U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 08:23 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,224,883 times

Advertisements

I am into late 30's now and I just started using Clarins double serum an year or so ago. I am not sure if I am seeing any difference but I started seeing fine lines around the brows and decided to start the serum.

What age do you think is the best age? Any tested and tried anti-ageing recommendations? Please and thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 09:06 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,572,682 times
I'd say in your 30s. That's when most say that clock starts really ticking on collagen/elastin breakdown, etc.
You might not notice a lot of difference... and often the differences will be subtle but... you can slow down the aging process to some degree with the right products. Study and find which products do have science behind them.

Sometimes I think you have to say to yourself... what would I look like now if I hadn't been using this stuff?

The Ordinary 7% glycolic toner (at night)
a retinoid
Matrixyl 3000 and/or Matrixyl Synth serums
Vit c serum
good moisturizer
good cleanser

Old 01-23-2020, 05:57 AM

11,521 posts, read 14,015,604 times
I'm kinda conflicted about these creams...I'm turning 40 this year, so I picked one up last week but after a couple days, I found it very irritating to my skin. I'm hesitant to even keep using it honestly. (L'oreal Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition with Manuka Honey)

Maybe it was a reaction to fragrance or just too heavy,, Idk.. I had a similar reaction many years ago when I tried an Olay cream.

I've had much better luck with more neutral/natural products, like aloe vera gel, shea butter, various oils, etc... , I have RBF so I don't have wrinkles yet...

Old 01-23-2020, 06:03 AM

2 posts, read 696 times
35 plus in my opinion

Old 01-23-2020, 07:51 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,572,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm kinda conflicted about these creams...I'm turning 40 this year, so I picked one up last week but after a couple days, I found it very irritating to my skin. I'm hesitant to even keep using it honestly. (L'oreal Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition with Manuka Honey)

Maybe it was a reaction to fragrance or just too heavy,, Idk.. I had a similar reaction many years ago when I tried an Olay cream.

I've had much better luck with more neutral/natural products, like aloe vera gel, shea butter, various oils, etc... , I have RBF so I don't have wrinkles yet...

Just as an aside.. I can't stand that line of L'Oreal products or just about any of the Olay stuff. It does not work well on my skin either. Don't like the fragrance, it is heavy to me and it will generally pill up or break me out.

Serums are generally quite different from that stuff.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:41 PM

11,521 posts, read 14,015,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Just as an aside.. I can't stand that line of L'Oreal products or just about any of the Olay stuff. It does not work well on my skin either. Don't like the fragrance, it is heavy to me and it will generally pill up or break me out.

Serums are generally quite different from that stuff.
Thanks, this is good to know!

I really hate wasting $ on things I can't even use!

Old 01-23-2020, 03:07 PM

5,187 posts, read 2,233,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

I use more natural products as well. I don’t use any serums. I use multiple argan oil products (oil/serum/moisturizer) along with products with hyaluronic acid and SPF. A lot of what helps with your skin is lifestyle choices (avoiding smoking and alcohol, using SPF protection and/or wearing hats when going outside). You can only do so much if you have wrinkles from years and years of smoking, for example. It’s mainly more about the ingredients than whether it is expensive. People will say that X expensive product is worth it because it is more concentrated, but some ingredients in high concentrations like Vitamin C can just be too harsh for many people. It isn’t like you need to have a chemical peel daily.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:34 AM

14,749 posts, read 9,768,820 times
The best thing to do with your skin is don't get tanned. Your skin only needs no more than 20mins of sun a day. Don't eat a lot of fried or junk foods that will deplete the skin of vital nutrients. Skins wrinkle when they get damaged and not have the nutrients to rebuild. Eating a lot of good fats like fish, avocados, nuts, and coconut oil.

Old 01-30-2020, 05:14 AM

15,420 posts, read 13,294,305 times
Always had quite oily skin and hated using creams of any sort.. didnt use anything until maybe around forty... had no signs of aging then at all.think genetics and dont smoke never have.. but did sunbathe for years.. silly me... still not much damage at all.. face looks older now but not wrinkled.. I dont go for expensive fancy creams at all.. most are full of toxic rubbish.go for something as natural as possible to hydrate your skin. as most claims are false..

Old 01-30-2020, 09:57 AM

1,083 posts, read 291,367 times
Vitamin C seems to be all the rage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty