U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 11:12 AM

24,436 posts, read 15,767,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Not everyone has cool or warm undertones. I am neutral, which is annoying when buying BB creams and whatnot since everything is either too yellow or too pink. Some colors look bad on me and I avoid them, but there are not too many colors. I still buy them and can either wear them combined with something else that looks better or as an accent. For example, periwinkle looks awful on me. I am from Florida, so I love color.
I love wearing periwinkle! If you are neither warm or cool colored, shouldn’t you be able to wear all colors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 11:26 AM

4,914 posts, read 2,117,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I love wearing periwinkle! If you are neither warm or cool colored, shouldn’t you be able to wear all colors?
I am pale, so a lot of lighter colors tend to wash me out on both sides of the spectrum. I tend to stay away from pastels. I am wearing a lilac workout shirt now and it is bright enough to look ok.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:37 AM

I am pale. Not light ivory pale, but light peachy pale. I hear you about looking washed out. And it has gotten worse for me as I have gotten older. But I think I wear pastels quite well.

I am beginning to see a dark claret red in fashion now. Watch for it to get popular in the coming year. I can’t wear that color in clothing. But I bought a new leather bag in that old fashioned oxblood color. So, I am wearing that color, sort of.

Green is still available, as is “millennium pink.” I like seeing new colors popping out in fashion. Alas, aqua has had its day.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:40 AM

4,914 posts, read 2,117,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am pale. Not light ivory pale, but light peachy pale. I hear you about looking washed out. And it has gotten worse for me as I have gotten older. But I think I wear pastels quite well.

I am beginning to see a dark claret red in fashion now. Watch for it to get popular in the coming year. I can’t wear that color in clothing. But I bought a new leather bag in that old fashioned oxblood color. So, I am wearing that color, sort of.

Green is still available, as is “millennium pink.” I like seeing new colors popping out in fashion. Alas, aqua has had its day.
Aqua was great on me. Millennial pink is terrible. Claret red colors are awesome. If I am more tanned looking, I tend to look better in pastels, but since I moved from my FL beach town to the Midwest, I am now solidly pasty.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:45 AM

27,368 posts, read 34,261,706 times
I couldn't even begin to guess at what color my skin tone is and what goes with it. I wear what I think looks good. Period.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:07 PM

2,719 posts, read 2,055,175 times
As an easily suntanned brunette (now mostly gray) I found out, already as a kid, that yellow and green, as well as deep red look great on me. Powder blue is the big no-no, black is unflattering; my suits were always brown or navy blue. Even my jeans. I only wear dark blue denims - if they fade too much, I throw them out. I have always looked great as a result.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:32 PM

12,375 posts, read 20,971,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think about people who wear colors that don't match their natural skin tones? (Cool or Warm)

I think sometimes it can potentially make people look physically sick. Either they aren't aware of this, or else they just don't care. Maybe they are doing it to identify with a certain group. Or it's a color they like, even though it doesn't look good on them. That's possible.

By the way, I'm not talking about neutral colors which most people tend to wear anyway. I mean bold colors that can really clash sometimes.
ALSO, I think there are some people who seem to look good in any color. I don't know how they do it. Maybe it's how they accessorize things.

Maybe I am just too sensitive to these things. (Don't say it. I KNOW I probably am.)
But honestly I don't even consider myself that fashion conscious, which is the strange part.

What do you think?
I knew someone who loved the color orange. She looked ghastly in it, but she wore it anyway because she loved it, and couldn’t or wouldn’t see it made her look sallow.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 10,745,611 times
Are we talking about paint colors or people?

I don't know if I'm a "warm" "neutral" or "cool" tone. All I know is that my base complexion is olive/yellow and I wear any color that makes me feel like a million bucks. Honestly I wear just about every color there is.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:14 PM

11,317 posts, read 21,437,691 times
My hair has been falling out and I'm wearing a very light platinum blonde wig. I've noticed just about every color looks good with the wig, and somehow the wig being lighter than my skin tone evens everything out so I can wear every color without looking sickly or washed out. I haven't tried yellow or orange yet because I generally avoid those colors.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I couldn't even begin to guess at what color my skin tone is and what goes with it. I wear what I think looks good. Period.
This is not a hard thing to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or