U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 07:31 PM

1,894 posts, read 568,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Well the thing is, not only do I feel that flip flops are more stylish, but I personally feel they're far more comfortable than sneakers. The thing with sneakers is not only are they too darn hot, but my feet swell while walking in the summer due to the heat. So no matter how roomy and well-fitted a pair of shoes are, they eventually get very uncomfortable to wear. With flip flops, I don't have to worry about that.

The only caveat with flip flops is the fear of getting blisters, which is why I always wore sneakers. I walk A LOT during warm weather and I always fear that the rubbing of the strap could cause an issue, though I'm sure I can easily overcome that by walking in flip flops more. My mom walks everywhere in flip flops during the summer and never has blister issues because her feet are used to them.
So wear comfortable sandals. I pretty much lived in my Tevas when I lived in Thailand, whenever I wasn't at work... walked miles and miles in them for a couple years... perfectly comfortable. You might have to try on a few pairs to find a pair that works for you.

With flip-flops, I'd worry more about how quickly it would get annoying to walk around clenching my toes to keep them on. Try something with an ankle strap that doesn't take any effort to retain on your foot so you can just... walk. The other upside is that most walking sandals will have a more molded footbed, since many people complain that they need a certain amount of arch support.

Quote:
Well I'm back to being stylish again. Sandals like THESE look really goofy and more like something my dad would wear. Flip flops are a better looking, more stylish type open toed footwear.
There are people who think flip-flops are good-looking and stylish??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 08:40 PM

19 posts, read 4,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
There are people who think flip-flops are good-looking and stylish??

Well yeah....

Old 01-28-2020, 08:43 PM

19 posts, read 4,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I like Crocs Flip Flops, I find them durable and comfortable. Nothing better than wearing shorts and crocs flip flops during a warm, muggy summer thunderstorm. Your legs and feet will dry off much quicker than anyone else's!

That's what I thought. I plan to go to Washington DC in June and it's quite warm there. I was hoping to try and wear flip flops for the entire three-day duration of my trip. I figured having to spend three days without my feet confined in shoes and letting them breathe during the warm weather would be a vacation in heaven. But due to what I'm reading in this thread, I'm starting to hesitate trying that out and just wear sneakers...

Old 01-28-2020, 08:45 PM

1,568 posts, read 869,662 times
Quote:
That's what I thought. I plan to go to Washington DC in June and it's quite warm there. I was hoping to try and wear flip flops for the entire three-day duration of my trip. I figured having to spend three days without my feet confined in shoes and letting them breathe during the warm weather would be a vacation in heaven. But due to what I'm reading in this thread, I'm starting to hesitate trying that out and just wear sneakers...
I don’t have much of a problem covering large distances in flip flops, but then again I am used to them. Shoes are exceptionally uncomfortable for me. My middle point is a pair of chucks. They are the only shoe I can comfortably wear.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:59 PM

7,229 posts, read 3,440,529 times
Wear what aides your posture and comfort level.
So tired of this anti sandals for men. THey are feet for heavens sakes.....if that eases a person in walking up right and keeps em standing....whats it too folks?

I trip wearing flip flops, always the back part getting caught ...Thats my peeve. So for myself its a safety issue. For those versed in how to walk in em....have at it Ease on down the road

Old 01-29-2020, 06:26 AM

38,771 posts, read 47,665,531 times
Hubby wears boat shoes with shorts, or closed toe sandals...no socks. Socks look goofy.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:37 AM

13,933 posts, read 14,175,061 times
female here, and in my view on men what looks best is sandals, with socks or without.
mens sandals are very attractive.

if a man is going to wear "sneakers" then with socks please. when i see men wearing sneakers or any closed shoes without socks, what it conjures up is grimy and dirty and gross, because that it what if feels like to me wearing shoes without socks, ugh. whereas with socks the feeling is clean and fresh and so is the look.

socks with shorts is not a problem at all.
if a man has nice legs, it accentuates them.
i see delivery people in shorts wearing socks and it is an attractive look

Old 01-29-2020, 08:48 AM

17,751 posts, read 14,652,923 times
I am in sandals all the time. Only time I wear shoes is when running or when at work.

Opinion, but nothing screams "dork" more than someone wearing sneakers with shorts, exceptions of course exist. That is like the de facto US tourist uniform, lol. The bigger and whiter the shoe, the better. Get the socks pulled up to the knee gives you bonus points!

Old 01-29-2020, 08:54 AM

4,932 posts, read 1,461,560 times
I wear Crocs with my 6 pocket shorts. Very comfortable for me. As far as being stylish, that's not on my radar at 66. Comfort at all costs.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:00 AM

702 posts, read 382,030 times
To be "stylish" you need to break the mold. I receive much attention and many comments when I wear my summer attire, usually consisting of a wife beater, speedos, and cowboy boots. Occasionally I will don a head accoutrement, depending on the occasion and how fancy I feel.

Good luck, Rg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or