U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 8 29.63%
4-6 9 33.33%
7-9 6 22.22%
10+ 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 10:09 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,530,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
If I'm just running to the grocery store I just wear moisturizer, blush, mascara, fill in the eybrows & lipstick. At the gym, just eyebrows and a hint of mascara.

Now if I'm going "out", it's moisturizer, primer, foundation, blush, setting spray, eyeshadow, sometimes eyeliner, mascara, fill in eyebrows, lipstick. Since I'm letting my gray grow out, I feel it is even more important to wear make-up and be styled well. I find I am wearing earrings every time I go out which I didn't usually do.
I've wondered about the setting spray. Does it provide the same function as a translucent setting powder?

Some people love their gray strands/gray hair and others don't. I'm in the camp who doesn't like my gray strands to show. I've purchased and tried different brands of gray cover-ups. Finally found one I'm pretty happy with. Two were hair mascara (one was Ms. Clairol I think and the other an off brand - I can't remember who made it). Then I bought one that comes in a container just like lipstick (cheap brand from a beauty supply). I threw most of them away once I found a good one which was a keeper - a creme stick (by EverPro Beauty).

Last edited by Klassyhk; 01-01-2020 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 10:25 PM

Default I love Clinique, Bare Minerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I love threads like this. They’re always fun. I also like to see what everyone else is using and what works for them.

I use a lot of Loreal but at the time, I was going on a binge at the drugstore so it’s just a matter of using them up. With the exception of the pressed powder and eyebrow pencil, I wouldn’t buy any of the other Loreal products again. My absolute favs are the ones with Bare Minerals, Clinique and Maybelline.

I switch up between #3,4,5 or 6, a primer, mascara, lip balm and gloss for everyday wear. I’ll use the rest if I’m going out.

1. Primer - Loreal infallible glow, Loreal infallible matte, DHC primer
2. Concealer - Loreal
3. Foundation - Bare Minerals Powder
4. Tinted Moisturizer - Bare Minerals
5. Bronzer - Clinique Sun Kissed Face Gel, Bare Minerals Tan Face Powder
6. Pressed Powder - Loreal
7. Eyebrow - Loreal
8. Eyeliner- Maybelline, Loreal
9. Eyeshadows- Loreal
10. Mascara - Maybelline, Aveda, Clinique (I’m a Maybelline Great Big Lash devotee. Clinique - they messed up my order and I ended up getting 5 mascaras when I ordered one. They told me to keep them and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how it doesn’t clump. I’ll get Aveda Mosscara every now and then because I do love that mascara but at $20 a pop I stick with $5 Maybelline)
11. Blush - Loreal
12. Tinted Lip balm - Clinique. Again, ordered one and they shipped 5. I like it and would probably order again.
13. Lip Gloss - Bare Minerals
14. Makeup removers - Clinique
I love Bare Minerals but they're pricey. I've loved Clinique since I was in high school and they're pricey too. I can't go crazy buying their products like I've love to do but I allow myself to save up and buy it. Both brands are definitely worth the money though. L'Oreal is my go-to drugstore brand. I traveled to San Francisco last Christmas season and after getting to my hotel discovered I'd left my makeup bag AT HOME. NOOOOOoo!!!

I went to Walgreens, or was it CVS, in SF and after agonizing 30+ minutes over which brand of foundation to get, with the help of the cosmetic clerk, I decided on L'Oreal. It's not as good as my primary brand but it does very well in a pinch. Maybelline is hit or miss for me. I've not had any luck with their foundations or eyes hadow. I no longer will buy their nail polish because it chips too easily. Their mascara tends to not wear long on me (Revlon doesn't either for that matter). Nevertheless, Maybelline's Snapscara has been the best of their products that I've purchased.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:26 PM

Default Makes me smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
My 29 y/o daughter is a makeup whiz, and loves her products. I sent this thread to her as a link. Per her say so, I am voting 4-6 on her behalf.
Lol, I luv it!

Old 01-02-2020, 08:30 AM

8,310 posts, read 3,036,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Wow, you guys know every brand you are using??

Everyday:

Moisturizer - forgot brand, about $25
Make up, liquid - from Walgreens, about $10
Some powder - from Walgreeens, about $12
My fake eyelashes allow me to wake up pretty for 3-4 weeks and I don't use anything else on my eyes.

At night:
Vaseline: $1 at dollarstore

Kind of what I was thinking too. LOL

I said 7 to 9, but I was including my skin care products.

1. Face cleanser. (I don't remember the name, but it came from Sephora)
2. Eye makeup remover
3. Astringent/toner
4. moisturizer (Sephora)
5. Foundation (Revlon I think)
6. Blush
7. Eye liner pencil
8 mascara
9. lip color (I have a bunch of different lip colors, tints, etc.)

Lately, on the weekends, or when I'm off, I've been going without the eye makeup.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:41 AM

5,018 posts, read 6,882,562 times
My skin care is Cera Ve cleanser and moisturizer and tretinoin I get from my dermatologist. And some kind of makeup remover wipes in a green package from Target.
Makeup is Bare Minerals, Bobbi Brown and Glossier.
I keep it fairly simple.
I have lots of good “ lippies” but the thing I use most is a tinted chapstick in Bordeaux. I love that thing. I have tubes of it everywhere.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:26 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,203,444 times
I love makeup and have a good bit, but I only wear mascara to work. My go to mascara is Better Than Sex by Too Faced. Sometimes I throw on a lip for color, usually a Jeffree Starr liquid lip

Oh and Tatcha moisturizer

Old 01-02-2020, 03:43 PM

7,763 posts, read 14,665,455 times
I voted 7-9 brands, but its probably way more, most definitely if you're including skin treatments/prep.

I'm not loyal to any one brand, but I definitely have my favs.

And it's not uncommon for me to use two+ brands of one type of product each time I do my face, like loose powders (one for under eyes, one for the rest of my face), multiple coats of mascara, various eyeshadows, and I mix foundations to color match or sometimes with a highlighter or bronzer.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:24 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,207,104 times
this is everyday. On special occasions, I add eye shadow and mascara.

1. Face cleanser: Rose water
2. anti ageing serum: Clarins
3. Toner: Saje
4. Moisturiser: Saje
5. Press powder Foundation: Estee lauder
6. Eye liner/brow pencil: Revlon
7. lipstick: I have several brands, usually Smashbox as its long lasting
8. Lipbalm: Burts's Bees

I also wear a perfume (Chanel No 5) everyday.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:39 PM

2,581 posts, read 598,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
My go to mascara is Better Than Sex by Too Faced. Sometimes I throw on a lip for color, usually a Jeffree Starr liquid lip

Love Too Faced "Better than Sex" mascara but the Jeffree Starr line is average at best IMO.......& I would never use any of his products...BUT he can be fun to watch. He's more a controversial internet star than serious makeup business tho................

Old 01-03-2020, 01:18 PM

Maila,

Did I read your post correctly that you wear a pressed powder but no foundation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or