U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 11:35 PM

12,975 posts, read 10,133,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Kilts are sexy on a man. Ask Sean Connery.
There's a guy who works at the local Walmart who wears kilts. Must be hard to match that blue vest.

Hey I almost forgot about a former male coworker who wore women's shoes. And I'm not talking sensible shoes either!

I had shoe envy.

OP just start around the house and see if you can stand them. Then out to the store - not Walmart or you'll end up on the web site. No need to wear them everywhere. I rarely wear hoops.
Can you grow facial hair?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 03:31 AM

23 posts, read 15,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yes. People will look at you. Maybe you don’t think it looks gay, but for sure it looks like “ I wanna be a girl”. It simply does. Maybe not to everyone, but I would say that it does to most. Like a man wearing high heels. Or a dress. Yeah I know there are people that love to rant “OMG get over your gender issues!”. (As far as I’m concerned, they have more of a problem than I do.) But like it or not, we are not androgenous...we are men and women. And we all have our perceptions or expectations or whatever...of men and of women. Of course they are individual and unique to a degree, but they are there. To not make a judgement about someone based on their behavior, appearance, voice, WHATEVER, is to not be human. It’s how we live and survive - that learning by experience thing. Read the book Blink, if you haven’t.

The price tag will be high, as the other poster stated. But that’s up to you.
I didn’t read the book of Bink, but I’m really a Darwin adept. I didn’t read his book too, On the origin of species, but what I know about it, really impresses me.

In that case, I think big hoop earrings don’t belong to men. Just like dresses and high heels. It are things that women normally wear, so men can see what’s standing in front of them. Just like women can recognize a man by short(er) hair, trousers and some muscles.

So if people say, get over your gender-issue, it conflicts with the ancient part of our brain. It get confused, don’t’ t know if has to deal with a man or women.

I know, it sound great, wear whatever you want. And I think everybody has to feel free to do so. But there is an other side. The things we’ve agreed in the past.

May be the church is part of this problem. Or solution, just how you see it. Because no government could do it, or wouldn’t, they put something about this on paper. And because no one wanted to go to hell, in times people believed it was possible, everybody followed their rules. And in this way, these rules got recorded in our brain.

So it really confuses me. I want to be free, and wear big hoop earrings, but I want to be part of the normal society al well.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 AM

10,567 posts, read 8,776,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Is the OP in the USA? This may make a difference in how big hoops on a man might be considered. Forgive me if this has been addressed.

I don't think it's been addressed, and there is an evident language barrier (English is not his first language) and cultural barrier that leads me to believe the OP does not live in North America or Europe.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:11 AM

3,530 posts, read 1,217,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
The idea that a type of earring on a man is gay-signaling is decades out of date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Nope, it's not............
Yes,

It is.

Seriously, what planet are you living on?

Old 12-06-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't think it's been addressed, and there is an evident language barrier (English is not his first language) and cultural barrier that leads me to believe the OP does not live in North America or Europe.
I'm sorry, but I do live in Europe, in the northern part. English is not my native language, but it's used well where I live.

Last edited by Simon Belmont; 12-06-2019 at 06:10 AM..

Old 12-06-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well you’ve answered your question, it seems to me. You do care, and the price you would pay is too much for you. If a lot of other, attractive men were wearing hoop earrings, it would be easier. As it is now, it is hard.

I’ve thought about your question. I am on record as believing people should wear what they want to, assuming their choices are within the boundaries of decency. But I really do have a problem with a guy wearing large hoop earrings. It is probably because it is something not seen. It is highly unusual. And hoop earrings are regarded as feminine. The fact that you posted about this asking a question makes me feel that you aren’t really ready to do this yourself.
You’re absolutely right. If a lot of other, attractive men were wearing large hoop earrings, they would be in my ears too. There' s no doubt about that.

But it’s hard to be the first one. I’m not in the position to set a trend, and start wearing large hoops. To show how cool I’m. In my opinion I’ll more look like a men with a gender-problem.

In fact, it was my girlfriend who pushed me into the piercing store. She said that I had dreamed enough about earrings and that I had to pierce my ears. So I could finally wear them. And because she made it a birthday present I couldn’t reject it.

If I even wanted to do. Wearing earrings was al that I wanted! But now it has evolved in wearing large hoop earrings.

Last edited by Simon Belmont; 12-06-2019 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Sounds better

Old 12-06-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
The way you talk about them, especially in your earlier posts they almost seem like a fetish to you. Otherwise you'd just dismiss it a probably something too weird for your mainstream life.

How about you just wear them at home, or at least outside of work? Women have different wardrobes for work, home, clubbing, etc. and they are appropriate for those environments. Why do you have to wear big hoops all the time? THAT'S the important question for you to think about...if you're so concerned.
May be big hoop earrings are a fetish to me. I don’ t know. I love it when a woman wears them (not a man). It really makes me hot.

That’s what I love so much about my girlfriend. She wears her big hoops very frequently, when we’re together. But not all the time, because they don’t fit in every situation.

I remember she was wearing her big hoops when I met her. And when we kissed for the first time. That made me so happy. I never had a girlfriend with big hoop earrings. Most of the women who were wearing big hoop earrings, acted like a *****. And didn't like me at all. Like her girlfriend. But she was different. She was really interested in me. That was something I had never experienced before, with a women.

It’s no problem for me not wearing big hoop earrings at work. I’m happy that it’s allowed to wear the hoops that I wear nowadays. They’re not small, for a man, like studs. But it would be great if I had no doubt about wearing big hoop earrings in private. Not only at home. Or at clubbing, because I think it would be nice to show my hoops in there. But not in the evening outside the club! Then I would be scared to be beaten up.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:34 AM

30,482 posts, read 36,880,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Kilts are sexy on a man. Ask Sean Connery.
A kilt is absolutely appropriate, and quite normal to see on a man. We have many men that wear kilts here. No one bats and I, and I actually think they’re kind of sexy.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Yes,

It is.

Seriously, what planet are you living on?
Big hoop earrings? Certainly is not worn by straight men around here. Maybe you are the one one the different planet.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
May be big hoop earrings are a fetish to me. I don’ t know. I love it when a woman wears them (not a man). It really makes me hot.

That’s what I love so much about my girlfriend. She wears her big hoops very frequently, when we’re together. But not all the time, because they don’t fit in every situation.

I remember she was wearing her big hoops when I met her. And when we kissed for the first time. That made me so happy. I never had a girlfriend with big hoop earrings. Most of the women who were wearing big hoop earrings, acted like a *****. And didn't like me at all. Like her girlfriend. But she was different. She was really interested in me. That was something I had never experienced before, with a women.

It’s no problem for me not wearing big hoop earrings at work. I’m happy that it’s allowed to wear the hoops that I wear nowadays. They’re not small, for a man, like studs. But it would be great if I had no doubt about wearing big hoop earrings in private. Not only at home. Or at clubbing, because I think it would be nice to show my hoops in there. But not in the evening outside the club! Then I would be scared to be beaten up.
Okay now you are starting to sound a little off-kilter. Definitely a fetish. And fetishes are not something to be displayed in the workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty