U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

2,481 posts, read 575,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yes, it may be very true that many women who have breast implants are insecure... but there's nothing wrong with that. If someone has the option to fix something that makes them self-conscious, why wouldn't they do that? Why do so many people frown upon this?

Ita....but some love nothing more than to judge what other people do......& it's because they also are insecure.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
As well it should, being based not on facts but on fear mongering.

Ita.........advice should come from medical professionals & documented research tho....& not fear mongering in a forum or stories from people that had an implant 20 or 30 years ago & think it's the same today.............

20% need to have an implant replaced within 10 yrs...from the AJN........& MRIs should be performed every couple of yrs to detect "silent ruptures".....but that still leaves 80% that are success stories with little or no complications....like my friend....she looks amazing...but she had a really good surgeon. Ofc it's still a risk......as any elective surgery.......but we don't hear about the success stories....but you can read about them.

All surgical procedures have evolved over 20 or 30 yrs.......& ways to detect & repair problems too now that so much more is known & has been researched on implants.

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM

2,969 posts, read 668,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on City-Data.

Clueless.

To the OP, just about all of my girlfriends, my sister, and my sister in law have implants and all are very happy with them. I'm from the south and it is very common in the circles I run in.

My younger friends however are starting to explant. I think that is becoming a health and wellness thing.
REALLY? Well, then please explain how getting implants wasn't an insecurity driven decision!

Why did you want them?

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

9,966 posts, read 8,859,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
REALLY? Well, then please explain how getting implants wasn't an insecurity driven decision!

Why did you want them?

Did you ever hear of a double mastectomy? Breast cancer?

Ever single woman I know that has them , and I know a lot, got their implants for themselves.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Ever single woman I know that has them , and I know a lot, got their implants for themselves.

Ita.......BUT...

It shouldn't matter why anybody wants to do it..........if that's what they want for themselves.....& they have done the research.......

People make a bigger deal IMO about breast implants than any other kind of elective surgery.......

Smoking & being overweight harms bodies & life expectancy.......& that doesn't stop lots of people.........shrugs.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

1,086 posts, read 562,235 times
I’m a natural DD/DDD so I will be doing the opposite. That said, everyone I know with them is happy with them. Realistic sizing a a great surgeon might be the key.

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

2,969 posts, read 668,017 times
Quote:

So you had breast cancer? Did all the women you mentioned also have breast cancer?

I'd be looking into some environmental factors in your area if it's that prevalent.

Old Today, 01:05 AM

9,845 posts, read 3,356,619 times
I've known a couple of women who needed to have their implants removed, because of painful complications. What was left of their natural breasts was badly distorted. I know they wished they'd never had it done.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

11,826 posts, read 22,102,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer and had reconstruction and my implants are 650cc which I believe are a little too large for my small frame. I do feel them as a weight on my chest and I also feel like I am always wearing a too tight bra. I am considering having them removed or at least made smaller. There is a plastic surgeon/microsurgeon in Sarasota whose practice is mostly removing breast implants. She is booked up until September of 2020. There has to be a good reason so many woman are having their implants removed. Before any of you consider putting a foreign object into your body I would look up Breast Implant Illness and Dr. Marguerite Barnett.

You have to realize that your body will most likely attack this foreign body; that's what our bodies were meant to do. Even though I may go from a C cup to a A or AA cup I am still considering it as I hate the way they feel. Granted it is probably different for those who have had a mastectomy because so much skin is removed so my implants feel ice cold to the touch although they look great and I rarely have to wear a bra.
You're not kidding. Many women have issues due to implants but they don't realize that it's due to them.

I saw the episode of Beverley Hills Housewives where Yolanda Hadid had her removed. One had exploded 10 years before, apparently all of the silicon wasn't removed. They were removing it from her sides and some had floated near her back.

I'm glad some here have no issues. I do believe that some people's bodies do not do well with foreign objects. I'm one of them. My body doesn't like my spine fusion

Old Today, 08:12 AM

11,749 posts, read 5,486,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yes, 650cc sounds very big to me.. I think that's why they make you feel uncomfortable. I probably won't go bigger than 400cc. Have you had any symptoms of breast implant illness? I've heard so many stories about it on YouTube and that was one of the main reasons I was holding back on having the surgery..
At the time of my mastectomy I was 168 pounds, now I'm 128 and have kept the weight off so the 650cc were okay at the time to balance me out. I don't think I have any of the Breast Implant Illness symptoms I just hate the way they feel. If I don't explant completely, I am considering having them replaced with smaller implants. By the way, when they are removed the doctor must remove the capsule also. That is the scar tissue that forms around the implant to protect itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty