U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:04 PM

2,515 posts, read 582,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
You still don't get it. It's NOT contact dermatitis and she didn't say she had any particular problem from the lip plumper but it made her FEEL the same way she did when she was having allergic reactions to something else. That burning feeling (which is generally how a lot of plumpers work... cinn oil, etc), etc.

A N D I said...it's common sense if it *feels* like an allergic reaction to her...or if it really is.....doesn't matter...she should stop using the product....

What is to disagree or get tho? Do you think she should continue using it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 09:27 PM

27,298 posts, read 34,214,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
A lot of them plump your lips by irritating them. I feel the exact same with a lip plumper as I do when I have had allergic reactions- in fact, if I take something, that tingly lip feeling is usually the first sign I have that I need to take a Benadryl ASAP. Needless to say, I am not rushing to use that everyday. There are lots of reviews online that say that regular use is not the best for your lips. If you want to use them occasionally, that is fine. If you use the ones without irritating ingredients, that is also fine.
Um...I don't use them. I tried a couple of the "lip plumpers" years ago, all they did was make my lips tingle - no plumping.

I did some research on them - they are just a waste of money.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:31 PM

11,961 posts, read 4,597,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Um...I don't use them. I tried a couple of the "lip plumpers" years ago, all they did was make my lips tingle - no plumping..
I would think the plumping would be just a temporary affect, wouldn't it?

A lot of that stuff is a waste of money.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:12 PM

19,204 posts, read 24,105,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Thank you TashaPosh & sheena12 for your recommendations. I think I’ll try that product.

I didn’t know about the skin irritation issue...don’t want that. For whoever mentioned my teeth, they fine, thanks to years of orthodontia!
I think you will like it! No. it is not permanent, but it lasts. No cosmetic surgeon required.

People who think you should just "live with thinning lips" or "get over it" really need to understand that people like us do not judge people who just let "nature take it's course". If YOU are OK with that - FINE.

Your question was concise and well written. Never did you ask "How can I be OK with losing lip volume?"
Actually, we'd need a shrink to understand why some people are not bothered by such things, and others are.

To each their own.

NO ONE LIKES UNSOLICITED ADVICE. No one.

Do what makes YOU feel good during your allotted time on earth, and only listen to the advice of people who "Get" you.

If they do not, they have no business answering.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:48 AM

6,478 posts, read 5,279,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I second Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme. It works.
Where do they sell that?

Old 01-04-2020, 01:47 PM

27,298 posts, read 34,214,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would think the plumping would be just a temporary affect, wouldn't it?

Yes. Temporary. And yes a waste of money.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:49 PM

2,515 posts, read 582,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Wanting to look our best isn't a "waste of money" for some of us..........& if you look good on the outside, you will probably feel good...or at least better....on the inside IMO.

Makeup is not a waste of money if you like it.....edit: just like anything else we may spend money on. A *true* waste of money tho......is stuff like smoking..........when people pay a small fortune to harm their health. Nobody is going to harm their health by using lip pumping gloss & lipsticks........so what is a "waste of money" for you isn't for me.............

Last edited by TashaPosh; 01-04-2020 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM

12,969 posts, read 7,400,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Well, I’m not young anymore and never had very full lips...a family trait. But, as I get older my lips are even thinner. I don’t have an issue with wrinkles, just thin lips.

I don’t want to get injections, so I’m wondering if anyone has had positive, consistent results with OTC lip plumpers. Any brand suggestions? I don’t want to buy everything in the store, and I really am not into wearing lipstick or gloss, just need some fullness.
lips, eyes, waist and visibility to strangers all disappear with age. aging has so many positives, but retaining youthful physical attributes isn't one of them! It is folly to try, in my opinion.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:44 PM

992 posts, read 262,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
lips, eyes, waist and visibility to strangers all disappear with age. aging has so many positives, but retaining youthful physical attributes isn't one of them! It is folly to try, in my opinion.

Good grief, I posted here for information/personal experiences/recommendations for a specific consumer product. I really don’t care to read anyone’s personal philosophy on life/aging/aesthetics.

Thanks to all who responded appropriately.

Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

11,765 posts, read 5,496,018 times
There are make-up techniques to help the lips look less thin. You can probably find a tutorial on YouTube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty