U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 06:43 PM

44,193 posts, read 54,328,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Let me start of by saying that there are lots of good people I know who wear them. In fact, I think very highly of many of them. Sometime I even wish I was more like these people.

But fashion-wise, they just don't work. Not sure why. Especially since I like digital watches, even rectangular ones.

Can anyone else relate?
Lol.

I thought you were gonna not like them for the reason I don't.

They're still half-baked, functionalality-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 07:21 AM

3,008 posts, read 1,897,006 times
I have no desire for one. My daily watch is decidedly old school... an automatic Omega Planet Ocean, James Bond edition from the movie "Skyfall." It has a clear glass backing so you can see the movement inside, the craftsmanship is just top notch. Can submerge to 600M underwater, and it's tough.

I'm in my 40's, when I was growing up, a nice watch was a symbol that you'd made it. Now, it doesn't get any attention except from people who are in the know, but that's fine with me. I'm generally the type that likes the latest and best tech, but not for a watch or phone. All of my watches are automatic... which means that even a cheap battery powered quartz Casio is likely more accurate over time than my watches, but that's not the point for me. As a guy, I don't "accessorize" like women do with shoes, a purse, earrings, etc. My watch is it, and a smart watch just isn't stylish or classy at all to me.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:06 AM

2,279 posts, read 794,348 times
I don’t really care about style/fashion. My wife got me an Apple Watch 4 because she likes the emergency features on it. It’s pretty amazing tech. I have most notifications turned off so it’s not super intrusive. The main thing I like actually is that it taps my wrist prior to any navigation instruction being spoken by my iPhone when using Maps app in my car.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:43 AM

671 posts, read 139,636 times
I just don't understand the POINT of them. I'm in my mid 30s but I feel so old fashioned and out of date when it comes to technology....

Old 12-24-2019, 12:46 AM

671 posts, read 139,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
. The dream perpetuated by the likes of Inspector Gadget was irresistible when it came to fruition.
Wow... Who knew.....

Old 12-25-2019, 12:24 PM

1,091 posts, read 568,239 times
They are not everyone's thing. I actually kind of thought they were ugly, but I ended up loving my apple watch. I got the smallest one (not big on big watches) and change the bands around and I love it...but I didn't think I would. I hadn't worn a watch in forever, although I have a few.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:04 AM

14,301 posts, read 9,558,982 times
I believe eventually smartwatches will fade out. Because they're not that useful when your phone does it all and there are devices coming out that will replace them. Such as a smart ring. It will do basically everything the smartwatch does except tell time. It will alert you or measure heart rate and it's not as big as a watch.

There are people that have RFID tags surgically implanted in their body, think of it like Apple Pay in your hand or wrist. They can simply touch a RFID reader and pay for stuff or open doors without having a smartwatch or phone.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:55 AM

10,978 posts, read 5,801,006 times
There’s no way I’ll be able to read texts on a smart ring.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:14 AM

11,017 posts, read 12,993,324 times
I don't like the big brother aspect......nor the fact you can't get away from the constant barrage of texts/calls.

I have an Iphone which has been on mute for years, yes mute. I hate the sound of the keyboard clicks, I don't want a text message tone/beep/alert to ever wake me up. IF I am waiting for a call/text I'll carry it otherwise it is in the car or sitting on a counter at home. I'm not a hostage to the device, I'm not the president waiting for the red phone to ring so I can deal with a national crisis. I will answer it if I'm nearby but most people have come to realize that I won't so leave a message or text.

The I-watch would annoy me to no end.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:32 AM

2,408 posts, read 825,967 times
I love watches and always wear one even though I always have my iPhone with me. Who wants to pull out your phone and wake it each time you’d like to check the time.

That being the case, the last thing I would want would be a watch that has to be charged all of the time. Bad enough the smart phone needs charging. My watches are all Solar or Automatics so they NEVER NEED CHARGING or to have a battery replaced❗️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or