Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 12:10 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Nothing wrong with teens using a moisturizer. But the way you said she was not only "into" the whole thing, and noting the "latest" products, but preached and managed to convert you - well, that's a level of teen vanity, and perhaps paranoia about aging, that would make me uncomfortable. And you're right - Lauder is intended for older women, not teens.
Wow.. You certainly have an active imagination... “preach and convert me?” Love to know where that came from.. “vanity and paranoia about aging?” unbelievable. That’s a lot of make-believe going on in that head of yours. You do realize none of this was actually written in my post, right? I guess it’s not OK for 17-year-olds to experiment at all with moisturizers...

I think I’ll take a break from this particular forum - some, let’s just nicely say, “illogical” posters here. Didn’t realize moisturizer talk brought out the crazy talk though.

Thanks to those other posters who gave some great product recommendations....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 06:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be thrilled to have teens so busy thinking about face creams.
I loved face creams when I was a teen. It made me feel like a grown up. It can be a good care ritual. I think it is only worrisome if the kid is over-concerned with wrinkles.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 AM

386 posts, read 169,338 times
I can't put on any face creams, high-end or not. They go into your bloodstream and I get faint and chest tightness, almost went to the ER several times and this was Lancôme and Estee Lauder. This only started about 5 years ago!

Old 02-23-2020, 08:06 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovorlando View Post
I can't put on any face creams, high-end or not. They go into your bloodstream and I get faint and chest tightness, almost went to the ER several times and this was Lancôme and Estee Lauder. This only started about 5 years ago!
You might want to try something more natural without chemicals like coconut oil or grapeseed oil.
You can also make your own lotion ( and it isn't that hard at all)

Here's a recipe/instructions on how to do it.
(you can substitute cornstarch for arrowroot powder. Cornstarch is easier to find).

https://thecoconutmama.com/homemade-body-butter/

Old 02-25-2020, 05:20 PM

386 posts, read 169,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You might want to try something more natural without chemicals like coconut oil or grapeseed oil.
You can also make your own lotion ( and it isn't that hard at all)

Here's a recipe/instructions on how to do it.
(you can substitute cornstarch for arrowroot powder. Cornstarch is easier to find).

https://thecoconutmama.com/homemade-body-butter/
I might try this. First coconut oil. I am so paranoid now that I have become I guess allergic to serums etc. and even facepowder and lipstick.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be thrilled to have teens so busy thinking about face creams.
I didn’t have an option. I’ve always had dry skin. I can’t remember what I used when I was a teen, but I know I used something.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:14 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
I might try this. First coconut oil. I am so paranoid now that I have become I guess allergic to serums etc. and even facepowder and lipstick.
Most likely it's the chemicals that give your skin the reaction. I have sensitive skin and can't even use scented laundry detergent as it irritates my skin (I get the itches something awful)

I've made my own..a small test amount. I bought an immersion mixer with a whip attachment and one of those huge pyrex mixing cup. I use the pretty big mouth canning jars from Ball.

What I made though is called body butter. The difference between that and lotion is lotion has water in it while body butter has no water. Not adding water preserves it which is important if you make your own.

If you google "homemade body butter" you'll get a lot of information and videos.

And that corn starch really helps to make it more absorbent. I bought a cream that felt too greasy even after I rubbed the heck out of it into my skin. I emptied that jar into my pyrex mixing cup, added some cornstarch and whipped it up. What a difference that cornstarch made (for the better).

Old 02-26-2020, 08:30 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Do a little googling on beneficial face oils before you choose. There are lots of options out there, and many that are better for facial skin than coconut oil (which can be too heavy for most skins). I suggest looking into options like rosehip oil, argan, jojoba, and marula (depending on your specific skin type and needs).

Old 02-26-2020, 06:08 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
I am a face serum/cream/moisturizer junkie. I keep my eyes peeled for those Ulta special deals whereof you order $75. You get a free gift of 120 samples in a cute cosmetic bag. (That was the last special). I've been doing these for ages and change up favorites as I find them. But I have also have had good luck with finds by recommendation. From all of these, my faves are Exuviance Performance Peel, Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum on Amazon for $14.99, Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud (Walmart has it right now at 1/2 price -buying now lol just paid $52).

I am all ears here.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:46 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
My teen daughter (who has great skin) is into all the latest face creams. She has gotten me into Glow and Glossier. But I have been using the Origins line for years. I like the ingredients, smell, and what it does for my skin, and it’s pretty environmentally friendly.

My daughter and her friends also swear by the $60 Estée Lauder face cream, which is funny to me because I associate that with my grandmother and wrinkly older women. For some reason Estée Lauder seems pretty popular now with the younger generation.
Why does she need face cream so young.. I didnt use any till late 30s ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty