U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM

15,409 posts, read 13,231,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This sounds like it could be rosacea. It's probably best to have a dermatologist check you out. People can do more damage to their skin using a bunch of products that don't work well together or with their skin type.
Roscea can be treated with laser treatment I had it done some years ago on one spot of roscea over four months but its almost gone now.and much more faint..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2020, 03:13 PM

10,114 posts, read 8,974,308 times
Whatever sunblock you are using, throw it out and buy Beauty Counter.

Studies are coming out that sunblock is doing as much damage as good. It is poisoning us.

Agree with Gypsy about diet. It is so important.

Lastly, what has saved me is facial oil. I'm obsessed with it and I have oily skin.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:26 PM
Status: "Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite." (set 19 hours ago)

48,797 posts, read 39,056,993 times
I may be repeating what others have said but here goes:

I am 58. I don't have serious wrinkles or sagging, but I did feel like I had three issues, two of which were skin related (the other was disappearing eyebrows but that's another story!). One was overall unevenness and a few tiny red veins - and I am very fair but I blush easily - there's a lot of color underneath my skin if that makes sense. The other was sun damage - a bit on my face but a lot more on my hands.

I have begun investing in restorative facials every few months and I think they help. But I also had microneedling done a few weeks ago - actually around November I believe - and WOW, I could tell a difference. If you go get it professionally done, I think it's better. Mine cost about $200 for one treatment or $500 for three - something like that. Anyway, supposedly the tiny needles cause tiny damage and a rush of collagen to your skin's surface. It was painless and afterward for about three days I looked like I had a slight sunburn. I could easily cover this with powder though - no biggie. I didn't see an immediate result of course but now, two months later, I can tell that my skin tone is more even.

I got my sun spots on my hands zapped with a laser and WOW that was super effective. My husband got it done on his face and it was also very effective. For red veins or spots (he had a few of those) it took two treatments.

A treatment for both my hands or his face cost between $75 and $100 dollars. The esthetician said that I might have to come back in a few years for a repeat but so far so good. Wow, total transformation.

I have a friend who had a very intensive chemical peel because she had some pretty bad acne scarring. They did the PCP thing with her - used her own plasma to help her heal (I think they just applied it topically). She was down and out for about three days - honestly she looked terrible for the first few days - but now about a month or so later, I can tell a very significant difference (for the better) with her skin.

Just some feedback.

Honestly, I would try a very intensive, healing facial first and see what they recommend.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:32 PM

My skin is still pretty good and quite firm.. but I have the eyebrow thing too Kathryn and not much there now..never had heavy eyebrows but at least they had shape..now I have to put a little pencil in at the corners...I use a cheap face cream as other creams make me unwell or my face burns..so its Doublebase for me.. but IM trying a little CBS serum just now on my brow only.to see if it affects me badly .. before I try it on my face.. Ill report back on that one...

Old 01-29-2020, 03:38 PM

1,501 posts, read 499,454 times
If there are any younger readers looking at this thread, I'll share one of the most important tips that I ever received as a teenager. One of my best friends mothers owned a vitamin store. I once asked her a simple question, "if you could recommend one vitamin to take for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Obviously she could have given several answers but her reply was...…Vitamin E.

So basically my entire adult life, I've never missed a day without taking a Vitamin E capsule and now at age 57, I've been told that I look ten years younger. I have very little wrinkling on my face and my skin looks very youthful. It works but the key is to start it early and never stop.

Since it's a fat soluble vitamin, you don't want to take too much and it's very important to follow the instructions on the bottle.

Thought I'd share

Old 01-29-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
My skin is still pretty good and quite firm.. but I have the eyebrow thing too Kathryn and not much there now..never had heavy eyebrows but at least they had shape..now I have to put a little pencil in at the corners...I use a cheap face cream as other creams make me unwell or my face burns..so its Doublebase for me.. but IM trying a little CBS serum just now on my brow only.to see if it affects me badly .. before I try it on my face.. Ill report back on that one...
Yes, please do!

I use a phyto-estrogen cream after I wash my face. It's not very expensive. I got it on Amazon. In fact, this reminded me to order it again! LOL OK just did it - it was $17. It lasts a LONG time.

I use a BB cream (also from Amazon - about $15, also last for freaking ever) instead of foundation - it's lighter and it also has a sunscreen. I got whatever one, made in Korea, for "mature" skin.

Nothing worked on my brows and they had gotten so thin that if I didn't use a pencil on them, they just didn't show up. But with a pencil, I was afraid to go thicker so I just went with the flow. Also, my eyebrows were always VERY far apart. No danger of unibrow here! When the aesthetician tattooed them yesterday, she filled in a bit to bring them closer to my nose - not close but just not so far apart. It's amazing what a tiny change in your brows can do!

Old 01-29-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes, please do!

I use a phyto-estrogen cream after I wash my face. It's not very expensive. I got it on Amazon. In fact, this reminded me to order it again! LOL OK just did it - it was $17. It lasts a LONG time.

I use a BB cream (also from Amazon - about $15, also last for freaking ever) instead of foundation - it's lighter and it also has a sunscreen. I got whatever one, made in Korea, for "mature" skin.

Nothing worked on my brows and they had gotten so thin that if I didn't use a pencil on them, they just didn't show up. But with a pencil, I was afraid to go thicker so I just went with the flow. Also, my eyebrows were always VERY far apart. No danger of unibrow here! When she redid them yesterday, she filled in a bit to bring them closer to my nose - not close but just not so far apart. It's amazing what a tiny change in your brows can do!
Oh I have to see this Kathryn.. I cant have too dark eyebrows either just doesnt suit me at all. I look hard and older..

Old 01-29-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
If there are any younger readers looking at this thread, I'll share one of the most important tips that I ever received as a teenager. One of my best friends mothers owned a vitamin store. I once asked her a simple question, "if you could recommend one vitamin to take for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Obviously she could have given several answers but her reply was...…Vitamin E.

So basically my entire adult life, I've never missed a day without taking a Vitamin E capsule and now at age 57, I've been told that I look ten years younger. I have very little wrinkling on my face and my skin looks very youthful. It works but the key is to start it early and never stop.

Since it's a fat soluble vitamin, you don't want to take too much and it's very important to follow the instructions on the bottle.

Thought I'd share
thank you Pete .yes what you put into your body affects skin .. so good idea.. I spoke to a woman today at a care home I visit . she works there and said she was 52 and seemed qute proud of the fact but her face was badly lined and saggy. Nowadays 52 isnt old at all.. so I felt quite lucky with my skin.. Cant always say I look good every day as dont, some days I look tired other days better.. but at 20 years older than this woman I felt ok today.

Old 01-29-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Oh I have to see this Kathryn.. I cant have too dark eyebrows either just doesnt suit me at all. I look hard and older..
Check out post #28 in this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fash...blading-3.html

Pictures!

Old Today, 09:22 AM

3 posts
Same age and I use Retin-A. I'd like to say I use it nightly however it makes my skin super itchy so I go for every other or every third night. Seems to do a nice job. I've be using it for almost a year now. Also as a former sun worshiper, I now make sure I use sunscreen on my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or