen, don't do it..

this. and I have a question. do you have a job?

Old 05-04-2021, 07:03 AM

29 posts, read 50,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiusDus View Post
Dear Simon,

I respect people who dare to budge the trend and are sensitive to their environment. It takes courage, even though in this case it really shouldn't as we are talking about earrings only. I fully recognize the problem and it took me years to overcome this fear of the opinion of others as to how I look with earrings. I am fascinated with large hoop earrings, but I stick to rings of 1' or smaller. My wife doesn't like them larger so that's it for me. I like bigger ones but at the same time I don't feel confident wearing them in public, it makes me feel self-conscious too much.
I am not a fashion guy but for some reason I love hoop earrings. So now I wear them for a few years even though I am over 50 now. It is quite peculiar how sensitive men are to the opinion of others and are sort of trained to be scared of looking different, especially when the difference tends to effeminate. I think this training we received is not what younger people now receive so this prejudgemental attitude concerning our looks will slowly fade away, I guess.
Anyway, just wear your large hoop earrings and enjoy life and be free of the fear of what other people think of you when it comes to fashion.
Thank you for your response.
It is nice to read that there are more men who are a bit older and like to wear big hoop earrings. Younger men may want to wear these hoops too. But when you aren't married or don't have a girlfriend, that's a bit easier.
Fortunately, my wife has no problem with my earrings. Or thinks that I should not wear big hoop earrings. But I just don't dare. I'm so terrified of the response I would get. I also got respond when I first put on earrings. That were normal earrings, which my friends also had. But they thought it was weird that I also got earrings because they didn't expect me to wear earrings too.
So yeah, what kind of reaction would I get if I should wear big hoop earrings. I don't think it would be accepted at work. But although I would like it, it’s not necessarily wear my big hoop earrings at work. I‘m happy that the earrings I wear nowadays are accepted by everyone.
But how would my family and friends react if I wore earrings that are only worn by women?
On the other hand, I would be thrilled to put in big hoop earrings whenever I want. So I don’t have to hide my passion for these earrings to anyone anymore. But then… would they laugh at me, react indignantly or don't want to talk to me anymore and shut me out because they think I'm effeminate?
I do not know. And I don't want to know either. Or is it. That makes it all so difficult.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:16 AM

29 posts, read 50,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm with you 100% right here.

You just gotta have the confidence to do it, whatever it is.

The only time I actually seem to have an opinion about stuff like this is when somebody specifically asks about it on a forum and then I'm forced to think about it...

(Otherwise, I really don't care.)

Do you really think I should wear big hoop earrings? Hoops only woman normally wear? Where and whenever I want? Even after I have shared my doubts with you and everyone else? Just because I have to live life instead of questioning it.

And what do you think my life would be like if I wear these big hoop earrings?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:18 AM

18 posts, read 27,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Did you see Earringtom's picture? His earrings look good on him.
Hi E-Twist, thans for the compliment, but the picture didn't show me, but - as I wrote - a guy that did inspire me to wear such big hoop earrings too. Due to corona-lockdown piercingshops were closed much longer and then the right one wasn't imediately available, as earrings of this size are rather rare. But last weekend, they did arrive, and my new thick earrings were inserted into the tunnels for the first time: 5mm thick, with a inner diameter of 24mm.

After that I got a new fitting haircut - untill now my hair did for the most part cover my ears - as of course my earrings should be clearly visible. It was an exciting moment to have a look in the mirror after that, with the hair at the side of my head cut so short and the earrings now so clearly visible!

Hereby two pics, one straight from the front, one partially from the side. I hope you like them. The earrings are really eye-catching.... But I think, if as a man you decide to start to wear earrings, they should be really sturdy, masculine, not tiny. I insert the pic of the other guy next to it, for comparison. His rings as such are a bit thicker, but i think that due to the tunnels the endeffect in my case is nearly the same.

I want to wear big hoop earrings, as a man. What do you think? [MERGED]-img_8585-2-.jpg I want to wear big hoop earrings, as a man. What do you think? [MERGED]-img_8589-3-.jpg I want to wear big hoop earrings, as a man. What do you think? [MERGED]-jongen-met-twee-dikke-oorringen.jpg

Old 05-19-2021, 12:43 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
It should probably be noted that gauges and "women's big hoop earrings" are two totally different things here...

Old 05-20-2021, 12:23 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post

And what do you think my life would be like if I wear these big hoop earrings?

What’s your life like now? If you’re happy, love your job, have friends & relationships...IMO you wouldn’t ask the question or put so much on wearing earrings or think that it could change your life good or bad.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Because it won’t change anything IMO...you’ll still be you.

Do you identify as transgender or have gender dysphoria, O.P.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty