U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM

2,842 posts, read 668,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Just disappointed in the poor quality and fit lately. I’m not going to buy any more Nike ever.

Ita about Nike.....I have a narrow foot & I never can find a good fit. I just found out about Hoka One One.....& love their sneakers for trail walking & crossfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM

37,244 posts, read 43,759,207 times
I don't love them, but they're one of the few brands that fit my orthotics without having to be being ripped apart

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

304 posts, read 69,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't love them, but they're one of the few brands that fit my orthotics without having to be being ripped apart
I also use orthotics, but for me the best shoes with them are Sketchers.

Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM

14,318 posts, read 6,825,892 times
I haven't been through the entire thread yet. However, I noticed the decline in Nike products. I used to buy their slide-type sandals and they would last for years. When a pair I had finally wore out, I recently bought another Nike pair. Within 3 months, they fell apart.

At this point, I refuse to buy any Nike products. It's one thing if they were cheaply priced then I wouldn't complain about them falling apart. When they cost what they do, it just adds insult to injury.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

5,223 posts, read 1,383,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude24 View Post
I also use orthotics, but for me the best shoes with them are Sketchers.
My mother has lamented Skechers discontinuing their shape-ups. My birthday gift for her this year is a pair of the Nike Shox TL that they've been so kind to re-release.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

2,463 posts, read 1,226,784 times
Idk, I haven't had any issues with mine. The pair I wear the most is going on their 3rd year and I can now tell i need to retire them. I wore them to the gym mostly.
I do prefer them to my UA shoes.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

5,223 posts, read 1,383,655 times
I know a few people that, while they can't quantify any "defects", have complained about either product discontinuation of the next-to-most recent version of Nike Free (we hit the jackpot at TJ Maxx, though) or the soles now being so firm they have nearly no flex in them.

My wife has a test she does with any pair of sneakers she's planning on buying: holds each end of the sneaker in each palm and squeezes, trying to see how stiff the sole is, or how forgiving. If it's still as a board, she puts it back, even if she loves the design.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

54,523 posts, read 43,552,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I've never owned a pair of Nike shoes. I've always found them to peddle too many gimmicks rather than just use solid engineering.
$30 shoes with $100 of marketing dollars and profits. Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or