U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM

3,079 posts, read 2,482,894 times

Advertisements

That's the entire question. I don't know. I hear about fitness resolutions and some others that are popular, but nothing about fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

989 posts, read 816,772 times
I usually don’t. Many years ago, I resolved to look more pulled together. Not just with clothing, but hair and makeup also. As I was getting older, I wanted to start putting more effort into how I looked and presented myself.

Now, I just continue to put in the effort without making any resolutions. Although, it isn’t hard as I like to look good anyway.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

24,279 posts, read 15,689,701 times
I resolved to add things to my wardrobe that I need. Too often I let things slide. I’ve ordered the coat, which I need because I will be waiting outside my grand’s school for dismissal, once a week. I am probably looking at three months of cold rain, and it will likely be the same next year as well. I can suffer one afternoon a week, or I can act to keep myself warm. And the coat will be useful at other times as well.

My serviceable lightweight purse looks so beat up I don’t want to carry it any more. Beat up leather is more respectable looking than beat up nylon, unfortunately. I can’t find a good looking lightweight purse. I am using an old leather purse which is not convenient, or light. I need to resolve this.

So, I have resolved to resolve these two issues. I will do this some how.

Just writing this has made me see that these two things are priorities. So—good job posting this query OP!

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM

10,883 posts, read 5,736,184 times
The current big thing in the beauty community (makeup/skincare) is the No Buy or Low Buy Challenge. It’s basically coming up with your own set of rules to be more mindful of your spending on beauty products. For example someone on a No Buy may say that they can replace current products, but they can’t buy anything new all year. Someone on a Low Buy May limit themselves to one new product a month.

Go on YouTube and search No Buy or Low Buy and you’ll see a bunch of videos on the topic, and most of them will be centered around beauty and fashion.

Decluttering (basically going through your entire makeup collection and getting rid of anything you don’t use or don’t think you will use) is also a big thing.

Last edited by hertfordshire; Yesterday at 10:53 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM

2,479 posts, read 574,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's the entire question. I don't know. I hear about fitness resolutions and some others that are popular, but nothing about fashion.

I did my resolution about fashion early....by clearing out clutter to my wardrobe & disposing of stuff I had not worn for awhile when I moved. BUT probably most resolutions are about exercise & staying in shape & looking our best. When we look good in our clothes on the outside........we feel good on the inside IMO.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or