Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 12:19 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, I've just heard some women complain that implants feel heavy on their chest and prevent them from sleeping in certain positions and doing certain exercises..
yes, when you get the stripper size. Don't be an idiot, go with 250mg - 300mg who will look very natural and not prevent you from anything.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Wow, that's amazing that you haven't had to have them replaced after that long! You've never had scar tissue or rippling? Do you they still feel comfortable on your chest?
I just got a mammogram. The lady there said she has seen many implants 30-35 years old. So this is not uncommon that they last that long.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:23 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yes, when you get the stripper size. Don't be an idiot, go with 250mg - 300mg who will look very natural and not prevent you from anything.
LOL @ “stripper size”. Exactly!

Old 12-31-2019, 12:35 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Haha.. when I was younger, I really wanted huge ones.. But now I know that a C or D cup will suffice just fine.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:47 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
I had a patient ones that ended in back issues due to implants. Additional weight of them in unnatural place caused it.

Just for curiosity. Not a bad flick.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133643/

Old 12-31-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I had a patient ones that ended in back issues due to implants. Additional weight of them in unnatural place caused it.

Just for curiosity. Not a bad flick.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133643/
Very common for women with (un)natural big breasts to have back issues.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:23 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
I got mine 20 years ago. I had to get saline then as silicone was banned while they investigated the illness issue. Saline doesn't last forever, and one of mine deflated after 15 years, which is 5 more than they were warranted for or expected to last. It was much more subtle then I expected (the deflation) in fact my niece said she couldn't tell when we were on the beach before I had them redone. Any way I had both replaced with silicone several years ago, no problems. Mine are under my pec muscles so they look and feel like breast tissue.

I too had a fantastic surgeon (same one both times).

Old 12-31-2019, 02:49 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Do you worry about them bursting under pressure of a mammogram? Are there any warnings about that?

That's good they don't "feel foreign" to you girls. What I hate is the feeling of the side boob against my upper arms. They are so "in the way" all the time. But mine are natural and I'm guessing implants are more structured so stay "front and center" better than natural biggies. I really like the top "fullness" you just can't get with naturals (without a bustier!) and elimination of pressed-together cleavage. I like the "spacing" of implants better.

It is very true you only hear about the "failures", like all the anti-plastic-surgery nonsense I see on here.
I'm all for improving one's comfort and confidence level whether it's a breast implant or a reduction (me) or liposuction for rubbing thighs or fat rolls.

The "successes" are the ones no one knows have been done. I've had lots, but no one can tell, LOL.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:53 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
One other thing with respect to breast implants, with a lot of purchases there is something called hedonic adaptation/the hedonic treadmill, basically you adjust to the fact that you got something new, the novelty wears off and that purchase stops making you happy. Plastic surgery including breast implants are an exception. For women who want implants and get them, you keep feeling that you are happy you got them. You like how you fit better in clothes and you may just enjoy the heightened level of attention. If this is something you think you would benefit from there are few things in life that you can buy like this that lead to durable increases in happiness. So when you come across them, you really should do them.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0311091121.htm
The Loophole in the Hedonic Treadmill - Facts So Romantic - Nautilus
https://facebody.net/en/blog/43-plas...eadmill-theory

Old 12-31-2019, 02:56 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No, there was no expectation of ever replacing them either. I don't know where that comes from. Zero problems. BF didn't even know they were implants until I told him LOL. They feel completely natural. I have 2 friends that also have implants - also from many years ago. NO replacements - no issues.

"Do they still feel comfortable on your chest?" What a weird question. I don't feel them at all. Never have. You must not be familiar with all of the things that people have implanted into their bodies. I had a hip replacement in 2014. That leg is now my strongest. I don't feel anything at all "different' about it. I can't even tell it's there.
Well, nothing is a problem until it is. I "never felt" my replaced hip either until it popped out of joint. You'll feel it then! I am always aware of my artificial knees---they feel weird even after 9 years.

But boobs are not a moving joint...but they are "foreign objects" in the body, like the replaced joints.

I'm glad to hear all these success stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness