Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 12:29 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I saw a guy at the airport wearing a black denim kilt. When he wasn't looking I took a picture. Be ready for that sort of reaction. Do you work? How will this go over with your employer?
Kilts are sexy on a man. Ask Sean Connery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 12:41 PM

587 posts, read 423,610 times
Can the OP post a pic of what exactly the look of that hoop earring looks like?

Old 12-05-2019, 01:26 PM

92 posts, read 57,978 times
The bigger the hoops the better. Work on your "man" bun and throw on a sundress to really be comfortable and trendy. If I see you, I won't laugh in your face, just smirk to myself...free entertainment.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:42 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
I'm totally not familiar with the gay scene. I know some gay guys, from work, but they look like normal man. Most of them don't even wear earrings at all. So if people say that big hoops are for gay people, that's new to me.

What I know about the gay scene is that they want to express themselves more. With behavior, clothes and, yes I guess so too, earrings. But are it specifically big hoop earrings? Personally I think striking earrings. And that could be big hoop earrings.

And yeah, may be I'm more concerned about what what people think about big hoop earrings than what I should be. And just put them into my ears.
The way you talk about them, especially in your earlier posts they almost seem like a fetish to you. Otherwise you'd just dismiss it a probably something too weird for your mainstream life.

How about you just wear them at home, or at least outside of work? Women have different wardrobes for work, home, clubbing, etc. and they are appropriate for those environments. Why do you have to wear big hoops all the time? THAT'S the important question for you to think about...if you're so concerned.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:41 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Um...I don’t want my boyfriend to appear to be gay. That’s what.
The idea that a type of earring on a man is gay-signaling is decades out of date.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:09 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
The idea that a type of earring on a man is gay-signaling is decades out of date.
Nope, it's not............

Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 PM

390 posts, read 307,006 times
What a horrible night to have a curse

Old 12-05-2019, 07:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post

I work as a civil servant at the office of the local government. Most of the women wear earrings, some even big ones. So I think, in that way, it's no problem wearing big hoop earrings.

But at the office no men who wears earrings. Those men work outside, as gardener or something like that.

But I don't need to wear big hoop earrings at work. The hoops I wear nowadays are oké. Alltough it would be nice, wearing big hoops at work. So I'm considering about it. And may be, when I feel complaince with them, I will.
It's true there is no need for you to wear earrings at work. If you want to keep your job and advance in your career you should comply with the dress code policies of your employer. The opinions about your appearance of work colleagues and the formal policies of your place of work are much more important than the opinions of people in your social life. Ask your superiors at work what is the dress code for male civil servants in government offices where you live and comply with those policies.

Forget about what the women at work are wearing, what they wear has nothing to do with your situation because you are not a woman and you shouldn't even be comparing yourself with them.

If all the other men working at your place of employment are not wearing any earrings - regardless of if the men work indoors or outdoors - then that should be a big hint to you that it would be wise for you to not wear any earrings at work either. If you try to wear big hoops working at a government job the people at work are probably going to laugh & snicker and point fingers at you behind your back and you can forget about advancing at work. Save your hoop earrings to wear during your social life away from work.

In your social life wear whatever styles of earrings you want and wear any size of hoops that you want. Some people will like them on you and some people won't. Just keep in mind that the bigger hoops are going to attract more attention from thieves and bullies too and they will be a lot easier for those guys to grab them and rip them out of your ears and run away. So be aware of the people in your surroundings if you're out walking around in public and wearing big hoops.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:59 PM

7,072 posts, read 4,820,754 times
Is the OP in the USA? This may make a difference in how big hoops on a man might be considered. Forgive me if this has been addressed.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:35 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Kilts are sexy on a man. Ask Sean Connery.
There's a guy who works at the local Walmart who wears kilts. Must be hard to match that blue vest.

Hey I almost forgot about a former male coworker who wore women's shoes. And I'm not talking sensible shoes either!

I had shoe envy.

OP just start around the house and see if you can stand them. Then out to the store - not Walmart or you'll end up on the web site. No need to wear them everywhere. I rarely wear hoops.
Can you grow facial hair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty