U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

4,875 posts, read 2,103,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Most days I'm makeup free. I work from my house so would rather sleep a bit later than do the makeup routine. When I have video calls or go out, I will put some makeup on.
Same. I wear makeup the two days a week I go into the office, but the days I stay home, I don’t put any makeup on. Normally if I go out, I just go to the gym, grocery store, or somewhere similar. For something slightly nicer, I will wear tinted moisturizer and mascara and possibly a lip gloss, but that is about it. I do keep up with moisturizers and whatnot, regardless of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

2,543 posts, read 587,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Most days I'm makeup free. I work from my house so would rather sleep a bit later than do the makeup routine. When I have video calls or go out, I will put some makeup on.

Makeup doesn't have to take a long time tho....so IMO that's not why ladies choose not to wear any. A N D products like a BB cream is skin care & makeup with minimum or combined steps. I feel very natural when I use it. e d i t: & we all need to do skin care anyways...

I like both looks tho....a fresh look for at home or work.......& more dramatic & luscious for going out........

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,005,414 times
I really only like wearing lip color - a dramatic one - but I’ve given it up until I can stop kissing my baby so much!

I’m fortunate to have dark, naturally curly eyelashes. Sometimes I put a bit of toner on my eyelids to lighten up my eyes. If I’ve bothered to do that, I might have put on some blush as well.

The indispensable part of my beauty routine is laser hair removal and eye brow waxing.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

13,924 posts, read 15,048,631 times
I was always a mascara and blush girl for decades with some added eye makeup here and there or on special occasions. I never thought I’d give it up. One day when I was around 60, and catching my face in mirror I thought go put your face on. When I got to mirror I realize I already had it on. Make up no longer makes me look better, the difference between with or without is so slight as not to be noticed. Very sad

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

15,596 posts, read 32,055,735 times
Well, when I was a teen, and all through my 20s, 30, 40s, and 50s always wore a full face of makeup no matter what I did or where I was going. Didn't feel right without it. Once I hit my 60s I backed off quite a bit. I always wear at least a little makeup, but its mostly brow, eyeliner, concealer and lipstick, sometimes a dust of mineral powder. Just don't have time or motivation to do a lot of makeup, and even at my age I still break out. However no matter what I ALWAYS do my brows even if nothing else. Yes, it makes that much difference!

Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM

979 posts, read 464,025 times
I used to wear makeup when I was in my late teens and early twenties, but now that I'm in my forties, I'm just not interested in getting all dolled up, just to go to the grocery store, or the library.

If it's a special occasion I'll add the eye shadow and eye liner, with some blush and lipstick, but my normal routine is no makeup, or a little blush and some tinted Burt's bees lipgloss. That's good enough for me.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

38,440 posts, read 47,321,783 times
If I’m going out, I wear a tinted moisturizer. No amount of makeup would make me beautiful again, but a bit of coverage to even out my skin is the least I can do. I wear lipstick, but that’s it. Ive just started using a DHC product, which is a moisturizer that gives my skin a nice glow. It’s too soon to tell if I can go without anything else yet.

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

712 posts, read 285,711 times
At 65 I wear more makeup, foundation especially, than younger days. Lotsa sunspots to cover up haha.
Never worn lipstick due to thin lips.
Leaving the house=soft eyeliner greenish-brown and concealer on noticeable spots.
Foundation added for dinner out, parties or when photos inevitable (Facebook).

Blondes (like me) need more makeup, especially eyelashes than brunettes whose eyelashes are already dark and visible.

What I really need is some wrinkle-filler around mouth. Ouch that will hurt physically and financially.

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM

11,396 posts, read 15,000,789 times
I guess I'm the target of your question.
I do not and never have routinely worn makeup. I will occasionally make an exception and put on a minimal amount of make up in situations where I know I will be judged and penalized for not adapting to societal expectations, such as going to a job interview or some school function that was important to my children in some way.

I have more than one reason for not wearing makeup.
Partly because I was blessed, or cursed, with a 'cute' girl next door kind of look, it doesn't take well to any kind of 'glamour' look, natural suits me better.
Second because when I started dating I discovered the men I dated preferred little or no makeup to a made up look. Apparently women generally judge other women more harshly for this than many men do.
Third, yes, it's expensive and time consuming to do it properly. I don't think it's a good ROI and I feel like I have better uses for both my time and money.
Most importantly I don't like the idea that anyone should have to alter themselves with cosmetics in order to be accepted and fit in. And it is definitely an expectation in our society. Over the years I've had plenty of women suggest to me that I NEED to wear lipstick, or nail polish, and to me that's pretty much like telling me I NEED to wear a dress, because you know, femininity and stuff.
Frankly I'd like to see the cosmetics industry not so successful in their marketing, and that people were more accepting of the faces we were born with, warts and all.

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

27,313 posts, read 34,220,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have seen lots of ladies in Fashion & Beauty & other threads that don't like makeup or think it's a waste of money....or because they are older....I've seen that too in this forum. So.....I want to take an informal survey & just ask if you don't wear makeup, what's the reason? Is it expense....or you just don't care.....or it's "too girly" for you.....or you did when you were younger but you don't think it's necessary or matters now?

As a lifestyle & beauty vlogger.....I get questions all the time about "simplifying" or fresh looks ....(& I love doing videos to answer those questions).......but hardly anything from girls & ladies of all ages that use *no makeup*.......ofc, they probably wouldn't be watching my channel tho......
I'm 63...oops 64 now! I wear makeup every day, usually. Once in a great while, on weekend day if I am working in the yard all day, I'll skip it.

I don't wear much though. I have not worn a true foundation in probably 25 years. I much prefer tinted moisturizers, as I really dislike the thick appearance of the foundations I have tried in the past. I use a brow pencil, and blush, and a quick brush of a highlighter or bronzer, and that's it. If it's a special day, I'l wear mascara, and maybe line my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or