U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 03:28 PM

18 posts, read 4,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you've already made up your mind, why do you care? Wear what you want.
Well now I’m worried. Didn’t think they are bad for the feet.
If they were, then 90% of the population will have feet problems since that’s the percentage of people I see wearing them during the summer here in NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 03:33 PM

22,238 posts, read 23,835,083 times
OP - did you want thoughts and opinions or just to declare you are a proud, flip-flop wearing guy?

Wear what you want, no one really cares.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:42 PM

11,618 posts, read 7,264,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
It seems that you prefer to wear flip-flops and want everyone to agree that they look best when wearing shorts.

Count me in the "don't agree" column.

Flip-flops are beach wear. If you have swelling in your feet in sneakers, rethink the model. Or buy a little larger to accommodate the swelling.

Or buy a pair of boat shoes. And get yourself some no-show socks - pick a light-weight style - and wear them with your sneakers/boat shoes.

But skip the flip-flops unless you're on vacation. Real grown-ups wear real shoes.
ITA. Flip flops aren't stylish at all. Way too casual, and really only acceptable at the beach or poolside.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:52 PM

8,202 posts, read 4,473,513 times
I wear what I want and that which is comfortable. I am not out to make a fashion statement and couldn’t care less what people think of my footwear. YMMV

Old 01-28-2020, 05:10 PM

5,153 posts, read 2,829,111 times
Nothing that makes a "flip flop" sound is stylish. Sandals with straps are better, and if a man's toes/nails are not well-kept, closed toes, please (and same for women).

Old 01-28-2020, 05:13 PM

18 posts, read 4,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OP - did you want thoughts and opinions or just to declare you are a proud, flip-flop wearing guy?

Wear what you want, no one really cares.
Lol, I’m just surprised at all the negativity since flip flops are insanely popular. At least here in NY, they are. Maybe where you guys are from, no one wears them. If that’s the case, then all the negativity in this thread makes sense.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:39 PM

2,124 posts, read 765,989 times
I like Crocs Flip Flops, I find them durable and comfortable. Nothing better than wearing shorts and crocs flip flops during a warm, muggy summer thunderstorm. Your legs and feet will dry off much quicker than anyone else's!

Old 01-28-2020, 05:50 PM

6,477 posts, read 8,117,920 times
OP, nobody cares what you wear. Wear the damn flip-flops if you please. Just don't think because YOU see "everybody" wearing them that they are in any way stylish. They are ugly and there is very little protection for your feet, especially when walking around city streets where I have seen - I won't say what because I don't want to even think about what's on those sidewalks. Nevertheless, all those germs are creeping around on your tootsies. Ugh.

You asked, we answered.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:50 PM

3,178 posts, read 3,274,151 times
Flip flops do not even belong in a 'Fashion & Beauty' forum, they belong in the garbage can.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:32 PM

2,542 posts, read 1,104,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm a guy that usually wears sneakers with my shorts in the summer. But having worn sneakers with my shorts for year, I can't help but feel goofy in them because wearing socks and sneakers looks and feels weird to me, especially when it's blazing hot out in the middle of July. Whenever I see guys and girls in flip flops, I feel they look so much better because what they're wearing what most appropriately matches the weather.

Anyone else feel the same way? Do you think it's better for men like me to start wearing flip flops with shorts instead of sneakers?
I wear shorts almost every day. I wear flip flops or sandals only rarely because they don’t give me the arch support I need. I wear comfortable, casual shoes with no socks about 90% of the time.
I agree with you that shorts and tennis shoes with socks is a no go. Around here, only geezers wear those!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or