U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many different brands of makeup product do you use daily?
1-3 5 27.78%
4-6 6 33.33%
7-9 3 16.67%
10+ 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 07:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,522,429 times

Advertisements

How many product addicts are here? I was making up my face this morning and it hit me that my regular makeup routine includes many different brands...and the list keeps growing.

Makeup addicts, how many different product brands do you wear for your everyday look (where you expect to see the outside world professionally/work, school, church, social club, on a date, happy hour, or other type of social event?

P.S - This is not asking about your special occasion look, just your everyday makeup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 07:55 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,522,429 times
Yes, I'm probably addicted to products. I own several different brands of products; some of which are for the same purpose.

1. Primer – Makeup Forever or sometimes I’ll switch up and use Bare Minerals primer
2. Foundation – Fenty Beauty or I’ll switch up and use L’Oréal Infallible
3. Highlighter – Fenty Beauty
4. Concealer – Sephora
5. Contour – Fenty Beauty
6. Brow pencil – Covergirl or I’ll switch up and use NYX or Elf.
7. Brow Powder – KISS or LA Colors
8. Eyeliner – Tarte or Kat Von D, both are liquid pencils. For regular pencil - Profusion
9. Mascara – Clinique or I’ll switch and use Maybelline Snapscara
10. Eyeshadow - DC
11. Translucent powder – Laura Mercier or I’ll switch up and use Kat Von D
12. Lip color – Kat Von D or I’ll switch up and use Kryolan.
13. Makeup remover – Clinique liquid makeup remover or Pure Gentle wipes or Equate Makeup remover

Old 12-29-2019, 09:33 PM

10,883 posts, read 5,736,184 times
I have to list mine out to come up with a number. I'm not including skincare (cleaners, etc), other than what I consider to be makeup prep steps.

1. Serum - The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc
2. Moisturizer - Clinique Dramatically Different Gel (currently)
3. Primer - Hourglass Mineral Veil
4. Foundation - Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation
5. Concealer - Elf Cosmetics 16 HR Camo Concealer
6. Powder - Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying
7. Contour/Blush/Highlight - Ulta 3-in-1 Palette
8. Brow pencil - Anastasia BH
9. Brow gel - Anastasia BH
10. Eyeshadow - Colourpop Going Coconuts and Super Shock
11. Liquid liner - NYX Epic Ink
12. Liner (pencil, lower lash line) - Honestly don't know what brand. LOL
13. Mascara - Essence Volume Stylist 18 Hr
14. Lipstick - varies, depending on what's in my purse. Usually L'Oreal or Milani

Now cue all the braggy posts from people who never wear makeup. If that works for you, great! I prefer how polished I look with makeup, and actually enjoy the process of putting it on. It actually helps me to feel more "awake" in the morning to be put together.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:16 PM

2,479 posts, read 574,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
How many product addicts are here? I was making up my face this morning and it hit me that my regular makeup routine includes many different brands...and the list keeps growing.

Makeup addicts, how many different product brands do you wear for your everyday look (where you expect to see the outside world professionally/work, school, church, social club, on a date, happy hour, or other type of social event?

P.S - This is not asking about your special occasion look, just your everyday makeup.

I wear less makeup at work......more if I'm going out for a drink or out with my fiance ofc. Does anybody wear the same makeup for all the stuff you listed tho? IMO....no........

What stays the same for me is skin care tho.....& mascara...lip color. I add more eye & face makeup....& maybe false lashes... for going out for a drink or social events & dates. Lip colors change too..........

Old 12-30-2019, 08:25 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,503,182 times
My list is long like the others. Don't have much time at the moment to list them all but sitting here counting them off the top of my head - once I crossed the 10+ mark, I quit counting.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:52 AM

27,281 posts, read 34,187,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post

I would think that the number of products used daily would be more interesting. Who cares about the brands? No one sticks to a single brand of cosmetic, anyway. There are far too many different ones out there. Who can keep track?? I couldn't even begin to name all the brands that are in my makeup drawer and I wear very little.

As far as daily, I wear a tinted moisturizer (either ELF (which is discontinued damnit) or CG Smoothers), an eyebrow pencil (several brands - NYX or ELF or I don't even know) and Nars blush. That's it.

Guess I am no makeup addict.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:05 AM

652 posts, read 281,258 times
Same products for everything - just vary the colors on lips and intensity on shadow as occasion calls for.
Skin Care: Tretinoin/(addtl Medication for excema patches)
Brands: Merle Norman, CoverGirl, Maybelline, Revlon
Products: Foundation, powder, eyeshadow (natural browns), small amt eyeliner, Mascara, nude/browns lipstick. Darken the shadow and change lipstick color for dress up. Wear same of everything for gym, work, going out or at home. I always fix up for at home. Like to look nice for the husband or if he's out, just like being groomed.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:27 AM

24,279 posts, read 15,689,701 times
Hmm. You might count up your annual costs some time to see how much you are spending on makeup. Is it really worth the expense?

Is it good to be “addicted” to anything, you think?

What if you took half of the thousands you were spending on your face every year, and saved it? Just asking.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:41 AM

10,883 posts, read 5,736,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Hmm. You might count up your annual costs some time to see how much you are spending on makeup. Is it really worth the expense?
You think you're the first person to ask that question? Yes, for me, it's worth the expense. I know what I spend. I enjoy it. It makes me happy.

I do plenty of saving.

Everyone has something they spend money on that someone else will think is a frivolous expense.

Last edited by hertfordshire; 12-30-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 12-30-2019, 01:24 PM

16,859 posts, read 13,615,487 times
Wow, you guys know every brand you are using??

Everyday:

Moisturizer - forgot brand, about $25
Make up, liquid - from Walgreens, about $10
Some powder - from Walgreeens, about $12
My fake eyelashes allow me to wake up pretty for 3-4 weeks and I don't use anything else on my eyes.

At night:
Vaseline: $1 at dollarstore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or