U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 08:44 AM

6,248 posts, read 3,460,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'll tell ya...if I didn't like the color of my hair (white and silver) I'd color it in a hot minute. But I LIKE how it's grown out, and I'm not doing it to embrace my age...it's because I like what it looks like.
I've seen quite a few women with absolutely gorgeous white/silver hair, and they look beautiful with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 03:44 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,186,971 times
In April, it will have been 2 years since I colored my hair. I was 60.

I don't think I was trying to trick anyone into thinking I looked younger...it's just...I've been coloring my hair since I was 19 mostly. I had stopped for awhile, when my kids were in grade school, when I was in my 30's...but I was already SOOO gray (not white or silver yet) and I felt like I looked like my kids grandma, so I went back to coloring it.

I'm a natural brunette (had VERY dark hair) but the last 10 or 15 years, I'd been dying it various shades of red, including violet, and burgundy. My sister convinced me to let it grow out, so I did. But I always had the caveat that if I didn't like it, I'd start dying it again. Just turned out that I like it a lot.

If you go to my profile, you can kind of see what it looks like now. That picture was taken maybe a year ago.

Old Today, 10:34 AM

6,248 posts, read 3,460,477 times
Quote:

If you go to my profile, you can kind of see what it looks like now. That picture was taken maybe a year ago.
It's beautiful, Sassy! You do NOT need to color your hair. Your sister gave you good advice.

Old Today, 06:17 PM
Status: "Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite." (set 11 days ago)

49,014 posts, read 39,206,860 times
Quote:

I don't think I was trying to trick anyone into thinking I looked younger...it's just...I've been coloring my hair since I was 19 mostly. I had stopped for awhile, when my kids were in grade school, when I was in my 30's...but I was already SOOO gray (not white or silver yet) and I felt like I looked like my kids grandma, so I went back to coloring it.

I'm a natural brunette (had VERY dark hair) but the last 10 or 15 years, I'd been dying it various shades of red, including violet, and burgundy. My sister convinced me to let it grow out, so I did. But I always had the caveat that if I didn't like it, I'd start dying it again. Just turned out that I like it a lot.

Your hair looks great with your coloring!

Old Today, 08:02 PM

5,474 posts, read 10,167,542 times
Quote:

Your hair--and you--look wonderful. Look how your eyes are illuminated by being framed by your hair. Hope mine turn our half as nice as yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or