Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 13 37.14%
4-6 12 34.29%
7-9 6 17.14%
10+ 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 07:26 PM

16,361 posts, read 12,347,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I wear & try lots of different brands.....but I mean.....nobody wears the same makeup products for every day wear they would wear on a date or to work or to a class or outdoor activity. IMO it changes depending on the day....where I'm going......how much time I have...what I'm wearing.......
Most of mine stays the same, with the exception of eyeshadow and lipstick. That I'll switch up. But the rest is the same, though I may do a heavier wing or contour a bit more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 06:52 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,598,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I just noticed I look different with lots of make up but not particularly prettier - so for me, there is no point to it, I have no benefit other than playing around with it when I actually go out (barely anymore).

I rather look naturally okay than fake okay, so I gave up on lots of make up.
I wear makeup to work (I go in to the office twice a week) and if I go elsewhere I usually stick to a tinted moisturizer with SPF, mascara, and lip gloss. I don’t wear anything to the gym (why bother) or when I go out to the grocery, etc. I probably spend more on other products like moisturizers, toners, eye creams, etc. to keep my skin looking good without makeup.

When I go to work, I do switch up what I wear. I have several eyeliners and mascaras and some eyeshadow palettes. I have a kind of grayish blue eye that changes color depending on what I wear, so I like to highlight that with the eyeliner/shadow. I really can’t stand overdone makeup though and feel awkward with it. That said, I still end up looking awful at work (most people due) because the ventilation is awful. It dries out everyone’s skin and gives me a red nose and makes me look about 15 years older. Another woman complains that her eyes are bloodshot all the time. It is like being in a dehydration chamber.

Old 01-01-2020, 07:27 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,199,495 times
If I'm just running to the grocery store I just wear moisturizer, blush, mascara, fill in the eybrows & lipstick. At the gym, just eyebrows and a hint of mascara.

Now if I'm going "out", it's moisturizer, primer, foundation, blush, setting spray, eyeshadow, sometimes eyeliner, mascara, fill in eyebrows, lipstick. Since I'm letting my gray grow out, I feel it is even more important to wear make-up and be styled well. I find I am wearing earrings every time I go out which I didn't usually do.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:30 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,395,793 times
I love threads like this. They’re always fun. I also like to see what everyone else is using and what works for them.

I use a lot of Loreal but at the time, I was going on a binge at the drugstore so it’s just a matter of using them up. With the exception of the pressed powder and eyebrow pencil, I wouldn’t buy any of the other Loreal products again. My absolute favs are the ones with Bare Minerals, Clinique and Maybelline.

I switch up between #3,4,5 or 6, a primer, mascara, lip balm and gloss for everyday wear. I’ll use the rest if I’m going out.

1. Primer - Loreal infallible glow, Loreal infallible matte, DHC primer
2. Concealer - Loreal
3. Foundation - Bare Minerals Powder
4. Tinted Moisturizer - Bare Minerals
5. Bronzer - Clinique Sun Kissed Face Gel, Bare Minerals Tan Face Powder
6. Pressed Powder - Loreal
7. Eyebrow - Loreal
8. Eyeliner- Maybelline, Loreal
9. Eyeshadows- Loreal
10. Mascara - Maybelline, Aveda, Clinique (I’m a Maybelline Great Big Lash devotee. Clinique - they messed up my order and I ended up getting 5 mascaras when I ordered one. They told me to keep them and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how it doesn’t clump. I’ll get Aveda Mosscara every now and then because I do love that mascara but at $20 a pop I stick with $5 Maybelline)
11. Blush - Loreal
12. Tinted Lip balm - Clinique. Again, ordered one and they shipped 5. I like it and would probably order again.
13. Lip Gloss - Bare Minerals
14. Makeup removers - Clinique

Last edited by jaynaydee; 01-01-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-01-2020, 11:34 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,520,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Most of mine stays the same, with the exception of eyeshadow and lipstick. That I'll switch up. But the rest is the same, though I may do a heavier wing or contour a bit more.

What stays the same then? You do your makeup the same for work as you do for going out to a movie...for a drink...or the store? IMO I like to do up makeup more for going out...or how I'm wearing my hair.....or what I'm wearing. I like a "dramatic" look for some stuff....but a simple & fresh look at work.............so I don't apply as much for "everyday"...not even foundation, just skin care products........

Old 01-01-2020, 01:23 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,776 posts, read 4,129,032 times
My 29 y/o daughter is a makeup whiz, and loves her products. I sent this thread to her as a link. Per her say so, I am voting 4-6 on her behalf.

Old 01-01-2020, 02:42 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,102,526 times
Currently using mostly Lancôme products.

Serum - Lancôme Cenifique
Moisturizer- Lancôme Bienfait Multi Vital
Concealer- Clinique light
Foundation - Lancôme Renergie
Eye liner - Revlon colorstay
Mascara - Monsieur Big
Blush - Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow

This is normally what I wear for everyday, but would add a Lancôme lipstick and Urban Decay, Naked or Lancôme eyeshadows for a dressier look for evening

Last edited by Taz22; 01-01-2020 at 02:56 PM..

Old 01-01-2020, 03:17 PM

16,361 posts, read 12,347,744 times
Quote:
What stays the same then? You do your makeup the same for work as you do for going out to a movie...for a drink...or the store?
Yes. Well, if I'm just going to the store, I'll probably just do concealer, powder, blush, brows and mascara. Most of the time though, everything stays the same (my full list is upthread if you want to see what "everything" entails) except for eyeshadow (I like to play with different palettes) and lipstick (which might change based on what I'm wearing or even just my mood). For special events, I might go more dramatic than what I wear every day, but I can generally achieve that with the same products; just applying differently.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,560,886 times
Default That's not universal

Quote:
I wear & try lots of different brands.....but I mean.....nobody wears the same makeup products for every day wear they would wear on a date or to work or to a class or outdoor activity. IMO it changes depending on the day....where I'm going......how much time I have...what I'm wearing.......
Maybe you don't wear the same makeup products for everyday wear that you would on a date / work/ etc but I do. I know plenty of other makeup wearers who do the same. I buy quality products for the most part and that is what I wear on my skin when I makeup regardless of where I'm going. If I'm going to work, I apply primer, then my foundation, and so on. If I'm going to a special occasion event, I apply primer and then my foundation and so forth. The difference is I may apply it heavier (eye liner for example) depending on the occasion or I may use "special " colors (for smoky eye shadow, lips, shimmer bronzer, etc). Those would be colors that I don't wear "everyday" but I use the same products everyday when I go out to meet the world that I do when going to a special occasion event.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 01-01-2020 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-01-2020, 08:58 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,560,886 times
Default Somehow I missed your post earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I just noticed I look different with lots of make up but not particularly prettier - so for me, there is no point to it, I have no benefit other than playing around with it when I actually go out (barely anymore).

I rather look naturally okay than fake okay, so I gave up on lots of make up.

Oh-eve,

Makeup is artistry. It's impossible to not look better on some level unless you're not applying it correctly, using colors that do no compliment your complexion, or using inferior brands of products. Some people can wear the cheapest drug store brands and look fabulous. Others have to go the more expensive route to look as good.

If you're not prettier after applying makeup, it has to be the fault of the products you're using or your misapplication of the product(s). Over the past year, I've seen average and even unattractive women across the spectrum of race, ethnicity, and age ranges (20s through 70s) on YT turn from ham to glam. These women became GORGEOUS using techniques currently trending in makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty