U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 AM

1,030 posts, read 271,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Every single month. I switch between a regular facial, oxygen facials, peels, and BR facials. Skin is our biggest organ, take care of it!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with getting facials but I think it’s unfair to imply someone isn’t take care of their skin just because they don’t do monthly facials. That a big expense and there are many ways a person can take care of their skin on their own. We actually know our skin better than an esthetician does. They may not necessarily being the right thing to someone’s skin needs during a facial.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 06:35 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,437,654 times
I have a facial every three months. I am almost 70 and my skin is thinning and sensitive. The facial exfoliates and moisturizes. It is tailored to my needs by a competent professional. It is relaxing. In the other two months I have a back facial and back massage.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM

802 posts, read 171,420 times
Once a year maybe. I can't afford that! I wish I could have them more often because I really need them. Well my skin isn't as bad as it used to be since I have been taking better care of it. I just mainly like any facial that has collagen.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:51 PM

802 posts, read 171,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Every single month. I switch between a regular facial, oxygen facials, peels, and BR facials. Skin is our biggest organ, take care of it!
You can still take care of yourself at home.....not everyone can afford ritzy facial appointments.....

Old 01-29-2020, 07:44 AM

15,418 posts, read 13,249,895 times
Never had one never had a maincure either.. dont want or need them. and think its just another expense .

Old 01-29-2020, 07:59 AM

12,006 posts, read 5,626,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I've never had a facial. I'm wondering if I'm in the minority for this?
I've had one or two but never saw any difference and like someone else said, my face felt so greasy. I steam my face over a large bowl of bowling water with a towel over my head and then exfoliate and moisturize.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,247,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I've never had a facial. I'm wondering if I'm in the minority for this?
I have never had a facial either. I also don't know of anybody in my circle of family and friends who have had one. BTW, my brother is a dermatologist ;-)

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fi...reatment.html/
Quote:
There is very little scientific proof that facials do much more than moisturize
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3266803/

Skin care in the aging female: myths and truths

Quote:
My visit to Dr. Mudgil ended with some tips: don’t get facials, as they can do more harm than good. He recommended a daily facial moisturizer with an SPF 15 in it, even if it is raining or snowing outside. He also added that I should wash my face twice a day with mild multipurpose acne wash — even if I don’t have acne. Then after I reach a certain threshold of “wisdom,” to use a retinoid at night.
Final lessons: use sunscreen, Vaseline, and retinoids; don’t bother with facials; don’t rub poison ivy and citrus juices on your skin; and don’t be seduced by fancy packaging and high prices. Easy enough!

Old Today, 09:57 AM

2,831 posts, read 664,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
I have never had a facial either. I also don't know of anybody in my circle of family and friends who have had one. BTW, my brother is a dermatologist ;-)

There are too many different types of skin...........oily, dry, older, younger, prone to acne, sensitive....so the products & how often we use them have to be adjusted to fit. Lots of people have never had a spa facial IMO but they still DIY it at home with different products depending on their skin type A N D their budget....even some medications can affect the skin. One size doesn't fit everybody when it comes to skin care tho..........

Last edited by TashaPosh; Today at 10:23 AM..

Old Today, 10:18 AM

81,618 posts, read 74,748,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with getting facials but I think it’s unfair to imply someone isn’t take care of their skin just because they don’t do monthly facials. That a big expense and there are many ways a person can take care of their skin on their own. We actually know our skin better than an esthetician does. They may not necessarily being the right thing to someone’s skin needs during a facial.
This. Also, the way facials are usually done in the US can be damaging to the skin. European aestheticians don't squeeze the pores, performing what they call "extractions", like teenagers in front of a bathroom mirror. According to them, that only enlarges the pores over time. It's not necessary to spend money and go to dubious "professionals" to take good care of your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty