U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 8 29.63%
4-6 9 33.33%
7-9 6 22.22%
10+ 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 07:32 PM

10,934 posts, read 5,777,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Being that you have oily skin, I'm surprised that you use a moisturizer on your face.
People with oily skin should absolutely moisturize!! Excessive oil production is due to your skin trying to overcompensate for dehydration. I have oily skin, but because I moisturize faithfully morning and night and even sometimes resort to oils, my skin is finally in a more natural state. My makeup used to slide off my face by noon. Now it lasts all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 11:41 AM

920 posts, read 585,255 times
I'm almost 67, and wear makeup. I am a Lancome gal. I use their serum - foundation - pressed powder - blush - Moisturizer. I wear a Mauve color lipstick. I am very European in coloring. I burn easily so I am very careful about getting out into the sun for too long. Love Lancome products.

Old Today, 06:08 PM

19,232 posts, read 24,130,824 times
I am really blessed. I do not pay for much of my makeup. The only one I buy for full price is "Thrive". I really like so many of their products. They have my favorite mascara.

My sister is a higher up at Sephora NY. She sends me goodie bags several times a year and as needed. I like Too Faced, Kat Von Dee, Urban Decay and others. I think Sephora's own brand is pretty good also.

Last but not least, I met two of my best, live long friends in NYC, while on a leave of absence from college. Tish and Snooky's Manic Panic, located on St. Mark's Pl in the East Village, began as a store that sold vintage clothes, rock tee shirts, band regalia, and the bright and super unnatural brands for which they are world famous today. I was 19 when I began working as a sales person for them.

Today the store is long gone, but they have expanded into makeup. Most colors are "normal" - others relegated to special occasions. I wear their foundation, and liquid eye liner daily. Their lipsticks are in heavy rotation.

https://manicpanic.com/

Today, their store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or