Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2020, 12:31 PM

10,851 posts, read 7,260,437 times

Advertisements

I love Project Runway, enjoy seeing the design process. I used to work in the fashion industry, so I can relate to a lot of the issues the designers face. I like to imagine what I would design for each challenge, and how I would fix the problems the contestants create.

But I almost never agree with the judges. Sometimes they love the most awful stuff, and hate things that I like.

Do you tend to agree with the judges?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 01:11 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,351,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Project Runway/high fashion?

I tend to agree with them 95% of the time.

I really like the Moldovan girl and the older lady on this season's show. They seem to be better than the other designers.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:40 PM

50,126 posts, read 63,531,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I love Project Runway, enjoy seeing the design process. I used to work in the fashion industry, so I can relate to a lot of the issues the designers face. I like to imagine what I would design for each challenge, and how I would fix the problems the contestants create.

But I almost never agree with the judges. Sometimes they love the most awful stuff, and hate things that I like.

I tend to agree, but most often the designers who are in the middle include the one who is my favorite. I’ve liked everything Nancy has made.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

10,851 posts, read 7,260,437 times
Victoria from Moldova seems to have a limited range; all her pieces look too similar. It's good to show your aesthetic, but there should be more to it than shoulders, straps, and asymmetry. And she can't take any kind of criticism or advice--she ignores it or wants to quit. I thought her tuxedo outfit gave the model nasty belly bulges, but the judges loved it.

I like Nancy mostly because she's older--I can relate. I like some of her designs, but some are just so bulky that the person inside gets lost.

I like some of Sergio's designs, but his know-it-all attitude, and simplistic activism (the 1950s were a high point for America because one breadwinner could support a family?!?) turn me off.

Marquise makes some beautiful clothes. Loved his tuxedo jacket. I guess I don't always disagree with the judges.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:24 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,491,935 times
I agree with them about 45% of the time I haven't watched the current shows-- it's been a while since I've had access to whatever channel it's on. I used to watch it religiously and I definitely did not always agree. I think it speaks to the fact that I'm not a fashionista?

Old 02-11-2020, 01:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 6,230,708 times
It's 50/50 with me!

I do miss Tim Gunn & Heidi Klum, I think they should be back in PR!

Old 02-11-2020, 02:19 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,491,935 times
It's too late for me to edit, but I've been watching the Netflix show Next in Fashion and WOW, do I disagree with the designs they love the best a good chunk of the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty