Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 06:34 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
And I can't wear any shade of green (except teal) next to my face. Somehow my complexion just draws up that green, and then I look like I'm sick and ready to throw up. It's not a good color on me at all...next to my face. I don't even own any green clothes. LOL
I actually look good in a true jade or emerald green but realized last St. Patrick's Day that I didn't own anything green so I remedied that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 07:41 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Fine, but they could be sending a negative message out to the general public.

But yeah, let's not bother them with such unimportant matters, right?
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

What message, exactly, would I be sending out by wearing a color that someone else didn't think looked good on me? Other than I'm going to wear what I like and I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks?

Old 01-14-2020, 07:56 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Along with this topic, is there a color that you (everyone) feels the most confident in? For me, it's blue.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I actually look good in a true jade or emerald green but realized last St. Patrick's Day that I didn't own anything green so I remedied that.

I wish I could wear those shades of green. I LIKE green...but it doesn't like me. lol

I'm a big fan of Mardi-gras, so I have LOTS of green beads. I just throw on some green beads, and I'm good to go on St. Patrick's Day. LOL

Old 01-14-2020, 09:58 AM

922 posts, read 1,111,420 times
Khaki/oatmeal/beige looks terrible on just about everyone.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:04 AM

12 posts, read 4,851 times
I just wear what I like. No matter which colour it is.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahBagrich View Post
I just wear what I like. No matter which colour it is.

You probably intuitively pick out colors that flatter your complexion, without even realizing it.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:25 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
Khaki/oatmeal/beige looks terrible on just about everyone.
Well, no. I can wear this color quite well. It is not my fave, you understand. But for awhile in the late 1980s into the early nineties, it was practically the only color I could find that qualified as my Color Me Beautiful colors. Wearing so much of it pushed me out of that confining space, actually. But, honestly, I looked pretty good in the color.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well, no. I can wear this color quite well. It is not my fave, you understand. But for awhile in the late 1980s into the early nineties, it was practically the only color I could find that qualified as my Color Me Beautiful colors. Wearing so much of it pushed me out of that confining space, actually. But, honestly, I looked pretty good in the color.

In all fairness, it's a color that works for me, as well. I'm typically considered in the "cool" range, but the beige colors always worked just fine for me.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:55 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I had my colors done years ago in New York and was told I should wear jewel tones. When I do I always get compliments. But I also get a lot when I wear peach. I will never wear brown, yellow, mustard or lime green. I wear a lot of black in the cooler months.
Sounds like you and I have similar skin tones. I used to have this emerald green sweater that, when I wore it, people would actually stop me and tell me that I had beautiful eyes. It just made my eyes pop and flattered my skin tone (and I should probably find something else that color, just for the validation. )

I've been looking through some of the winter sales in the past few weeks, and I've really noticed how this season's color palettes are Not For Me. Aside from black and navy, which I can pull off, there haven't really been a lot of items I've seen that are in shades that I must own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty