U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 12:14 PM

2,853 posts, read 2,506,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If you need to take Benadryl when you use lip plumpers.......you should stop using them.............

I think the writer of that post was saying that it felt exactly the same as when they experienced an allergic reaction and had to race for the Benedryl, not that the lip plumper caused an allergic reaction. They just don't care to experience the same feeling as that. At least, that's how I read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 12:34 PM

4,866 posts, read 2,097,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I think the writer of that post was saying that it felt exactly the same as when they experienced an allergic reaction and had to race for the Benedryl, not that the lip plumper caused an allergic reaction. They just don't care to experience the same feeling as that. At least, that's how I read it.
Yes, and many people (read the reviews of these products) report the same experiences after using the plumpers with the irritating ingredients. There are plumpers with more moisturizing (instead of irritating) ingredients that are meant to make your lips look better over time instead of just having an instant effect. The OP should ideally look for that type of product instead of the instant fix product that will probably make her lips look worse with regular use due to the irritation factor.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:44 PM

2,515 posts, read 582,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post

an allergic reaction is more painful......& visible.......you will see the redness & sometimes rash of a contact dermatitis..........

I have never experienced anything like it & most don't IMO & I use lip plumpers a lot...........at least with the better brands I've tried. BUT....if you feel like running for benadryl, it's kinda common sense not to use the product tho........

Old 01-03-2020, 12:53 PM

4,866 posts, read 2,097,360 times
Quote:
an allergic reaction is more painful......& visible.......you will see the redness & sometimes rash of a contact dermatitis..........

I have never experienced anything like it & most don't IMO & I use lip plumpers a lot...........at least with the better brands I've tried. BUT....if you feel like running for benadryl, it's kinda common sense not to use the product tho........
You haven’t experienced it so how can you comment? I don’t run for Benadryl with lip plumpers, but I am allergic to items and my lips will swell with them. Not everyone has the same sort of allergic experience. It usually takes me days of exposure to develop a rash on my lips. Usually the initial reaction is swelling and unpleasant tingling. Again, you can read MANY reviews stating this, so your opinion really doesn’t matter about this. Even on higher end brands including yours favorite.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You haven’t experienced it so how can you comment? I don’t run for Benadryl with lip plumpers, but I am allergic to items and my lips will swell with them. Not everyone has the same sort of allergic experience. It usually takes me days of exposure to develop a rash on my lips. Usually the initial reaction is swelling and unpleasant tingling. Again, you can read MANY reviews stating this, so your opinion really doesn’t matter about this. Even on higher end brands including yours favorite.

Contact dermatitis on the lips is not going to be that different from person to person except in severity.........you get it or you don't tho.....& nobody's opinions matter but our own & how it works on us.

I don't experience it with the products I use.......but if somebody else does, then I am not saying my opinion matters....I'm saying stop using the product.... Common sense for pete's sakes.......

Old 01-03-2020, 03:02 PM

14,881 posts, read 21,459,938 times
Honestly the only way to get fuller lips is to inject them. Nothing over the counter will have the same result

Old 01-03-2020, 03:34 PM

19,204 posts, read 24,105,228 times
Quote:
Too Faced lip injection extreme........I tried it several months ago & it's my favorite. I use clear....always under my favorite lip colors.......but you can use it alone.........

I love the difference........without injections........
I second Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme. It works.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Lip plumpers don't really do anything. Learn to live with your lips. (I have thin lips as well.)

That's what any makeup product is for tho......so we can enhance our features & look different ways temporarily........& be natural & fresh another day.........

We can still love our lips...(& ourselves)...& just want to be more pouty or more sexy on some days............

Old 01-03-2020, 06:25 PM

2,853 posts, read 2,506,983 times
Quote:
Contact dermatitis on the lips is not going to be that different from person to person except in severity.........you get it or you don't tho.....& nobody's opinions matter but our own & how it works on us.

I don't experience it with the products I use.......but if somebody else does, then I am not saying my opinion matters....I'm saying stop using the product.... Common sense for pete's sakes.......

You still don't get it. It's NOT contact dermatitis and she didn't say she had any particular problem from the lip plumper but it made her FEEL the same way she did when she was having allergic reactions to something else. That burning feeling (which is generally how a lot of plumpers work... cinn oil, etc), etc.

She is comparing it to that feeling she is not stating that she has an allergic reaction (or contact dermatitis for that matter) from any lip plumpler.
I know you showed up for another thread that your mom summoned you to because she said you're really into makeup but really.. you're treating others like they don't know what they're doing or experiencing because of your own anecdotal evidence and lack of complete reading comprehension.

Anyway... not my fight and I figure that RamenAddict is about through also as you are not comprehending the original statement.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:26 PM

992 posts, read 262,066 times
Thank you TashaPosh & sheena12 for your recommendations. I think I’ll try that product.

I didn’t know about the skin irritation issue...don’t want that. For whoever mentioned my teeth, they fine, thanks to years of orthodontia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty