Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 13 37.14%
4-6 12 34.29%
7-9 6 17.14%
10+ 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 12:31 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times

Advertisements

I use the following products on a daily basis and I love the way they look:

Moisturizer: Ponds
Foundation: Wet n' Wild Photo Focus
Contour Stick: Wet n' Wild
Blush: Nars 'Orgasm'
Eyebrow Pencil: Morphe
Eye shadow: Smashbox Minimalist Palette
Eyeliners: Covergirl pencil eyeliner for bottom lash line and and L'Oreal liquid eyeliner for top lash line
Mascara: Essence
Lipliner: Rimmel in 'Addiction'
Lipstick: Soap and Glory Lipstick "Cinnamon Beige"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 01:05 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,315,369 times
There is so much choice in modern times.
The link is one brand and the eyeshadow palettes.
Back in 1976 was one single e/s matte brown and in 1981 first e/s palette.
https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/us/...shadow-palette

Old 12-30-2019, 02:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Red lipstick and red nails are the one things I cannot go without.

I probably use eight different colors for highlighters alone. I couldn't begin to tell you how many different products I use.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Wow, you guys know every brand you are using??

Everyday:

Moisturizer - forgot brand, about $25
Make up, liquid - from Walgreens, about $10
Some powder - from Walgreeens, about $12
My fake eyelashes allow me to wake up pretty for 3-4 weeks and I don't use anything else on my eyes.

At night:
Vaseline: $1 at dollarstore
I've never been much of a makeup girl -- I'm not particularly skilled at applying anything beyond the basics, anyway -- and I became very minimalist years ago when I had my first baby at the age of 30. I just didn't have the time anymore. Now, I simply can't be bothered, but I've always taken good care of my skin.

* Serum, or a drop or two of good olive oil, whatever I have
* Cerave or Cetaphil moisturizer
* Eye cream, Neutrogena, Almay, or whatever I get on sale
* Tinted moisturizer, Estee Lauder
* Brow styler, Almay
* Some days -- blush, Almay
" Maybe - lip gloss, Almay

* Occasionally -- mascara, Almay
* Once or twice a year, -- eyeliner and/or eyeshadow, Almay

Old 12-30-2019, 02:42 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You think you're the first person to ask that question? Yes, for me, it's worth the expense. I know what I spend. I enjoy it. It makes me happy.

I do plenty of saving.

Everyone has something they spend money on that someone else will think is a frivolous expense.
At least you’ve thought about it. And of course, we get to decide how we spend our money.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:40 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
I have a lot of options from a lot of brands. Some days, everything might be different. Other days, not so much. I wear more if I’m going out a lot, less if I’m mostly running errands. I definitely have 10+ brands at my disposal

Old 12-30-2019, 04:11 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I've never been much of a makeup girl -- I'm not particularly skilled at applying anything beyond the basics, anyway -- and I became very minimalist years ago when I had my first baby at the age of 30. I just didn't have the time anymore. Now, I simply can't be bothered, but I've always taken good care of my skin.
I just noticed I look different with lots of make up but not particularly prettier - so for me, there is no point to it, I have no benefit other than playing around with it when I actually go out (barely anymore).

I rather look naturally okay than fake okay, so I gave up on lots of make up.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Working my way towards...

Quote:
I have to list mine out to come up with a number. I'm not including skincare (cleaners, etc), other than what I consider to be makeup prep steps.

1. Serum - The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc
2. Moisturizer - Clinique Dramatically Different Gel (currently)
3. Primer - Hourglass Mineral Veil
4. Foundation - Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation
5. Concealer - Elf Cosmetics 16 HR Camo Concealer
6. Powder - Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying
7. Contour/Blush/Highlight - Ulta 3-in-1 Palette
8. Brow pencil - Anastasia BH
9. Brow gel - Anastasia BH
10. Eyeshadow - Colourpop Going Coconuts and Super Shock
11. Liquid liner - NYX Epic Ink
12. Liner (pencil, lower lash line) - Honestly don't know what brand. LOL
13. Mascara - Essence Volume Stylist 18 Hr
14. Lipstick - varies, depending on what's in my purse. Usually L'Oreal or Milani

Now cue all the braggy posts from people who never wear makeup. If that works for you, great! I prefer how polished I look with makeup, and actually enjoy the process of putting it on. It actually helps me to feel more "awake" in the morning to be put together.

I'm working my way up to Anastasia brow pencils. I saw a brow tutorial on YT and loved it. I looked in the product list and noticed that it was Anastasia brow pencil and gel. Of course, I added to my personal wish list. When I checked on the price, it was more than what I wanted to pay so I bought a cheaper brow pencil instead (I try to live on a budget). It's still on my list though.

Color Pop is new to me. My first time seeing it was last week at Ulta. Most of their product was sold out but the prices were so inexpensive that I was tempted to buy for myself, what they had left, just to try it out. However, I resisted the temptation, I was there shopping for Christmas gifts for someone else, lol.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:28 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Same here

Quote:
Now cue all the braggy posts from people who never wear makeup. If that works for you, great! I prefer how polished I look with makeup, and actually enjoy the process of putting it on. It actually helps me to feel more "awake" in the morning to be put together.
I'll go further on what hertfordshire said, same here as far as enjoying make up.

I'm likely much older, by 20+ years, than most people on this thread. Needless to say, I've seen makeup trends come and go. For decades, I was a mascara and lipstick only woman and got tons of compliments from men and women. However, seeing the latest trend in makeup which I learned from 20-somethings, I noticed that EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE (20-somethings to 70-somethings) looks better wearing makeup. "Polished" is a good word for it, thanks hertfordshire. It makes the skin look natural not overdone. Overdone, super thick and heavy foundation was the previous makeup trend. Not any more. Regardless of how pretty you may be naturally, the current makeup trend gives you a "polished look".

My skin glows with make up and I receive many compliments regardless of where I am.

When my face is done, I feel ready for the world! I feel the same way you'd feel after a good workout in the gym or a good run (for those who are runners). In RL, I run, work out, and wear a makeup face (when not working out) to greet the world everyday. Having a made up face gives me the same type of natural boost that working out does.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:28 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times
I only use foundation or concealer (sometimes both), tinted lip gloss, anti aging serum, and sunscreen. I use more anti aging products than anything else on my skin. I've never liked eye makeup or blush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty