Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 08:46 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,503,753 times

Advertisements

I have a friend....(that also has a beauty & lifestyle channel)......that had breast implants a couple of years ago. They look really good on her...she recorded the process of when she decided to do it.....all her research....even the name of her doctor in L.A......& her recovery. She has had a lot of success........& is very happy about it. She waited until she was almost 30 to do it....so it's not like she didn't *really think about it*...

I know we hear about some of the problems in the past......but we never hear about the success stories.......

Any success stories like hers? Or have most of you had bad results? IMO extensive research & doing it for yourself..not for our men...(like she did)....are super important. Just curious tho..........

Old 12-29-2019, 09:28 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,380,281 times
Well, I don't have a success story yet... but I do plan on getting breast augmentation in the next few months... I'm 31 and have wanted implants since I was a teenager, so it's time I finally suck it up and just do it. I'm well aware of all the risks and that you have to replace them several times in your life.. I've also heard several stories about breast implant illness.. but it's still worth it to me.

I know I'll never be confident in my own body until I have bigger breasts and I've accepted that. I know that many people are against the procedure and that you should love yourself the way you are and blah blah blah. I think as long as you do your research, select the right surgeon and get the right implants for your body type, there's a good chance that they will look good for years...

Old 12-29-2019, 11:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,509,264 times
There is no such thing as success story for implants. There is just an expiration on them when you will start to have health problems due to the implant leaking. So why would anyone put a foreign object into your body and then have shots to force the body to accept them. Then once they start to leak and they will, you will have nothing but grief and will want them out of your body ASAP. Health insurance does not pay for removal of them. It will all be out of pocket.

I hope you take this message and research because I sure wouldn't get any implants at the expense of health. You can die from them if you seek medical attention too late.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:51 AM

37,433 posts, read 45,636,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have a friend....(that also has a beauty & lifestyle channel)......that had breast implants a couple of years ago. They look really good on her...she recorded the process of when she decided to do it.....all her research....even the name of her doctor in L.A......& her recovery. She has had a lot of success........& is very happy about it. She waited until she was almost 30 to do it....so it's not like she didn't *really think about it*...

I know we hear about some of the problems in the past......but we never hear about the success stories.......

Any success stories like hers? Or have most of you had bad results? IMO extensive research & doing it for yourself..not for our men...(like she did)....are super important. Just curious tho..........
I had mine done 31 years ago. Great surgeon, great results, no issues ever. And certainly no "redo". (And no "shots..." as implied above - most people don't have a clue.) You will only hear from those that have had problems. As with any procedure, the surgeon is the critical factor. Lots of these get done in Mexico or in other countries because it is so cheap there - I think people are nuts to do that. You won't ever hear about the ones that were successful, because that is by far the great majority of the procedures. People don't go on and on about successes, only failures.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 AM

20,683 posts, read 19,807,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I had mine done 31 years ago. Great surgeon, great results, no issues ever. And certainly no "redo". (And no "shots..." as implied above - most people don't have a clue.) You will only hear from those that have had problems. As with any procedure, the surgeon is the critical factor. Lots of these get done in Mexico or in other countries because it is so cheap there - I think people are nuts to do that. You won't ever hear about the ones that were successful, because that is by far the great majority of the procedures. People don't go on and on about successes, only failures.
Same here, 20 years later and no issues. Best decision of my life. No one even suspects they are fake, even when I am nude (they are still small).

Old 12-31-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's amazing that you haven't had to have them replaced after that long! You've never had scar tissue or rippling? Do you they still feel comfortable on your chest?

Old 12-31-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Wow, that's amazing that you haven't had to have them replaced after that long! You've never had scar tissue or rippling? Do you they still feel comfortable on your chest?
No, there was no expectation of ever replacing them either. I don't know where that comes from. Zero problems. BF didn't even know they were implants until I told him LOL. They feel completely natural. I have 2 friends that also have implants - also from many years ago. NO replacements - no issues.

"Do they still feel comfortable on your chest?" What a weird question. I don't feel them at all. Never have. You must not be familiar with all of the things that people have implanted into their bodies. I had a hip replacement in 2014. That leg is now my strongest. I don't feel anything at all "different' about it. I can't even tell it's there.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:54 PM

22,186 posts, read 29,164,497 times
I've had my girls for 19 years this year. I went Saline. Best decision I ever made. They were $7k then

Old 12-31-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
No, there was no expectation of ever replacing them either. I don't know where that comes from. Zero problems. BF didn't even know they were implants until I told him LOL. They feel completely natural. I have 2 friends that also have implants - also from many years ago. NO replacements - no issues.

"Do they still feel comfortable on your chest?" What a weird question. I don't feel them at all. Never have. You must not be familiar with all of the things that people have implanted into their bodies. I had a hip replacement in 2014. That leg is now my strongest. I don't feel anything at all "different' about it. I can't even tell it's there.
Well, I've just heard some women complain that implants feel heavy on their chest and prevent them from sleeping in certain positions and doing certain exercises..

Old 12-31-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, I've just heard some women complain that implants feel heavy on their chest and prevent them from sleeping in certain positions and doing certain exercises..
Perhaps those women were examples of the silly ones that get ridiculously large implants. I have worked out for over 35 years and there are no exercises that I’ve ever not done because of implants. I sleep on my side my back my stomach…no matter, they all work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness