Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 01:06 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times

Advertisements

I've recently started using the top, and that's made a surprisingly big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 08:46 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
People still iron?
Yes. I iron shirts regularly.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:53 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
i've recently started using the top, and that's made a surprisingly big difference.
bwahahahaha.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:48 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
I didn't know people still iron........but I wear scrubs to work & people that I know that wear shirts or suits take them in to be dry cleaned. It's like $2 to take a shirt in......

Maybe this is bad to say......but.....I have never ironed anything in my life & wouldn't know how.....laughs.....

Old 01-08-2020, 04:24 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I was wondering, which side of the ironing board do you prefer to use - the tapered side or the square side?

I much prefer to iron my button-down shirts on the square side myself; it seems so much easier and faster. I hate those ironing boards that have an iron rest on the square side; I would never use one of those. The tapered side I think is for women's dresses.
I iron weekly but don't spend time pondering about such silly details. I stick to Bartneli (sp.). Great, stable boards. Have one for years now.
I also use sleeve ironing board.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:10 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I use the top of the board. It seems to work best. No annoying bumps or screws.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:32 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,392 times
I used the square side 95% of the time, but occasionally use the tapered side as needed for certain garments that won't fit over the square side. I also have a sleeve ironing board (google if unfamiliar) but don't use it often.

I iron just about everything (except socks and undergarments, obviously), since nothing truly comes out of the dryer wrinkle free. I air-dry most of our clothes anyway since things shrink in the dryer and it's hard on them, but they often end up stiff. I always used the steam setting on the iron which relaxes the fabric.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:32 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I air-dry most of our clothes anyway since things shrink in the dryer and it's hard on them, but they often end up stiff. I always used the steam setting on the iron which relaxes the fabric.

Almost none of my clothes are dried with heat for the same reason. But.. I did find the best way to get them dry in a timely fashion and not have to hang them and risk stiffness is to run them in the dryer on low heat for about 12 minutes and them turn the heat off to just air and let them finish out that way (just don't open the door). I DO have to tell Alexa to remind me to turn the dryer down tho.... don't trust my memory if I get side tracked. Works well without the stiffness.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I haven't had an iron or ironing board in 20 years. I did use it a few times prior to that to do iron-on transfers for on t-shirts for my kids, and occasionally iron some $$ so it would go into the BART machines before credit cards were accepted, but that's it.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:47 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Almost none of my clothes are dried with heat for the same reason. But.. I did find the best way to get them dry in a timely fashion and not have to hang them and risk stiffness is to run them in the dryer on low heat for about 12 minutes and them turn the heat off to just air and let them finish out that way (just don't open the door). I DO have to tell Alexa to remind me to turn the dryer down tho.... don't trust my memory if I get side tracked. Works well without the stiffness.
That's what I do. The low heat setting on my new dryer is really low heat. The last dryer was too hot. I hang some things while still damp and let others tumble on cool for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty