Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 08:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

I have seen lots of ladies in Fashion & Beauty & other threads that don't like makeup or think it's a waste of money....or because they are older....I've seen that too in this forum. So.....I want to take an informal survey & just ask if you don't wear makeup, what's the reason? Is it expense....or you just don't care.....or it's "too girly" for you.....or you did when you were younger but you don't think it's necessary or matters now?

As a lifestyle & beauty vlogger.....I get questions all the time about "simplifying" or fresh looks ....(& I love doing videos to answer those questions).......but hardly anything from girls & ladies of all ages that use *no makeup*.......ofc, they probably wouldn't be watching my channel tho......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 08:23 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
I am 63 years old. I became disabled 10 years ago, and up until that time I always wore make-up. I didn't feel that I was fully dressed unless my face was made-up. The only times I didn't wear it was the few times I was unemployed, in the hospital, or on the weekends if I wasn't going anywhere. I even wore it when I went camping!

I don't get out that often so the only time I wear any now is for special occasions and to church. Even then, I basically put on blush, powder, maybe a little eye shadow and liner and lipstick. I am no longer able to put on mascara without poking my eye or making a big mess of it.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:52 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have seen lots of ladies in Fashion & Beauty & other threads that don't like makeup or think it's a waste of money....or because they are older....I've seen that too in this forum. So.....I want to take an informal survey & just ask if you don't wear makeup, what's the reason? Is it expense....or you just don't care.....or it's "too girly" for you.....or you did when you were younger but you don't think it's necessary or matters now?

As a lifestyle & beauty vlogger.....I get questions all the time about "simplifying" or fresh looks ....(& I love doing videos to answer those questions).......but hardly anything from girls & ladies of all ages that use *no makeup*.......ofc, they probably wouldn't be watching my channel tho......
You're a vlogger? What's your channel?

I'm actually the opposite of the people you directed this question to ... I used to wear very little makeup, and now I'm all about skincare and beauty.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:34 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I take reasonably good care of my face. I wear makeup less now because I am retired. I do wear it when I go out. But I wear less than I used to. I dropped eyeliner and shadow several years ago because they began to look cartoonish, or they smudged too much. I had to adjust my foundation as well. I now mix a strong sunscreen moisturizer with a CC cream to use as foundation. The moisturizer has zinc which tends to lighten the skin. I use a darker than natural CC cream to counteract that. I think using the two together works very well.

I use blush and mascara.

I have given up lipstick. I now use tinted lip balm. I could not get lipstick that performed properly after I reached my seventies. It either smeared or dried my lips.

I do not wish to spend more time than I currently do with applying makeup.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:40 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
I still wear foundation and powder and lipstick

Had to quit the mascara. They stopped selling Max Factor 1000 Calorie Mascara here in the states and I don't like anything else. And seems all you can find is water proof - no thanks. I don't want to be tearing at my eyelashes trying to take that stuff off.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:18 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
Mascara stopped use after poking my eyeball.
On and off during years when hayfever was worse could not wear eye items due to that.
On and off with my health issues lost and regained interest.
Found highlighters which gave back some of the skin glow. Had to adapt colors as coloring changes with severe illness. Amd mostly silver hair requires other colors.
I use lipstick or lipstick thinned with some lipbalm
Sometimes highlighter or blusher. And light touch eye shadows some days.
Never use foundation. Used twice in my college years long ago but dislike it.
Have some pencils but stopped use.
I have a pearl powder but that was discontinued so use only sometimes.
Yesterday on Specktra forum I post on thread low-buy 2019.
About waste of money, thing is for me I prefer buying crafts supplies. Like watercolors last many years and makeup has short shelf life.
For inspiration I like looking at makeup new collections and www.advanced.style

Old 01-06-2020, 11:23 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
I’m lazy when it comes to the makeup routine. I just don’t have the patience or motivation to wear it consistently. And I look great without it. I *may* decide to wear mascara or fill in my brows on occasion, but it’s just not a daily routine.

I wear lip balm daily. It’s also not a cost factor for me. I spend a small fortune on eco-luxe skin and body care products. I also own several items from Westman Atelier. I absolutely adore the quality of her makeup line and the way it looks. I just don’t wear it often.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:23 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
I've never worn face make-up in my life, but always wore mascara and eye shadow for work or going out. Never wore lipstick though.

Once I discovered permanent make-up, the eye-liner and brow color and lip color/liner was always there.

Now retired, the permanent stuff is all I wear. It's the beach....pretty casual.

Old 01-06-2020, 02:18 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
I haven’t worn a stitch of make up for about the last 2 months. The cows and goats and chickens aren’t concerned about my looks. (Although they may think that the scarecrow got loose and is wandering around the farm.) My hair needs a trim, my nails are a mess, and my brows could use a good plucking. On the bright side.. my complexion is good. Lol

Old 01-06-2020, 03:46 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Most days I'm makeup free. I work from my house so would rather sleep a bit later than do the makeup routine. When I have video calls or go out, I will put some makeup on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty