U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 8 29.63%
4-6 9 33.33%
7-9 6 22.22%
10+ 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 01:23 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,207,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Maila,

Did I read your post correctly that you wear a pressed powder but no foundation?
that is correct. the liquid foundation is making my skin so oily! i tried so many brands over the years. The only thing that seems to control it is using press powder.

any suggestions are welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 01:39 PM

2,554 posts, read 598,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
that is correct. the liquid foundation is making my skin so oily! i tried so many brands over the years. The only thing that seems to control it is using press powder.

Use non-comedogenic makeup products....make sure you are thoroughly cleaning your face after removing makeup every night...(foaming plant based cleansers IMO)..........& use *LOOSE POWDER*. Pressed powder can contain oils.......a setting spray works better IMO...........

Old 01-03-2020, 01:57 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,117,799 times
Quote:

Argan oil is great. I really like Josie Maran products and wear the tinted moisturizer and use the argan oil products a couple of times a day. There are also foundations, but only in 3 shades so they might not work for you. The oil products do well to moisturize so your body isn’t producing all that excess oil/sebum.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:44 PM

2,440 posts, read 1,203,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Love Too Faced "Better than Sex" mascara but the Jeffree Starr line is average at best IMO.......& I would never use any of his products...BUT he can be fun to watch. He's more a controversial internet star than serious makeup business tho................
Eh, don't really care if some people think he's serious or not. He's a self made millionaire with multiple business and investments, which I respect. His stuff works for me. What I have used has been good quality and fairly priced. The liquid lips have good color, stay in place all day and aren't super expensive (for me personally).

Old 01-04-2020, 07:18 AM

666 posts, read 137,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Hmm. You might count up your annual costs some time to see how much you are spending on makeup. Is it really worth the expense?

Is it good to be “addicted” to anything, you think?

What if you took half of the thousands you were spending on your face every year, and saved it? Just asking.
I agree that I don't like how they added the word addicted. I'm not addicted I just enjoy putting on makeup.in fact, in the new year I plan on wearing more and making a daily effort to look made up, even though I'm a stay at home mom...

Old 01-04-2020, 10:54 AM

11,822 posts, read 5,519,920 times
Question for those who use Bare Minerals foundation: I have very dry skin and despite using serums, moisturizers and a foundation primer my make-up will still cake on my face sometimes. I have tried using my fingers, a foundation brush and that new egg shaped sponge. Does Bare Minerals leave a cakey look on your face or is it okay for dry skin?

Old 01-04-2020, 11:24 AM

89 posts, read 16,430 times
I cannot use any moisturizers or serums on my face. I get faint and chest tightness and it's really scary. I am talking about high-end ones, Estee Lauder, Lancôme. I threw them all out. It's the chemicals in those products. Even some common lotions do this to me. I don't understand.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:43 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,117,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovorlando View Post
I cannot use any moisturizers or serums on my face. I get faint and chest tightness and it's really scary. I am talking about high-end ones, Estee Lauder, Lancôme. I threw them all out. It's the chemicals in those products. Even some common lotions do this to me. I don't understand.
Have you tried 100% pure oils? What would work best for you depends on your skin type. I think I have a friend who had this issue as well. I am not sure what they put in face creams. Have you tried the sensitive skin brands like Clinique or the cheaper drugstore ones for sensitive skin like CeraVe or Cetaphil? I personally like CeraVe.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:56 PM

89 posts, read 16,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Have you tried 100% pure oils? What would work best for you depends on your skin type. I think I have a friend who had this issue as well. I am not sure what they put in face creams. Have you tried the sensitive skin brands like Clinique or the cheaper drugstore ones for sensitive skin like CeraVe or Cetaphil? I personally like CeraVe.
Yes, CeraVe is the only lotion/cream that does not bother me! My daughter recommended it and used it on her daughter's diaper rash, when she was a baby so I figured if a baby can tolerate it I could. I love it! I also bought Aveeno and got the same bad reaction. Weird, because this is such a common lotion. So as far as wrinkle cream/serum goes, I will have wrinkles but still be alive! LOL.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:21 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,530,512 times
Quote:

I have oily skin (facially) also. Being that you have oily skin, I'm surprised that you use a moisturizer on your face. Were you using it along with the foundations that you were trying out?
There are a few foundations that state they're for oily skin, both on the high end and low end price scale. However, the shine will still break through on my skin within two hours of me applying my makeup regardless of which brand I use.

I've found that using a quality primer has helped a lot. My foundation no longer slides off my face or fades a few hours after I've put it on. It stays on and fresh looking throughout the day. I keep translucent powder on hand to deal with the inevitable oil and shine. As someone else pointed out, pressed powder is not the way to go for a person with oily skin. The reason being is that pressed powder has oil in it as the binding agent for the powder. A few years ago, when I used pressed powder, it would cake up on my face by a certain point in the day. The oil in it had met and mixed with the oils in my skin. You should try loose powder. Loose powder acts as an absorbent and doesn't cake up, from my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or